KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » The Punisher (Netflix)

The Punisher (Netflix)
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 5 6 [7]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

I finished this last night. I enjoyed it. Thought it was on par with S1 and the best parts of S2 of DD, as well as Jessica Jones, and better than all the rest. And damn, [SPOILER - highlight to read]: that ending was brutal. Even after everything Billy did, watching Frank drag his face along a broken mirror was not pretty.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2017 02:25 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Fair enough.

Anyway, 6 episodes in now and pretty hooked. This show is getting really, really good. Looking forward to some major mayhem going down... [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Really surprised that his friend Billy has betrayed him, or so it appears (or maybe he's luring Agent Orange to Punisher so Punisher can take him out). He does seem to like fancy clothes and cars, though, so maybe Agent Orange made him an offer he couldn't refuse.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Is it really that big a surprise? Hs name is "Billy Russo". Look it up.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2017 07:38 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech

Originally posted by KingD19
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Is it really that big a surprise? Hs name is "Billy Russo". Look it up.

Oh, I didn't know that's who Jigsaw was.

(please log in to view the image)

^ Good lord that movie was so bad! laughing out loud

Old Post Nov 24th, 2017 08:32 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WolvesofBabylon

In my opinion, 2nd best thing Marvel has done. First being Winter Soldier.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2017 11:33 PM
WolvesofBabylon is online now! Click here to Send WolvesofBabylon a Private Message Find more posts by WolvesofBabylon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Unavoidable

Originally posted by The Lost
You and me both. Every single time I see one of these new superhero movies, it gets more and more tired each time for me. I mean, Thor: Ragnarok does look like fun but it's just getting so absurd...
It is fantasy which is what I enjoy. This movie is great. American seems to agree as well.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2017 04:14 AM
quanchi112 is online now! Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur

Indeed, I'm not getting tired of it. Not every single super hero movie turns out to be awesome, but a lot of high quality stuff is coming out.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2017 04:40 PM
Surtur is online now! Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech

I'm almost done with this show and it's great. Have 2 more episodes left I think.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2017 04:41 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
Icey Dead People

I enjoyed this. Overall it was great. My only complaint is that we dont get too much Season 2 daredevil Frank and we get too much Thomas Jane Punisher. Meaning, not enough cold blooded remorseless Frank and a bit too much caring Frank.
I understand its an origin story of sorts and hope Frank eventually gets back to his DD season 2 self.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2017 03:08 AM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Patriotic Judge

Iím glad I didnít realize who Jigsaw was until after the fact, otherwise it wouldíve been a spoiler before I finished watching the season.

But yeah, great show. People werenít kidding when they said it was up there with the best of the lineup like S1 Daredevil. Had to see it to believe it.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2017 03:29 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

I'm almost done.. does frank get the war machine armor big grin

Thanks Steve... The Darkside of the force...

Old Post Nov 28th, 2017 03:30 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech

Holy dick-bean, just finished episode 12 last night, so one more to go. I would have been perfectly satisfied with that being the final episode. Jesus H Christ, I didn't know Netflix had the balls to get that bloody and violent. Great pay off in episode 12. This show is fantastic.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2017 12:40 PM
Patient_Leech

Originally posted by Surtur
I admit this is the first show [SPOILER - highlight to read]: I got pissed over a character death. Though it wasn't real, but when it seemed like Micro was dead I was like "oh f*ck you"

I was like, "Who are you talking about? No one major died," but yeah, gotcha. I had the same reaction when [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Madina got shot at the end. I thought she was a gonner for sure.

Finished this show up last night and thought it was fantastic. Slow build at the beginning, but it definitely pays off along the way and ends with a couple great episodes as the finale. Because it's a little slower at the beginning I think you have to view some of these Marvel Netflix shows like you would an extended movie. So each episode isn't going to have a neat and tidy resolution with a bow tied on it. But the season as a whole has a great arc and you just have to be a bit more patient.

I give this show thumb up thumb up

Old Post Nov 29th, 2017 12:56 PM
Patient_Leech

We shall be punished again! Renewed for 2nd season...

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/mar...lix-1202638143/

Old Post Today 01:06 PM