KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Lucifer

Lucifer
Started by: Dreampanther

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
riv6672

She looks intrigued.

If i wanted my own comeback, iíd wipe your momís chin!

Old Post Dec 15th, 2017 05:28 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

This week's episode was the Best. Episode. Ever.

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2018 02:00 PM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jane21august

I am a big Fan of Lucifer show and their medical examiner is so cute same as detective daughter.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2018 05:12 AM
jane21august is currently offline Click here to Send jane21august a Private Message Find more posts by jane21august Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Professional

I just started watching this and I like it enough to keep watching.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2018 08:57 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Watched it a few times. Got some hot babes on it, but other then that... It is just another Late Night TV Soap Opera.

Been there. Seen it Before. Didn't like it then... same feelings now.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2018 06:22 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jane21august
I am a big Fan of Lucifer show and their medical examiner is so cute same as detective daughter.

In completely different ways, right?!? confused

Old Post Jun 16th, 2018 06:35 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

And lo, you can NOT keep a good devil down!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/deadli...1202411666/amp/

Picked up for a fourth season by Netflix.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2018 06:37 PM
NewGuy01
perpetual

Neat.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2018 04:14 AM
NewGuy01 is currently offline Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Professional

It's a good show, but absolutely nothing like the comic book.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2018 07:29 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Astral Shaman

Originally posted by Impediment
It's a good show, but absolutely nothing like the comic book.

True, but I doubt any show could successfully adapt the comic.

I do wish the tv version was a bit more powerful.

"Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners"-George Carlin

Old Post Jun 17th, 2018 08:12 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Professional

If Lucifer can be saved from cancellation, the I want to see Hellblazer/Constantine saved, too.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2018 08:40 PM
Darth Thor

^ There was a strong enough fan base there for Lucifer.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2018 10:42 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Lucifer got a fair shot though. Constantine didn't. Lucifer got an absolute prime slot, and then 2 full seasons to build up a proper fanbase. Constantine was stuck in a shitty, awkward, late-night slot, then shifted to another shitty, awkward, late-night slot IIRC, and then cancelled before half the first season was finished.

But eh, a live-action Constantine solo series (at least a Matt Ryan version) is not on the cards any time soon. Between the animated stuff and Legends S4, he's going to get plenty of screen time as it is.

Last edited by TheVaultDweller on Jun 18th, 2018 at 02:35 AM

Old Post Jun 18th, 2018 02:33 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by Impediment
If Lucifer can be saved from cancellation, the I want to see Hellblazer/Constantine saved, too.

Well, they did the animated Constantine: City of Demons thing, but those episodes are laughably short (literally only a few minutes a piece). It's basically one episode of a normal show broken into fragments.

One surprising upside though is that, if anything, they are more willing to indulge the gore, violence (and even some swearing) compared to the live-action CW stuff. They even threw Nightmare Nurse in there.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2018 02:38 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Lucifer got a fair shot though. Constantine didn't. Lucifer got an absolute prime slot, and then 2 full seasons to build up a proper fanbase. Constantine was stuck in a shitty, awkward, late-night slot, then shifted to another shitty, awkward, late-night slot IIRC, and then cancelled before half the first season was finished.

But eh, a live-action Constantine solo series (at least a Matt Ryan version) is not on the cards any time soon. Between the animated stuff and Legends S4, he's going to get plenty of screen time as it is.

That may the reason. But just stating that whatever the reason, fact is it didnt garner the fanbase to justify saving it.

But yeah like you said, at least the Arrowverse continues to use the character. I think thats the most we can expect. Certainly better than what most cancelled shows get. And Constantine himself was the best part of the show any how (much like Lucifer tbh).

Old Post Jun 18th, 2018 12:00 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by Darth Thor
That may the reason. But just stating that whatever the reason, fact is it didnt garner the fanbase to justify saving it.

But yeah like you said, at least the Arrowverse continues to use the character. I think thats the most we can expect. Certainly better than what most cancelled shows get. And Constantine himself was the best part of the show any how (much like Lucifer tbh).

I liked Manny as well. Didn't really care for that show's interpretation of Chas and Zed though. But, based on the CW animated stuff, which is all the same character as we get on Arrow/Flash/Legends/his own show (seeing as they carried certain plot lines over from the series), they've retconned Chas somewhat. Because, IIRC, they do that same sick daughter plot in the show, but with Faust, and Chas was American there as well.

Last edited by TheVaultDweller on Jun 18th, 2018 at 03:57 PM

Old Post Jun 18th, 2018 03:54 PM