KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » The Punisher (Netflix)

The Punisher (Netflix)
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cdtm

Punisher's always been very characterization heavy. Like 75% of Punisher comics is just getting into his head, and playing him off normies (And weirdo's)

If you want pointless violence, just watch John Wick movies. The shows even parody themselves about it ("He killed them all.. because of a DOG. And a CAR
")

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2017 04:53 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cdtm
If you want pointless violence, just watch John Wick movies. The shows even parody themselves about it ("He killed them all.. because of a DOG. And a CAR
")

Which is made all the more ridiculous by the sheer number of people he kills across the two films. 84 in the first, and 128 in the second.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2017 05:08 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Maybe I missed something, I'm on episode 9, but...[SPOILER - highlight to read]: the episode where it shows Frank shooting with a sniper rifle at the same guy he had punched in the eye in Afghanistan. Did Frank shoot him and miss? Or did he get shot and survive?

Old Post Nov 19th, 2017 06:10 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

Originally posted by Surtur
Maybe I missed something, I'm on episode 9, but...[SPOILER - highlight to read]: the episode where it shows Frank shooting with a sniper rifle at the same guy he had punched in the eye in Afghanistan. Did Frank shoot him and miss? Or did he get shot and survive?

It was bullet proof glass.

By Stoic

Old Post Nov 19th, 2017 07:09 PM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Franks body eats bullets
Like how many times has he been shot in DD season 2 and his show? Like 7 or 8??

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Nov 19th, 2017 07:13 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

They also did a great twist with Russo
Some great personal drama between him and Frank
Honestly, this is the best MCU Marvel title since Daredevil

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Nov 19th, 2017 07:56 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think Frank is a mutant whose power is to not die from gunshot wounds.

He's like a zombie. Either you get a headshot or that f*cker isn't going down.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2017 11:37 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I was really hoping they'd not have Russo [SPOILER - highlight to read]: be bad, as it was so predictably heading that way. I get that because of the comics he was going to, but still, it would have been nice not to have it happen.

Show was solid enough, but what really stood out to me was the action. The brutality was amazing.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Nov 19th, 2017 11:43 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Indeed, this show could have been called "Punisher: Zero F*cks Left To Give".

Old Post Nov 20th, 2017 12:13 AM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Yeah I'm really digging this show so far. 8 eps in.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2017 12:47 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gehenna
Sorgo

Does anyone recommend watching the Defenders before this or can I just go in?

Nothing ever ends.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2017 03:11 AM
Gehenna is currently offline Click here to Send Gehenna a Private Message Find more posts by Gehenna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Nah so far it has nothing to do with Defenders. Probably should watch Daredevil first if you haven't, though.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2017 03:26 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

I finally finished this tonight. Great season overall, and definitely the best Marvel has done on Netflix since DD season 1. It didn't end up outdoing DDS1, but it was damn close. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Jigsaw was an amazing villain. He completely outshined Rawlins. I cant wait to see him in future seasons.

PWNT

Old Post Nov 20th, 2017 06:17 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gehenna
Sorgo

Originally posted by BackFire
Nah so far it has nothing to do with Defenders. Probably should watch Daredevil first if you haven't, though.
Yeah, I've seen all of that. It's the only one of those series I've seen thoroughly.

Nothing ever ends.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2017 11:58 AM
Gehenna is currently offline Click here to Send Gehenna a Private Message Find more posts by Gehenna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

4 episodes in so far. Some of the police work in the show has been a little slow and boring, but there's pay offs and I can really see it shaping up well. I'm enjoying it. It's not as good as Daredevil yet, but I think that's probably impossible.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2017 01:39 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Just saw the first episode last night and I’m already hooked.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2017 03:06 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

^ Yeah, the first episode is great. After that it turns into sort of a slow build, but yeah, it's shaping up to be good...

Old Post Nov 20th, 2017 03:15 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gehenna
Sorgo

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
^ Yeah, the first episode is great. After that it turns into sort of a slow build, but yeah, it's shaping up to be good...

I think you'd like The Raid: Redemption and it's sequel. Go watch, if you haven't. I've gotten action freak vibes from you so if you're an action freak? There's little that's better.

Nothing ever ends.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2017 10:31 PM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Episode 12

Holy shit some killer scenes

Old Post Nov 20th, 2017 11:32 PM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

I'm seeing Russo and some major bad blood in season 2

**** yeah

He's got some potential to be another Kingpin level MCU performance

Old Post Nov 21st, 2017 12:52 AM