KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Help!!! Help needed

Help!!! Help needed
Started by: joesha28

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
joesha28
Asgard's Advocate

Help!!! Help needed

I am pretty out of touch with comic ever since what marvel did and DC 52 and convergence. I am looking for a good martial arts theme or likeless comic.

Pls recommend.

And any idea what happened to Lady Shiva and Bronze Tiger? Recent news?

Old Post Jan 20th, 2016 02:10 PM
joesha28 is currently offline Click here to Send joesha28 a Private Message Find more posts by joesha28 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Re: Help!!! Help needed

quote: (post)
Originally posted by joesha28
I am pretty out of touch with comic ever since what marvel did and DC 52 and convergence. I am looking for a good martial arts theme or likeless comic.

Pls recommend.

Hm.... the most recent Iron Fist comic isn't too good, so I can't recommend that. You've already read Immortal Iron Fist, right?

I think Secret Wars did have a martial-arts focused battleworld, but I forget which one...

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2016 12:53 AM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
joesha28
Asgard's Advocate

Re: Re: Help!!! Help needed

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Q99
Hm.... the most recent Iron Fist comic isn't too good, so I can't recommend that. You've already read Immortal Iron Fist, right?

I think Secret Wars did have a martial-arts focused battleworld, but I forget which one...

Yes I read Iron fist.

I think you are referring to Secret wars Shang chi.

Is there any ongoing issue that I can follow?

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2016 05:24 PM
joesha28 is currently offline Click here to Send joesha28 a Private Message Find more posts by joesha28 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Right, Shang-Chi.

And... beyond that I'm having trouble thinking of one. To go into edge cases-

Hm... dunno if it'd be what you're looking for, but Greg Rucka's Lazarus has occasional sword fights by the Lazari, including an absolutely awesome one at the end of the third arc.

Lesse, Fred Perry's Gold Digger has martial arts characters and stories sometimes, but at the moment is focused on a more cosmic conflict... (it's very much a kitchen sink comic, where one arc may be superheroes, the next martial arts, with adventure archeology being the main theme).

Oh, there *is* IDW's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2016 09:25 PM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote