KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Foreign Cinema » Thor vs Link

Thor vs Link
Started by: NotAllThatEvil

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

quote: (post)
Originally posted by AuraAngel
Gauntlets, not gloves. Play a Zelda game would ya.

Alas, I have been called out. It's true, I have never played a Zelda game, the Link amiibo on my desk is counterfeit, and my collector's edition Zeldas are for bragging rights.

The moon and stars aren't just shades of lead

But you wouldn't know as you rest your head.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2016 04:21 AM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

So how does Link kill Thor exactly when he is getting knocked out by the hammer?

In order for any life to matter, we all have to matter

Old Post Jan 29th, 2016 04:32 AM
Time-Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time-Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time-Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

Originally posted by ScreamPaste
the Link amiibo on my desk... and my collector's edition Zeldas....

Why am I not surprised?

Old Post Jan 29th, 2016 04:40 AM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

Link is fast enough to deal with movie thor.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2016 04:40 AM
NotAllThatEvil is currently offline Click here to Send NotAllThatEvil a Private Message Find more posts by NotAllThatEvil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Originally posted by Astner
Why am I not surprised?

Because those most knowledgeable about a topic are often the ones with the greatest interest in it. thumb up
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
So how does Link kill Thor exactly when he is getting knocked out by the hammer?

Link would give Movie Thor the business.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2016 05:08 AM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

How about Movie Kurse?

In order for any life to matter, we all have to matter

Old Post Jan 29th, 2016 05:46 AM
Time-Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time-Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time-Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
How about Movie Kurse?
Easier than Thor, actually.

Kurse would ping as evil, allowing Link to use the light arrows effectively against him, and making Kurse's greater physical durability when compared to Thor a moot point, because the Master Sword would smite the dickens out of him. On top of this, Kurse had none of Thor's exotic powers.

Thor can fly, and has lightning, weather manipulation, and is good aligned, so will not be as vulnerable to Link's evil-destroying weaponry.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2016 08:17 AM
Henry_Pym
Ultron Bound

Originally posted by NotAllThatEvil
I don't think i've seen an argument for MCU Thor yet.
ok i guess i will.

His best striking feat is the city buster (vaporized 90%) in AoU, or the Tank shockwave buster (same).

His versatility is fairly impressive, his Tornado vs the Destroyer which forced it into the air and free floating where his flight would grant him a large advantage.

His lightning which can function as either a single intense beam (Thorbig grinW) or a huge AoE (avengers 1) capeable of covering nearly a city block in "no go"

Mjoinir itself, its speed is atleast Mach 1 (shockwaves that destroyed glass on skyscrapers)((Tbig grinW)) or in the same movie it being in the outer atmospere within a few moments and leaving a burning trail.

Mjoinir techs: him spinning it close to the ground to kick up baseball size debris at a very quick rate (Thor 1), obviously the throw/callback of mjoinir if link isnt ready for it and finally the worthiness enchantment as a pin.

Small techs: torrential rains (Tbig grinW), lightning storms & thunder (Avengers 1) & a lightning aura (AoU)

Old Post Jan 29th, 2016 04:56 PM
Henry_Pym is currently offline Click here to Send Henry_Pym a Private Message Find more posts by Henry_Pym Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Originally posted by Henry_Pym
ok i guess i will.

His best striking feat is the city buster (vaporized 90%) in AoU,

Context, that level of destruction happened because they'd been dicking about with the engine levitating the island, and when he struck it the mechanism failed catastrophically, as well as being made of vibranium, which amplified the shockwave massively.

quote:
or the Tank shockwave buster (same).

I can't actually remember this, can you be more specific?

His best striking feat to my mind is destroying the rainbow bridge.

Regardless, he'd have to hit Link through his superior combat speed, and indestructible Hylian shield.

quote:
His versatility is fairly impressive, his Tornado vs the Destroyer which forced it into the air and free floating where his flight would grant him a large advantage.

Link has counters to this in the forms of the iron boots, longshot, fire arrows (they can end storms), giants mask, and Goron's mask. It also takes a bit of time for Thor to get it going.

quote:
His lightning which can function as either a single intense beam (Thorbig grinW) or a huge AoE (avengers 1) capeable of covering nearly a city block in "no go"

Thor's lightning is probably the most dangerous thing he has available. Link's dealt with it before, though, and proven quick enough to play tennis with it against Ganondorf. On top of this, the Master Sword has completely absorbed lightning from Demise's pocket dimension to electrify itself.

quote:
Mjoinir itself, its speed is atleast Mach 1 (shockwaves that destroyed glass on skyscrapers)((Tbig grinW)) or in the same movie it being in the outer atmospere within a few moments and leaving a burning trail.

Mach 1 is lowballing its travel speed, but unlike comic mjolnir it's not going to be so fast that Link can't react to it.

quote:
Mjoinir techs: him spinning it close to the ground to kick up baseball size debris at a very quick rate (Thor 1), obviously the throw/callback of mjoinir if link isnt ready for it and finally the worthiness enchantment as a pin.

Most of these aren't going to be worth much. I also like to think that should a cross-over ever have happened Link might've been able to lift mjolnir. Their similarities and the like are pretty neat.

Disregarding that, the Master Sword's ability to dispel magic would probably free Link from a pin anyway, should Thor have somehow achieved it.

quote:
Small techs: torrential rains (Tbig grinW), lightning storms & thunder (Avengers 1) & a lightning aura (AoU)

At least the battle would be cinematic.

But yeah, to me it seems that OoT Link has a counter to everything movie Thor can do.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2016 06:31 PM
Henry_Pym
Ultron Bound

Vibranium absorbs energy, not magnify it... Also we see the vibranium rod/engine and the remaining debris. Most of it isnt even dust.

Sure, it in the opening scene Thor smashes Cap's shield and it creates a shockwave that drops a bunch of hydra goons, splits the ground and destroys a tank.

The Destroyer is pretty heavy, and Thor levitated it.

If i stop being lazy ill calc the speed.
///
Just so i understand what gear does this Link have on? I'm cool with a composite version but he obviously cant have on redundant clothing (multiple same article)

Old Post Jan 29th, 2016 06:48 PM
Henry_Pym is currently offline Click here to Send Henry_Pym a Private Message Find more posts by Henry_Pym Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Vibranium absorbs energy, not magnify it...

Not in the movie verse:

quote:
Sure, it in the opening scene Thor smashes Cap's shield and it creates a shockwave that drops a bunch of hydra goons, splits the ground and destroys a tank.
This shows them actively using this property of Cap's shield.

Also, this I remember, I thought you meant he'd destroyed another town or something.

quote:
The Destroyer is pretty heavy, and Thor levitated it.

The iron boots weigh something like 60 tons a piece or something, based on TP.

quote:
If i stop being lazy ill calc the speed.
///
Just so i understand what gear does this Link have on? I'm cool with a composite version but he obviously cant have on redundant clothing (multiple same article)

This would just be the Hero of Time. His choice of clothing wouldn't really matter for this fight, though. The iron boots would certainly keep him grounded if he chose to wear them, but realistically I don't see Thor having the time to build up a storm that powerful anyway because Link's going to be firing arrows and the like at him while he flies.

As for what he'd have available that'd be relevant:

He'd have
The Master Sword.
The Hylian Shield.
Goron Tunic if he chose to wear it.
Iron Boots if he chose to wear them.
His bow with magic fire/ice/light arrows.
Bombs.
The megaton hammer.
His transformation masks.
His magic spells, Farore's Wind, Nayru's Love, and Din's Fire.
Longshot.
Ocarina.
Deku nuts.
Golden Gauntlets.
Potions and Milk of Infinite Magic™.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2016 08:59 PM
Henry_Pym
Ultron Bound

The Movieverse Cap has a vibranium shield, hes definitely absorbing force. It disapates it but i dont know your evidence that its amping him

Assuming we arent giving link a pause funtion, Thor should kill him while he swaps shoes or puts on a mask. Also the Iron Boots hinder Link heavily. Are you arguing from the Sif scene from DW? An arrow bounced off Thor right before Sif "saved" him from the other arrow. Loki also had a bullet bounce off his face and no sold it. Thor > Loki in defence.

Also where are go getting a weight from? The Wiki says the boots are 4-5 times heavyier than Links body weight...

Old Post Jan 30th, 2016 10:42 PM
CosmicComet

When did Loki have a bullet bounce off his face?

Old Post Jan 30th, 2016 10:49 PM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Henry_Pym
Ultron Bound

In the open scene of Avengers

About 1:13 in

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PngzUEsOZZI

Edit: looks like neck to me

Last edited by Henry_Pym on Jan 30th, 2016 at 10:59 PM

Old Post Jan 30th, 2016 10:51 PM
CosmicComet

I remember it bouncing off his chest piece/armor.

I also remember Thor rolling away to safety when that jet started opening machine gun fire on Hulk.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2016 10:54 PM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Henry_Pym
Ultron Bound

I run inside when it rains...

Rain wont kill me

Old Post Jan 30th, 2016 10:58 PM
CosmicComet

Except, the bullets were hurting Hulk, who was shown to be far superior to Thor in the physical department.

Thor was doing so for safety, not for the sake of sparing his princely clothes.

Also, that looks like the bullet hit near Loki's shoulders, not neck.

Eitherway, it definitely penetrated, it didn't bounce off him the way the shots to his chest piece did.

Anyway, not really important. Link definitely beats Movie Thor.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2016 11:22 PM
Henry_Pym
Ultron Bound

Based on the sucker punch?

Old Post Jan 31st, 2016 05:15 AM
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

The Movieverse Cap has a vibranium shield,
My point exactly, they knowingly use his shield to create AoE's from Thor's strikes.

They discovered they could do this in The Avengers when their clash sent everyone except Cap flying and knocked down a bunch of trees, and used it again in AoU. The destruction of the town was because of the vibranium core which was levitating it in the first place, and the release of the energy due to the catastrophic failure of the device.

quote:
Assuming we arent giving link a pause funtion, Thor should kill him while he swaps shoes or puts on a mask.
Link doesn't need to change his shoes, and putting on a mask isn't very time consuming. He doesn't need any masks, either, though.

quote:
Also the Iron Boots hinder Link heavily.

How much they hinder him is debatable, he walks more slowly when you wear them but he can certainly still backflip, jump around, and climb. He doesn't need them, either, though.

quote:
Are you arguing from the Sif scene from DW? An arrow bounced off Thor right before Sif "saved" him from the other arrow. Loki also had a bullet bounce off his face and no sold it. Thor > Loki in defence.
And Link's arrows >>>>>> Bullets.

They can pierce incredibly durable magically enhanced stone, and penetrate the walls of tornadoes made by actual gods of tornadoes.

quote:
Also where are go getting a weight from? The Wiki says the boots are 4-5 times heavyier than Links body weight...
They iron boots make TP Link heavier than Dangoro by enough to shift the giant stone platform they fight on.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2016 05:44 AM
Henry_Pym
Ultron Bound

Originally posted by ScreamPaste
My point exactly, they knowingly use his shield to create AoE's from Thor's strikes.

They discovered they could do this in The Avengers when their clash sent everyone except Cap flying and knocked down a bunch of trees, and used it again in AoU. The destruction of the town was because of the vibranium core which was levitating it in the first place, and the release of the energy due to the catastrophic failure of the device.

Link doesn't need to change his shoes, and putting on a mask isn't very time consuming. He doesn't need any masks, either, though.

How much they hinder him is debatable, he walks more slowly when you wear them but he can certainly still backflip, jump around, and climb. He doesn't need them, either, though.

And Link's arrows >>>>>> Bullets.

They can pierce incredibly durable magically enhanced stone, and penetrate the walls of tornadoes made by actual gods of tornadoes.

They iron boots make TP Link heavier than Dangoro by enough to shift the giant stone platform they fight on.
I agree it reverberates off it, i just dont agree it adds energy to the attack. I hope that cleared up my arguement. The core didnt explode so what happened to 90 percent of the island? The debris was small enough to fly around and covered less distance than the city.

He will if he wants to change armor loadouts, and the mask have a whole animation. Link is walking like the boots are a major hinderance to him speed wise.

The arrow from DW that bounced off thor pieced asgardian armor, the same armor that was shown to be completely bulletproof. Hell Loki's armor also tanked the destroyer gun.

The Dangoro looks smaller than an elephant, like roughly half the size. 3.5 tons maybe (average elephant 6.8 tons)

Oh and the Mjoinir speed calc follows as such: an average Rocket travels at about 5 miles per second and takes about 8 minutes to reach the outer atmosphere. Mjoinir made that in moments. Lowballing for the sake of math (8seconds) puts it at 300 miles per second or mach 1500~.

Last edited by Henry_Pym on Jan 31st, 2016 at 05:26 PM

Old Post Jan 31st, 2016 05:16 PM