KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Darth Maul vs Anakin

Darth Maul vs Anakin
Started by: Rebel95

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 3 4 [5]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
chingchangwalla
Restricted

Account Restricted

It was his first go with Vaapad channeling, what's to say he can't refine that to the point where he can channel ****ing everything and be Sidious tier? He's Obviously not as powerful as someone like Sidious, Revan etc. but he takes that power and uses it to himself much like Vitiate doing bullshit rituals to make himself almost God. So he's not as powerful as the top Sith Lords with his own power, but everytime he comes up against one what's to say he can't beat them as he's already stated to be an equal of ROTS Sidious with channeling on his test run

Old Post Aug 24th, 2016 11:21 AM
Click here to Send chingchangwalla a Private Message Find more posts by chingchangwalla Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

He can reflect a Sith Lord's own power back on them assuming he needs to. He's already more powerful than Maul so wouldn't need to in his case. And he's already equally powerful to Dooku so again there may be no major advantage in that scenario either.

But when he's fighting equally, Shatterpoint seems to give him the advantage.

So yeah he'd probably take almost all other Sith Lords including Vitatie.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2016 11:31 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Mace getting KO'ed by a missle has little bearing on his ability in lightsaber combat tbh but I would agree that Sheev seems quite a bit better a combatant than Windu overall.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2016 11:36 AM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

That's a dangerous no-limits fallacy imo. Combatants have different strengths and weaknesses. Saying Mace has an auto-win is silly. He couldn't beat Dooku. Theres also no proof that he could replicate the fight if someone were to use something other than lightning, like sorcery, telepathy or tk.

With all of Mace's inner darkness I only think it'd be easier for Vitiate to dominate him like he did Revan and Malak, personally.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2016 11:37 AM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

I suppose by bringing up Vitiate I'm skipping around between Canon and Legends, where I was originally just speculating on Vapaad in Canon.

Dooku hasn't stalemated or beaten Mace in Canon.

Canon's weird though. Jedi can get sudden unexplained amps like Kanan against Maul, and Rey against Kylo Ren. So there's various ways Mace could have been amped against Palpatine as a one off. So he'd need more showings to prove he's consistently on Sidious's level. Because so far, his other showings are not displaying that IMO.

But then given Lucas himself said Mace can compete against Sidious, Vapaad's still the most plausible explanation.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2016 12:45 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

I don't think anyone believes that Mace is naturally a rival of Sidious.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2016 12:47 PM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

In Canon, it's possible.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Aug 24th, 2016 04:07 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Canon includes the RotS novel.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2016 10:28 AM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Nope nope.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2016 12:10 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote