KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Anakin and the prophesy of the chosen one and TFA kylo ren

Anakin and the prophesy of the chosen one and TFA kylo ren
Started by: redpill

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
redpill

Worried Anakin and the prophesy of the chosen one and TFA kylo ren

roll eyes (sarcastic) confused if anakin is the chosen one who was to bring balance to the force roll eyes (sarcastic) confused how do you explain the events in tfa? roll eyes (sarcastic) confused specifically his grandson kylo killing all of luke's students, and paving the way for the rise of snoke. if anakin brought balance to the force, whence cometh snoke and kylo ren roll eyes (sarcastic) confused

Old Post Jan 26th, 2016 04:59 AM
Click here to Send redpill a Private Message Find more posts by redpill Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

That's because TFA has an anti-Star Wars plot and cheapens the original trilogy.

**** Lucas.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Jan 26th, 2016 08:03 AM
Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

'Balance to the Force' doesn't mean "There will never be any bad guys ever again."

In any case, the backstory is far from finished as of yet, so wait out the other films to get the background.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jan 26th, 2016 08:32 AM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

He brought balance 30 years before. Now we need someone else.

The whole prophecy thing was stupid anyway. We still don't know what the prophecy says exactly or where it's from. The TFA makers based themselves on the OT and moved from there.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2016 08:32 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by queeq
The TFA makers based themselves on the OT and moved from there.

And yet in the first lines of TFA they brought up the whole balance to the force issue again. That wasn't in the OT.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2016 11:24 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

So? It's not like they totally ignore the PT. But they do stay away from it.

And from Lucas' point of view: balance=light. And without Jedi who will guard the light. It makes sense from a simple POV.

It's not like they start counting Rey's midichlorians.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2016 02:53 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

So they've clearly acknowledged the PT canon, just taken most their inspiration from the OT is all.

No need to have another dig at midi-chlorians mad

Old Post Jan 26th, 2016 02:59 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Of course the PT is canon. Who ever denied that?

Old Post Jan 26th, 2016 04:43 PM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

He brought balance to the Force. Now it's out of balance again. What's so difficult to understand about that?

Old Post Jan 26th, 2016 10:20 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
redpill

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
He brought balance to the Force. Now it's out of balance again. What's so difficult to understand about that?
did he now? where was snoke when this so called balanced occured?

Old Post Jan 27th, 2016 02:07 AM
Click here to Send redpill a Private Message Find more posts by redpill Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by redpill

He was [SPOILER - highlight to read]: a store cleric.

Edit: sh_t I forgot the spoiler tags, fixed now.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Jan 27th, 2016 05:53 AM
Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Originally posted by redpill

Who knows?

What we do know is Anakin brought balance to the Force, whatever exactly that means.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2016 05:57 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Originally posted by queeq
Of course the PT is canon. Who ever denied that?
I think his point is is that they are not pretending PT concepts don't exist, or somehow shying away from them as you are suggesting. The idea of prophecy through bringing balance to the Force for example has been acknowledged.

Really, the only reason the PT doesn't feature at all heavily in TFA is because it's not relevant, and they wanted to recreate the feel of the OT.

Last edited by Beniboybling on Jan 27th, 2016 at 10:50 AM

Old Post Jan 27th, 2016 10:46 AM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

From my POV, life tends to be in a constant state of flux. Balance doesn't mean static. I see Anakin as a major "correction" of the force. From the way I saw it, too much control and order created a state of apathy/indiferrence prone to greed, pride and corruption which needed to be reset. Anakin reset it and now, as with life, natural forces start to pull from every direction. I might be way off but that's at least how I see it.

Did Lucas actually acknowledge in-canon that light=balance. Shouldn't "balance" actually be equal weight between light and dark?

Old Post Jan 27th, 2016 11:13 AM
Click here to Send Nibedicus a Private Message Find more posts by Nibedicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Originally posted by Nibedicus
Did Lucas actually acknowledge in-canon that light=balance. Shouldn't "balance" actually be equal weight between light and dark?
He's said balance = light and dark in equal measure several times tbh. And that's how its made out in TCW.

However it appears to be a controversial topic, with differing opinions.

Last edited by Beniboybling on Jan 27th, 2016 at 11:26 AM

Old Post Jan 27th, 2016 11:19 AM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Originally posted by Nibedicus
From my POV, life tends to be in a constant state of flux. Balance doesn't mean static. I see Anakin as a major "correction" of the force. From the way I saw it, too much control and order created a state of apathy/indiferrence prone to greed, pride and corruption which needed to be reset. Anakin reset it and now, as with life, natural forces start to pull from every direction. I might be way off but that's at least how I see it.

No, the imbalance was caused by the Sith. Anakin didn't reset anything- he destroyed the evil power that was causing the imbalance.

But that's not to say there cannot be more such treats to come later. We'll need to see more of Snoke's backstory before we can really answer this one.

Without the Jedi, there is no balance. They are the ones that strive for Balance in all things.

Besides which, we have the very simple thing that evil is undesirable. All of Star Wars is about good guys fighting bad guys. TFA makes that pretty clear.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Jan 27th, 2016 at 06:21 PM

Old Post Jan 27th, 2016 03:36 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Bentley
That's because TFA has an anti-Star Wars plot and cheapens the original trilogy.

**** Lucas.
How does bringing balance to the force mean forever and ever ?

Old Post Jan 27th, 2016 03:41 PM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Beniboybling
I think his point is is that they are not pretending PT concepts don't exist, or somehow shying away from them as you are suggesting. The idea of prophecy through bringing balance to the Force for example has been acknowledged.

Really, the only reason the PT doesn't feature at all heavily in TFA is because it's not relevant, and they wanted to recreate the feel of the OT.

Yeah exactly. We just need to Look at Rebels being almost a sequel series to TCW to know Disney isn't running scared from the Prequel era.

Of course TFA itself was a homage to ANH and not TPM. But that's just the route Abrams decided to take for this particular film IMO. Doesn't mean Disney's running from the Prequels, hence the Prequel references.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2016 04:36 PM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

I would also think the fact that they considered Hayden making an appearance in TFA, and still might in Episode 8 is pretty telling as well.

Its obvious they've taken the criticisms of the PT onboard, but honestly bar midi-chlorians I can't think of any concepts the trilogy introduced that where particular poorly received by the fandom, there is no reason they'd avoid referring to them.

I mean TCW is among the most successful and critically acclaimed content the franchise has produced, and it's entirely grounded in the PT, there is nothing to be afraid of here.

Last edited by Beniboybling on Jan 27th, 2016 at 06:07 PM

Old Post Jan 27th, 2016 06:05 PM
redpill

so if anakin said kylo ren can achieve more power by bringing balance to the force by embracing the light and destroying snoke what will kyo do

Old Post Jan 27th, 2016 07:15 PM