KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Legion

Legion
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Now I am wondering how much has been David and how much has been [SPOILER - highlight to read]: the parasite in his head, in terms of abilities shown. From what I understood, the thing had been psychically influencing/controlling him and using his powers, while feeding off him. But it's hard to separate them at this point.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2017 07:31 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Mar 9th, 2017 07:58 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

Kind of figured all of it was David though[SPOILER - highlight to read]: The parasite is now capable of using David's powers through feeding off of him. Wonder if Jazz Man dealt with the same thing which is why he's hiding out in his ice cube hut in the astral plane.

Nice to see TK guy again too.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2017 11:57 PM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

quote: (post)
Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
Kind of figured all of it was David though[SPOILER - highlight to read]: The parasite is now capable of using David's powers through feeding off of him. Wonder if Jazz Man dealt with the same thing which is why he's hiding out in his ice cube hut in the astral plane.

Nice to see TK guy again too.

Yeah, that is kind of what I figured, but they still made it all super vague (and, with this show and how it has gone, I believe it is completely intentional). [SPOILER - highlight to read]: the parasite still has to be a monumentally powerful telepath to puppet David like that though.

Interesting that we now also know Legion is adopted, which leaves the door open for Xavier to be his father. One of the guys behind the show said that they have always considered that part of the lore to still be part of the character they are making for the show. And Patrick Stewart, despite previously saying he was done with the X-Men, said he would consider returning for this show.

Last edited by TheVaultDweller on Mar 10th, 2017 at 05:52 AM

Old Post Mar 10th, 2017 05:49 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

http://comicbook.com/marvel/2017/03...s-gifted-title/

New Xmen series to be titled Gifted and is in the movie continuity

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Mar 11th, 2017 03:40 AM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Then what does that make this show? More its own separate thing?

Old Post Mar 11th, 2017 03:47 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

http://www.cbr.com/x-men-tv-series-classic-mutant/

Thunderbird joins Polaris in the lineup for the show

Old Post Mar 12th, 2017 01:03 AM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

It's been confirmed that this is getting a 2nd season.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2017 10:50 AM
ares834

Another phenomenal episode.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2017 05:05 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

****ing sucks its already the season finale

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2017 05:49 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Really? I'm kinda underwhelmed then. Shadow King's mainly the reason I'm still watching by this point, but hope I can feel more invested in the future.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2017 06:30 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Yeah, gotta admit, I started losing interest a couple of episodes ago.

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2017 08:18 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

I've been enjoying it so far, but I can understand why some people might not be so keen on it. It's not at all a traditional superhero show, but more of a scifi psychological horror. Also, [SPOILER - highlight to read]: guess the wheelchair with the big X on the side, from Amy's flashback, confirms that Xavier is indeed David's father in this version.

And another thing. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: They kept talking about how that moment in time was frozen in the real world, while everything was going on in the astral plain. So, did David's power actually freeze time in the real world, locally, or was it just a case of everything in the astral plain happening at a much more rapid pace than real world events were?

Last edited by TheVaultDweller on Mar 24th, 2017 at 07:47 AM

Old Post Mar 24th, 2017 07:34 AM
GM_Nebaris
not-S_W_LeGenD

Yeah I've been loving it so far, it's hard to imagine how they could have done a better job so far at adapting Legion's character to the screen.

@TheVaultDweller:

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: The visuals suggested that time wasn't completely frozen but just slowed down at an incredible rate (it seemed to be showing the bullets to be moving very slowly for instance), and I imagine that that was due to things happening at a faster rate on the astral plane in a way not caused by David's powers.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2017 05:14 PM
GM_Nebaris is currently offline Click here to Send GM_Nebaris a Private Message Find more posts by GM_Nebaris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

I'm not so sure. Both Oliver and Cary referred to [SPOILER - highlight to read]: the timeline as being "frozen" and needing to "unfreeze" it to help fix things. So, that implies that there is some chronokinesis going on there. The Shadow King being able to use David's powers to remove sound from the real world already supports the notion that he is a full-on reality warper.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2017 09:18 AM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Then what does that make this show? More its own separate thing?

From the sounds of that article, yeah Legion is a separate continuity.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2017 11:38 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

-Edit:

Looks like David [SPOILER - highlight to read]: didn't have enough power to expel Farouk on his own, even with the aid of the building's grid. Also loved seeing the Shadow King infect other mutants.

Does anyone know what the Division 3 guys meant by sending in [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Equinox?? Seems like a weapon of some sort

Last edited by carthage on Mar 30th, 2017 at 04:21 AM

Old Post Mar 30th, 2017 04:17 AM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by carthage
-Edit:

Looks like David [SPOILER - highlight to read]: didn't have enough power to expel Farouk on his own, even with the aid of the building's grid. Also loved seeing the Shadow King infect other mutants.

Does anyone know what the Division 3 guys meant by sending in [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Equinox?? Seems like a weapon of some sort

It wasn't about power. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Farouk had been a part of David for so long that he was ingrained into David's very being. The whole conversation between Syd and him made that much pretty clear. The fact that David was actually able to knock Farouk out of Kerry's body, even if it also knocked him on his ass, is more telling IMO.

And I take it you didn't watch the mid-credit scene. Because I am assuming that's what the Equinox was.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2017 07:27 PM
roughrider
Thunderer

Finished it last night. Was actually more bonkers than the recent Dirk Gently series, and that's saying something.

This show might have been what Ang Lee was trying to do with his Hulk movie - which was make it a psychological horror story - but the show pulled it off much better. I couldn't predict was was going to happen moment by moment; every scene was like a surprise. thumb up

Maybe not everyone could get into this Marvel story that played like a Stanley Kubrick/Pink Floyd mashup, but I loved it.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Mar 31st, 2017 11:33 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

son of a...

just as this was getting good the season finale happens.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2017 02:10 AM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote