KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Darth Maul vs Anakin

Darth Maul vs Anakin
Started by: Rebel95

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ziggystardust
Restricted

Account Restricted

How on earth did he get Gillard's email in the first instance?

I don't know if any of you have worked jobs that involve collecting data, but these things aren't just floating around the internet, waiting for some teenager with too much time on his hands to find.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2016 07:39 PM
Click here to Send Ziggystardust a Private Message Find more posts by Ziggystardust Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Anakin pretty comfortably

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2016 08:25 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by McP
Are you kidding? Ant said, that Gillard said... far from believable argument.

On the other hand, might be true, since Dooku was quickly overhelmed by enraged Anakin.

Anyway, what I was trying to say, is that Gillard's levels are pointless, since Kenobi isn't "agressive" fighter, and Anakin - even enraged - isn't Sidious' or Yoda's equal. It was clearly suggested in Yoda's visioin - Anakin was able to beat Count Dooku in a similar way he did in ROTS, but still he was a non-factor as Yoda's backup against Sidious.
More then that, it seems, that Mace isn't the same as he was arround 2005th. Unlike Yoda or Sidious.

Hey I didn't use that as an argument. Was just saying about Ant. But I know he does message these guys asking questions. And Gillard never did give Dooku a ranking, but like you said he couldn't be a 9 for obvious reasons.

Didn't Sidious overpower Anakin with TK and FL in Yoda's Vision? Had nothing to do with Sabers.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2016 08:36 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
McP

I didn't say he couldn't be 9. According to choreography, he actually could. Anakin never defeated him the same way, that Luke defeated Vader for example. Vader was quickly overhelmed, lost his energy and was beaten even before Luke svered his hand.
Dooku at the very end of the fight was even able to stop Anakin's assault and counter - then Anakin outmanuvered him, Dooku lost his balance, Anakin catched his wrists and severed his hands.

It's much more then a swordfight. The mental game that's going on is just as important as the moves. Dooku's weakness is that he's already beaten Anakin - and he's pretty sure he can do it again
--- Making of ROTS

I would say, that it strongly suggest, that Dooku's overconfidence is a great part of this fight. and That:

Anakin regains his composure and attacks COUNT DOOKU as the Dark Lord continues his spin to meet him head on. Their fighting becomes even more intense. Anakin attacks COUNT DOOKU with a new ferociousness.

Anakin and Dooku continue their fight. It is intense! Finally, in one last energized charge, ANAKIN cuts off COUNT DOOKU's hands.

seems like a fight of wo equals. There will be one winner and one looser, but it's a great fight.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2016 09:10 PM
Click here to Send McP a Private Message Find more posts by McP Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

What version of CW Anakin are we talking about?

I'm going to assume we mean Maul as of fighting Sidious and Anakin as of Season 6.

Maul has the advantage over Anakin in endurance, physical shape, and hand-to-hand combat.

Both are about equal in their application of the force in combat though I might give a slight edge to Anakin circumstances varying.

Sabers: They both practice in strenth-based lightsaber forms but Maul gets the edge with Teräs Käsi.

I still continue to believe that Anakin beat Dooku mainly through exploiting Makashi's weakness against power attacks. Not saying that Anakin was not able to match Dooku's speed, but I believe Dooku was a more skilled technical dueler.

The advantage he had against Dooku wouldn't apply to Maul.

IMO these combatants are too close to make a solid verdict on but I'd reckon that Anakin in his jedi mindset would lose to Maul through frustration. Maul simply outlasts him until Anakin tires or he takes advantage of the environment and Anakin's tendency to "charge like a bull without thinking things through" if you know what I mean.There is a chance Anakin might break through Maul's defenses but I wouldn't bet money on it. Maul wins 8/10

Now if Anakin embraces dark energy (not to the extent of Zonakin) but to the extent he did against say Barriss at the end of their fight, Anakin could win 7-8/10. I just don't see this scenario playing out unless Anakin saw Maul injure Kenobi or hurt him emotionally in someway.

Jedi Anakin is too emotionally conflicted to take on Maul, but Dark Anakin can smile

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2016 10:09 PM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

Anakin would dummy Maul easy

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2016 10:20 PM
Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chingchangwalla
Restricted

Account Restricted

I agree with some of the points you make Kurk but Maul won't win.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2016 11:14 PM
Click here to Send chingchangwalla a Private Message Find more posts by chingchangwalla Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2016 11:21 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

thumb up

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2016 11:23 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deronn Solo
King Yami

Not we can put this whole: "Mace = Dooku" crap to rest.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2016 11:27 PM
Click here to Send Deronn Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Deronn Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ Well they were equal in Legends. Canon not so much.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2016 11:41 PM
chingchangwalla
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ffs

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2016 11:46 PM
Click here to Send chingchangwalla a Private Message Find more posts by chingchangwalla Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Originally posted by Ziggystardust
How on earth did he get Gillard's email in the first instance?

It's not hard. Dude has a stunt website with his contact info.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2016 11:46 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Quanchi should be sucking my d1ck right now for supporting Maul

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2016 12:52 AM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chingchangwalla
Restricted

Account Restricted

I don't think you can be dissing Anakin's emotional state when Maul is all kinds of insane

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2016 12:55 AM
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by chingchangwalla
I don't think you can be dissing Anakin's emotional state when Maul is all kinds of insane

I would agree with you if this was a Maul before switching to his "proper" robotic legs when he was mentally disturbed from years of solitary confinement.
I'm saying that Anakin is held-back by his jedi principles which conflict inside him with fear/anger/hate. Remember in the RotS novel when Dooku pointed it out to Anakin and he became hindered?

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2016 01:28 AM
chingchangwalla
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hmm

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2016 01:54 AM
chingchangwalla
Restricted

Account Restricted

I know Anakin is a prodigy and he's ragdolled Ventress, Barriss etc. But it's not that impressive. By ROTS he couldn't even destroy Kenobi with a force push, sad considering Maul can choke him on a regular basis. So how big is Anakin's force advantage? He has a lot of raw power but it's unrefined :/

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2016 02:07 AM
Darth Thor

^ Maul never force pushed Kenobi whilst he was pushing back though.

Also Maul never rag dolled ROTS Kenobi, and there were usually circumstances to his ragdolling.

That said Maul definitely has the TK advantage over Kenobi, but I honestly don't think the difference is as extreme as some make out.

And given Skywalker seems to tank all of Dooku's Force Tk attacks, I really don't see that area being an advantage for Maul against Skywalker.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2016 09:33 AM
DarthDuelist9

It's not because Ant's riding Gillard's quote to Walhalla that everone has to follow him... I think people are, again, forgetting the context around this quote. From a movie perspective, Gillard's perspective, both Anakin and Windu definitely are a tier 9 duelist like Yoda & Sidous, however that's only under the circumstances the movie brings us. To be more specific, Anakin's only reached that state when he fully released the anger he had been holding back since he was a boy under the inlfuence of Dooku's Dun Moch and Obi-Wan's apparent death while Mace reached this state when he was confronted with the fall of the Republic, his true love, and Sidious, being the most powerful Sith ever.

If Anakin or Windu really were tier 9 duelist under normal circumstances then Dooku would have been destroyed in Dark Disciple and Maul couldn't have holded off Windu in SoD since the gap between tier 8 and 9 is very noticeable according to this same Gillard.

Check out my new Kylo Ren Site! http://darthduelist9.wixsite.com/kylo-ren

Last edited by DarthDuelist9 on Aug 23rd, 2016 at 10:11 AM

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2016 10:03 AM
Click here to Send DarthDuelist9 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthDuelist9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote