KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » The Punisher (Netflix)

The Punisher (Netflix)
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

saw it. dig it.

my only hope is that his family being killed is covered in the first episode and there aren't a bunch of flashbacks in every episode, a la 'Arrow'.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2017 01:28 AM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

quote: (post)
Originally posted by marwash22
saw it. dig it.

my only hope is that his family being killed is covered in the first episode and there aren't a bunch of flashbacks in every episode, a la 'Arrow'.
These are pretty much my exact thoughts. Don't overdo the origin. We get it. He wants revenge for his murdered family.

And yeah, the new trailer was great

PWNT

Old Post Sep 21st, 2017 02:16 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

It looks good, but I have to admit I am not looking forward to Page being his "sidekick" during the show. I get that they bonded during S2 of DD, but she just annoys me.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Sep 21st, 2017 03:15 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Doesn't seem like someone else is going to post it, so:

Old Post Sep 21st, 2017 12:34 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Nice use of Metallica.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2017 09:34 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

^ Hell yeah it is. Not sure Metallica has ever been used so well.

This looks fu#king amazing.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2017 11:34 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

I hope the series will incorporate stories by Garth Ennis and Jason Aaron.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2017 06:37 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Checked out the trailer, Not a fan of them changing where his family gets murdered and thin Microchip

apart from those two things it looks good.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2017 09:01 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

I had a thought. It would be pretty amusing if this show sets up one of the classic Netflix Marvel hallway fight scenes. But then, instead of an actual fight, Frank just machine guns everyone to death in like 5 seconds, or blows the whole thing up.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 05:25 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
I had a thought. It would be pretty amusing if this show sets up one of the classic Netflix Marvel hallway fight scenes. But then, instead of an actual fight, Frank just machine guns everyone to death in like 5 seconds, or blows the whole thing up.

I like it. Upping the ante from Indiana Jones and the classic shooting of the swordsman...

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 06:11 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

There's a story that Ford only opted to do that because he had a bad case of the squirts and wanted to get the scene over with. If true, the guy who he shot deserves a lot of credit for his effort.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 07:29 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Apparently the Vegas shooting has caused Netflix to postpone the premier of Punisher.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/10...r-premiere?read

Old Post Oct 7th, 2017 04:40 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Yeah, this kind of reaction usually occurs, unfortunate but I think we can all live with it.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2017 11:19 AM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Saw that. Sucks, but whatever.

PWNT

Old Post Oct 7th, 2017 07:46 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Am I the only one who thinks Punisher shouldn't have his own show? Just feels like he works best appearing on other shows as opposed to one focused on him.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2017 03:10 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

I see what you're saying but as a fan of the comic books for years I'm looking forward to this. I think also, the way Jon Bernthal portrayed him in DD S2 gives me enough hope for this, as long as they get the fight scenes right.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2017 04:04 PM
Arachnid1

Originally posted by Surtur
Am I the only one who thinks Punisher shouldn't have his own show? Just feels like he works best appearing on other shows as opposed to one focused on him.
I'm gonna have to disagree man. Punisher has some great stories and villains too. He's also probably the only R-rated marvel hero we'll get. I'm hoping his show goes all out

PWNT

Old Post Oct 13th, 2017 06:16 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

This has the makings to be far surperior to JJ, DD, LC and IF, anyone who disagrees should be punished.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Oct 13th, 2017 06:34 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

shut up, Tart.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: i agree. this will probably be better than everything thus far

Old Post Oct 13th, 2017 06:58 PM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Hell yeah, November 17th. That's not that far off...

http://deadline.com/2017/10/marvel-...hal-1202190165/

Old Post Oct 19th, 2017 05:16 PM