KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Superman:SIEGE

Superman:SIEGE
Started by: LordofBrooklyn

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (23): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Thx scot. Makes sense but by our very nature we want to know y u know

Old Post Jan 25th, 2016 09:22 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One_Angry_Scot
----

quote: (post)
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
It was quite obvious.

Thor, even amped by the Norn Stones, is a weakling compared to Voided out Full Giant Crab Mode Sentry. He would've gotten one-shot killed if Bob hadn't co-operated.

thumb up

Nobody defeats the evil crab man without his authority.

Also worth mentioning that that amp was so powerful that it allowed even Captain America to pierce the Voids hide. Imagine how powerful Thor was then.

Last edited by One_Angry_Scot on Jan 25th, 2016 at 09:28 PM

Old Post Jan 25th, 2016 09:23 PM
One_Angry_Scot is currently offline Click here to Send One_Angry_Scot a Private Message Find more posts by One_Angry_Scot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Sin I AM
Deep.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jan 25th, 2016 09:23 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One_Angry_Scot
----

Originally posted by Sin I AM

No problem Sin.

May I ask what you mean by your 2nd sentence (me having a problem again understanding sentences). Do you mean you yourself just wanted to know why he did it?

Old Post Jan 25th, 2016 09:24 PM
One_Angry_Scot is currently offline Click here to Send One_Angry_Scot a Private Message Find more posts by One_Angry_Scot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

Originally posted by tkitna
Oh God, I was waiting for this one. So Superman is durable enough to take a full swing from Ares axe with damage so minimal that he would just keep on trucking?

This is why I hate Superman threads. Its a joke.

If you don't like canon, complain with the writers, that way ---------------->

Thank You Prof. T.C McAbe, You are Superman!

Old Post Jan 25th, 2016 09:43 PM
Rao Kal El is currently offline Click here to Send Rao Kal El a Private Message Find more posts by Rao Kal El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot
No problem Sin.

May I ask what you mean by your 2nd sentence (me having a problem again understanding sentences). Do you mean you yourself just wanted to know why he did it?

Yea basically. I know writers hate breaking down plot points but i just wanted to know

Old Post Jan 25th, 2016 09:46 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

Originally posted by Rao Kal El
If you don't like canon, complain with the writers, that way ---------------->

What were the circumstances in the arc, or how did he survive getting impaled in the chest by a magical sword? I'm just curious.

By Stoic

Old Post Jan 25th, 2016 09:48 PM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

What were the circumstances in the arc, or how did he survive getting impaled in the chest by a magical sword? I'm just curious.

Don't remember the plot but it was Man of steel 126 you can google it.

And is not the same instance Sin is referring to.

Last edited by Rao Kal El on Jan 25th, 2016 at 10:06 PM

Old Post Jan 25th, 2016 10:02 PM
Rao Kal El is currently offline Click here to Send Rao Kal El a Private Message Find more posts by Rao Kal El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Mind controlled clark had the edge over heman...he man ran him thru with his sword.

Meh..but the art was ok

Old Post Jan 25th, 2016 10:04 PM
LordofBrooklyn

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Diamondback takes Supes out.

HANG YOURSELF, YOU RANCID, WHORE!!!

Old Post Jan 25th, 2016 10:11 PM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

Originally posted by Rao Kal El
Don't remember the plot but it was Man of steel 126 you can google it.

And is not the same instance Sin is referring to.

I read the plot and overview and couldnt find anything about him getting stabbed in the chest (127 mentions he took a weapon to the chest that weakened him}. Regardless, I imagine if it was a magical sword then it really wasnt a physical injury anyways. Whatever. Still dont believe he can survive that altercation with Ares if played out the same way.

By Stoic

Old Post Jan 25th, 2016 10:19 PM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn

I read the plot and overview and couldnt find anything about him getting stabbed in the chest (127 mentions he took a weapon to the chest that weakened him}. Regardless, I imagine if it was a magical sword then it really wasnt a physical injury anyways. Whatever. Still dont believe he can survive that altercation with Ares if played out the same way.

Superman's canon says he CRUSHES Ares.

His depictions against magic support this fully.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2016 10:21 PM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
Superman's canon says he CRUSHES Ares.

His depictions against magic support this fully.

Sure he crushes Ares in any normal altercation, but with the stipulations of this thread, Superman takes an axe swing to the side of the body. I cant see him surviving that and I have had no proof so far that proves otherwise except a statement that he survived being stabbed in the chest by a 'magical' sword. I dont have any scans, but I highly doubt that is legitimate proof in accordance to what we're talking about.

By Stoic

Old Post Jan 25th, 2016 10:28 PM
Insane Titan

Oh God, I was waiting for this one. So Superman is durable enough to take a full swing from Ares axe with damage so minimal that he would just keep on trucking?

This is why I hate Superman threads. Its a joke.
that's why superman fans are the worst fanboys around, just like at the answers and reasons the give. Come to think of it look at the posters on here who give him the win every thread.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2016 10:29 PM
Insane Titan is currently offline Click here to Send Insane Titan a Private Message Find more posts by Insane Titan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

Here are the scans
(please log in to view the image)

Besides this one, there is also him getting stabbed in the chest with a Kryptonite sword in absolute power arc, he was fine in the very next panel Iirc and Byrne's superman getting cleaved in the arm by the brother of silver banshee with the magical clan's axe, silver banshee's brother displayed some degree of super strength, it didn't chop the arm but it pierced his skin, but by comparison the same axe was used to chop the horns of the demon blaze.

Last edited by Rao Kal El on Jan 25th, 2016 at 10:42 PM

Old Post Jan 25th, 2016 10:34 PM
tkitna

Those scans verified just what I thought, they were magical in their make up and left no physical evidence what so ever. Superman even states the sword felt cold to his soul. Thats the equivalent of being blasted by an energy beam or even Ghost Riders hellfire would be a good example. No physical wound at all.

Maybe you think Superman is incapable of physical wounds or harm, i'm not sure, but I would think if he got stabbed in the chest with an actual, physical weapon, he's going to bleed and be hurt. He sure bled a bunch when Doomsday was beating the crap out of him.

Thanks for the scans by the way.

By Stoic

Old Post Jan 25th, 2016 10:49 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot
even Captain America

Cap, with no amps, has many ridiculous striking feats.

Vs. Wonder Man, vs. the Hulk, vs. Ultimus, vs. Master Man (one or two-shot and that guy fought Namor off-panel) and many others.

He did break standard Void's constructs, too.

I see what you're saying of course, but let's be serious for a second. Thor is beneath Captain Rogers.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2016 11:11 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
HANG YOURSELF, YOU RANCID, WHORE!!!

I would watch your mouth you hillbilly whore. He was one of the great people on this board that threw you out of the house of el, and now you stuck in the house of smell.

In order for any life to matter, we all have to matter

Old Post Jan 25th, 2016 11:13 PM
Time-Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time-Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time-Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Guys, stay on topic, or don't post. It's that simple.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 25th, 2016 11:25 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

Those scans verified just what I thought, they were magical in their make up and left no physical evidence what so ever. Superman even states the sword felt cold to his soul. Thats the equivalent of being blasted by an energy beam or even Ghost Riders hellfire would be a good example. No physical wound at all.

Maybe you think Superman is incapable of physical wounds or harm, i'm not sure, but I would think if he got stabbed in the chest with an actual, physical weapon, he's going to bleed and be hurt. He sure bled a bunch when Doomsday was beating the crap out of him.

Thanks for the scans by the way.

Magic is a SPECIFIC vulnerability for him and no I don't think you can't harm Superman but it will take more than Ares attack to take him down. There is also the other examples I mentioned and I forgot the one in which he battles a guy with an axe that pierces reality. And for what I have read Superman's skin seems harder to pierce than Sentry's. (At least Dark Avengers Sentry)

As for Doomsday, Doomsday made him bleed but DOS Doomsday is leaps and bounds ahead of Ares.

Last edited by Rao Kal El on Jan 25th, 2016 at 11:39 PM

Old Post Jan 25th, 2016 11:29 PM