KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Darth Maul vs Anakin

Darth Maul vs Anakin
Started by: Rebel95

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Thor

Still Ani.

Late TCW Anakin solidly defeats TCW/SOD Maul. Whereas ROTS Anakin stomps any version of Maul Lol

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2016 10:35 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chingchangwalla
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's no rape tbh. Anakin is bottom of tier 9 and Maul, the top of tier 8. Anakin's victories come through massive strength advantage; Dooku, Ventress etc. a category Anakin isn't stomping in. I'll no doubt get roasted but I believe Bloodlusted Maul = Anakin no expression
Maul still loses tho

Last edited by chingchangwalla on Aug 22nd, 2016 at 10:43 AM

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2016 10:38 AM
Click here to Send chingchangwalla a Private Message Find more posts by chingchangwalla Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chingchangwalla
Restricted

Account Restricted

Maul is above Kenobi, circumstantial or not he could've killed him with force choke upwards of 3-4 times :/
Plot armour > Maul

Last edited by chingchangwalla on Aug 22nd, 2016 at 10:46 AM

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2016 10:42 AM
Click here to Send chingchangwalla a Private Message Find more posts by chingchangwalla Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

RotS Anakin's better skilfully, physically, and in the Force. He's on another level as a lightsaber combatant and another league as a Force wielder. This is a very decisive win for him.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2016 10:49 AM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chingchangwalla
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm interested on your take of the ROTS Dooku vs Anakin fight Sunrazor. Are you a 'Dooku would've won if he wasn't holding back and Anakin wasn't pissed off' person or do you see it as Anakin just smashing the **** out Dooku?

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2016 10:56 AM
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by chingchangwalla
It's no rape tbh. Anakin is bottom of tier 9 and Maul, the top of tier 8. Anakin's victories come through massive strength advantage; Dooku, Ventress etc. a category Anakin isn't stomping in. I'll no doubt get roasted but I believe Bloodlusted Maul = Anakin no expression
Maul still loses tho

There's no top or bottom's of Gillard's Tier 9. He specifically notes that when you get to that tier the fights can just go either way.

Dooku's top of tier 8. Maul = Kenobi in Sabers (But perhaps he's Dooku's equal by Rebels).

Anakin has a strength advantage over all the tier 8's. If Kenobi hadn't trained him, and Ani wasn't emotionally compromised then that fight would have been a lot more one sided.

What about a bloodlusted Anakin Lol. Whatever way you put it Maul loses this one. That's not a diss against Maul, because Dooku couldn't fair any better. And Kenobi shouldn't really fair any better either.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2016 11:07 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chingchangwalla
Restricted

Account Restricted

I. do. not. give. a. shit. about. Gillard's. tiering. system. FOR **** SAKE

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2016 11:09 AM
Darth Thor

Urmm, you brought it up?

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2016 11:10 AM
chingchangwalla
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm talking about my tiering system smile just my opinion

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2016 11:14 AM
chingchangwalla
Restricted

Account Restricted

I kinda have to be arguing Maul > Anakin because I'm a believer of Vader > Anakin.
I'm workin on a little piece of why Season 3 Maul could possibly be > Vader (completely disregarding plot and Filoni's f.uckery)

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2016 11:17 AM
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

I'm interested on your take of the ROTS Dooku vs Anakin fight Sunrazor. Are you a 'Dooku would've won if he wasn't holding back and Anakin wasn't pissed off' person or do you see it as Anakin just smashing the **** out Dooku?

Dooku wasn't holding back to begin with, not in the later portions of the fight anyway. The RotS novel just has Anakin curbing him - not in skill, but in everything else. Other sources have them as about equal until Anakin taps into his anger.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2016 11:28 AM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chingchangwalla
Restricted

Account Restricted

thumb up

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2016 11:30 AM
Darth Thor

I kinda have to be arguing Maul > Anakin because I'm a believer of Vader > Anakin.

Not likely tbh given Anakin was already > Count Dooku. Vader does seem to be > ROTS Anakin overall, but I doubt it's a huge difference.

I'm workin on a little piece of why Season 3 Maul could possibly be > Vader (completely disregarding plot and Filoni's f.uckery)

It's just been confirmed by too many different people working on Rebels that Vader > Maul tbh. Best to just accept it.

But Like I said, it's not a diss against Maul, given Count Dooku, Kenobi, all the Prequel greats (bar Yoda, Sidious and Mace) are below Vader.

Now what IS a Diss against Maul was him losing to Blind Kanan. Filoni ought to resign for that travesty.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2016 12:35 PM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

I'm talking about my tiering system smile just my opinion
Who gives a **** about your opinion Chingy huh?

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2016 01:03 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chingchangwalla
Restricted

Account Restricted

Thought you would Beni <3

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2016 01:08 PM
Dark-Kenshin
Blocked

Zonakin sweeps.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2016 02:28 PM
Click here to Send Dark-Kenshin a Private Message Find more posts by Dark-Kenshin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Thought you would Beni <3
embarrasment

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2016 03:02 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
McP

Originally posted by Darth Thor

Dooku's top of tier 8. Maul = Kenobi in Sabers (But perhaps he's Dooku's equal by Rebels).

Not sure about Dooku's tier. According to Gillard, he fought evenly two agressive fighters (yep, in Gillard's mind, Kenobi was "agressive"). Until Anakin got his rage amp and became 9, Dooku was somehow superior on the screen. And he did well against Yoda.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2016 04:09 PM
Click here to Send McP a Private Message Find more posts by McP Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by McP
Not sure about Dooku's tier. According to Gillard, he fought evenly two agressive fighters (yep, in Gillard's mind, Kenobi was "agressive"). Until Anakin got his rage amp and became 9, Dooku was somehow superior on the screen. And he did well against Yoda.

That's why I said top of tier 8. Gillard said there was a huge jump from 8 to 9 which means there's lots of room in the middle.

And Dooku can't be Gillard's tier 9, because Gillard made it clear Tier 9 fights can go either way. But clearly Yoda vs Dooku was a fight which Dooku couldn't possibly win.

Also DarthAnt says Gillard replied to his email and confirmed both Dooku and Maul were 8's.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2016 06:54 PM
McP

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Also DarthAnt says Gillard replied to his email and confirmed both Dooku and Maul were 8's.

Are you kidding? Ant said, that Gillard said... far from believable argument.

On the other hand, might be true, since Dooku was quickly overhelmed by enraged Anakin.

Anyway, what I was trying to say, is that Gillard's levels are pointless, since Kenobi isn't "agressive" fighter, and Anakin - even enraged - isn't Sidious' or Yoda's equal. It was clearly suggested in Yoda's visioin - Anakin was able to beat Count Dooku in a similar way he did in ROTS, but still he was a non-factor as Yoda's backup against Sidious.
More then that, it seems, that Mace isn't the same as he was arround 2005th. Unlike Yoda or Sidious.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2016 07:19 PM
Click here to Send McP a Private Message Find more posts by McP Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote