KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » The Punisher (Netflix)

The Punisher (Netflix)
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Patient_Leech
Ungod

quote: (post)
Originally posted by carthage
Been rewatching Daredevil Season 2 since last Night

The rooftop scenes and the dialogue with Matt and the Punisher in the cemetery might be some of the best in the MCU

I liked the scenes with Vincent D'Onofrio as Kingpin the best. That's easily the best in the MCU.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2017 08:32 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Oh yeah for sure those scenes are amazing as well

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Nov 16th, 2017 08:41 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

I checked out the first episode. I gotta say, I love [SPOILER - highlight to read]: how absurdly tough Netflix thugs become when the plot demands it. It's happened on the other Marvel Netflix shows as well, and here we see it again. Those three took way more hits than they should have. Because we see Frank use that hammer earlier in the show, and he clearly knows how to swing it. Yet one thug even manages to make a run for it after multiple hard hits. Reminds me of the Russian guy from Daredevil season 1. Got blown up, beaten up, shot, beaten up some more, smashed through multiple floors, and still made a last stand after that.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2017 04:20 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Watched the first 3 episodes. Thought they were great. Everything a punisher show should be imo.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2017 09:22 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

does the pacing pick up? i am on the first ep and it's boring so far.... phuck erm

Old Post Nov 17th, 2017 10:48 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I didn't think it was boring.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2017 11:09 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Originally posted by The Nuul
does the pacing pick up? i am on the first ep and it's boring so far.... phuck erm
If You legitimately think that, I have no clue what show you're watching.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Nov 17th, 2017 11:14 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

Just got done binge watching. Goddamn! I'll have to let a full review marinade, but to summarize, it has a great balance of brutal violence and emotional drama. I will say, I was caught off guard. I was expecting to watch The Punisher terrorize drug rings, but it was mainly a continuation of the military conspiracy plot of Daredevil Season 2, being more of a continuation of the Punisher (and Jigsaw's) origin story, focused more on the themes of PTSD and military legality than vigilantism. Speaking of PTSD, there is a subplot about a crazy ex soldier that is...not exactly necessary. But it was still tense and exhilarating throughout, the characters (except the ex soldier) were fun to watch, and it leads into a great final two episodes, so I would definitely recommend it

"Tell him that you've got credible intelligence about a threat to his life"-
Jack Bauer

Last edited by Lestov16 on Nov 18th, 2017 at 12:22 AM

Old Post Nov 18th, 2017 12:12 AM
Lestov16 is currently offline Click here to Send Lestov16 a Private Message Find more posts by Lestov16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Hoping to start this show A-f#cking-SAP.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2017 12:30 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Just started on episode 4, and I had to laugh at [SPOILER - highlight to read]: poor Turk. He's just constantly getting beaten up by the street level heroes/vigilantes who operate in New York.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2017 04:50 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

The first episode was pretty great. Hopefully, the show keeps up that quality.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2017 05:08 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

Watched the first 9 episodes tonight at work. Loving it so far.

By Stoic

Old Post Nov 18th, 2017 10:38 AM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Yeah, which show did you turn on? First episode was good.

I get that they didn't want to do the expected origin episode, happy life with family and they all get killed, etc. So they did it creatively with flashbacks.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2017 11:22 AM
Impediment
Endless

First episode was a little slow, but necessary for pacing and ploy set up. thumb up

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Nov 18th, 2017 06:06 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

boring might be the wrong word, this show is slow paced though. i was expecting a kick ass show that was fast paced

which ep does frank get his gear and skull shirt in?

Old Post Nov 18th, 2017 10:27 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

I don't get how it's slow paced though.

There are fire fights every ep

Old Post Nov 18th, 2017 11:08 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

some fire fights, there isn't a lot of action. i was expecting a lot of kick ass punisher action, not frank castle flash backs and back story, there is also a lot of talking between microchip and frank, just not them though, every one is talking and not enough action. there is a lot of world building etc...

Last edited by Squirrel Fart on Nov 18th, 2017 at 11:29 PM

Old Post Nov 18th, 2017 11:26 PM
Squirrel Fart

there is just too much frank castle and not enough punisher

if this was batman, then i would want to see batman and not bruce wayne back story etc...

Old Post Nov 18th, 2017 11:33 PM
Arachnid1

It doesn't feel slow paced to me either. In fact, the pacing feels near perfect, and nothing feels like filler.

I'm about half way through, and so far, it's better than everything but Daredevil Season 1. It seems about tied with that (it actually seems to edge out in writing; the dialogue is great). Billy and Micro are phenomenal in this show. I honestly didn't expect to see [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Jigsaw as a villain in season 1. It's like a Batman show starting off with the Joker. They also made Jigsaw one of the most interesting people in the show. He may actually be my favorite character so far. Him working with Rawlins actually felt like a gut punch.

The only thing I wish we saw more of is Frank actually wearing the skull. So far he's only had it for the episode 1 murder montage.

I'm glad they got it right with the Punisher after how disappointing JJ, LC, TD, and IF were. I'm also kind of hoping Finn Cooley makes an appearance as a villain eventually in this show. It doesn't have to be this season since we've already got two great villains, but give him a small arc in season 2 or something. There is no way he actually died from the shotgun blast in DD season 2

PWNT

Last edited by Arachnid1 on Nov 19th, 2017 at 12:19 AM

Old Post Nov 19th, 2017 12:11 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

some fire fights, there isn't a lot of action. i was expecting a lot of kick ass punisher action, not frank castle flash backs and back story, there is also a lot of talking between microchip and frank, just not them though, every one is talking and not enough action. there is a lot of world building etc...
there is just too much frank castle and not enough punisher

if this was batman, then i would want to see batman and not bruce wayne back story etc...
Batman is two people essentially, Bruce and Batman.

Frank is Punisher, there's no separation.

I'm not really sure you're wanting to see, he is being the Punisher.

I mean, it sounds like you want less plot and more explosions or something. There are bodies being dropped left and right every episode, any less exposition or dialog and the show would be pointless violence with no story.

Last edited by Mindset on Nov 19th, 2017 at 03:00 AM

Old Post Nov 19th, 2017 02:58 AM