KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Legion

Legion
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

have this on dvr, will watch on the weekend

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Feb 9th, 2017 11:22 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Damn. That was one hell of a first episode!

Old Post Feb 10th, 2017 08:10 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Yes. Still have no clue what is real and what isn't - but I can't wait for the next episode.

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2017 10:11 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

That was a great start. I liked Davids character. I cant wait to see where this goes

PWNT

Old Post Feb 11th, 2017 03:28 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

That first episode was a bit of a mindf***. You have to really pay attention to know what fits in where. Overall though, I am pretty curious to see where they take this. I thought Dan Stevens did a solid job as David. I also want to know who [SPOILER - highlight to read]: that other telekinetic is who was tossing boulders, large chunks of concrete etc. around like they were candy wrappers. He was pretty badass.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2017 04:42 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Yeah, he tossed that armored guy clear over the horizon with a gesture lol.

Haller himself is no slouch, he burned multiple armed guys to crisps/incinerated their armor with pyrokinesis, could cause telekinetic storms, and shook an entire building. He's obviously nowhere even close to controlling his power, but from the little I read of him in AOA he's clearly among the top tier of mutants.

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Feb 11th, 2017 05:01 AM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Was the pyrokinesis him though? Kind of hard to know who did that, given the setup for it. But Syd [SPOILER - highlight to read]: , while using his body and powers, also manipulated matter when she removed the doors from the rooms and phased Lenny into the ceiling.

Comic Legion is one of the most hax characters in Marvel. He has potentially thousands of different split personalities (if not more), and each one of them has their own unique powerset.

Last edited by TheVaultDweller on Feb 11th, 2017 at 05:31 AM

Old Post Feb 11th, 2017 05:27 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

I'm still wondering about that [SPOILER - highlight to read]: escape at the end. How do we know the rescue squad really existed? How do we know it wasn't him who was tossing all those guys around while imagining a rescue squad?

Old Post Feb 11th, 2017 05:49 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Dreampanther
I'm still wondering about that [SPOILER - highlight to read]: escape at the end. How do we know the rescue squad really existed? How do we know it wasn't him who was tossing all those guys around while imagining a rescue squad?

Well, he seems to be interacting with all the people in question during the trailer for the 2nd episode. But will have to wait and see how it all pans out. At this point, I am not 100% sure of anything, really.

Also, I cringed pretty hard when [SPOILER - highlight to read]: David tk'd that pen into the guy's cheek.

Last edited by TheVaultDweller on Feb 11th, 2017 at 06:28 AM

Old Post Feb 11th, 2017 06:19 AM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Interesting article on how this show connects to the wider Fox X-Verse. When the show was pitched, they said there wasn't a connection, but they seem to be changing their tune now:

http://www.thewrap.com/legion-connect-x-men-movies-fx/

Old Post Feb 11th, 2017 09:11 AM
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

What did everybody think about the second episode? Have to confess, I am still not 100% sure what is real and what (or who) is imaginary.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2017 08:38 AM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

http://www.cbr.com/legion-mutant-school-summerland/

New clip goes into the history/purpose of Summerland

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Feb 17th, 2017 05:39 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

Í like the show putting the audience in David's shoes questioning what is/isn't real but not sure what the creators of the show want this type of show to be.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2017 10:24 PM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
staxamillion
Sir Snikts-A-Lot

I really like it. it seems kinda funky tho... is it retro? like I kinda feel like they have blended retro styles and contemporary could this be because its all in his head?

Old Post Feb 21st, 2017 03:53 PM
staxamillion is currently offline Click here to Send staxamillion a Private Message Find more posts by staxamillion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Kind of curious if they can shut down his multiple personalities by going and addressing every one of them and just exorcising them. Though as Doctor Bird noted that his mental defenses seem to be getting stronger, each of them also seem to have their own personalities barring the child one who is probably David's psyche. Some of the scenes in this episode were amazing and the show continues to absolutely be easily the best written/developed Comic related show.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2017 06:18 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Watched the first two eps last night, pilot was dull at times, but overall, I'm liking it enough to watch the 3rd ep. Do see potential.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Feb 24th, 2017 05:51 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

It'll be a miracle if this show gets a 2nd season.

By Stoic

Old Post Feb 25th, 2017 08:23 PM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Most trippy superhero related show ever. It's like Stanley Kubrick meets Alejandro Jodorworsky.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Feb 25th, 2017 10:17 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Not really liking this, but will give it another show or two

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Feb 25th, 2017 11:44 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

The villain is more or less the [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Shadow King

I've read articles from the Nerdist, and Cary Loudermilk's character more or less knocked off quite a few of his character traits.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2017 07:57 AM