KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Vader in Rogue One

Vader in Rogue One
Started by: Rebel95

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (21): « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

i'm happy that GL canon doesn't matter anymore. the more he attempted to clarified things, the more confusing it became.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2016 10:42 PM
Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Lucas's vision was always separate and independent to Legends. It's still Lucas's commentary on the "Canon" Episodes 1-6. Also you can bet the sale contract for Star Wars was one big ass document about what they can and can't do.

For example, it's the edited version of the films which are canon. Disney can't change it back to the original versions.

It was Lucas who brought Maul back. Try to listen please.

Right, but Legends still had to work with that vision.

So Maul in Legends is dead.

Canon he's alive. So it's just a retcon.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2016 10:58 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

It was Lucas who brought Maul back. Try to listen please.

I heard you....

I've asked you for a reference to where that's coming from, in which you did not provide.

Try to listen, please

Old Post Nov 17th, 2016 11:01 PM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Darth Thor is online now!

Originally posted by Zenwolf

Canon he's alive. So it's just a retcon.

Yeah but Lucas was the one who said he was dead. The Lucas was the one who retconned that. That's my point. And that His words and interpretation of the Saga will never simply be thrown out of the window.

Hence [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Kyber crystals powering the Death Star in Rogue One.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2016 11:01 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

Here's the original interview with Lucas

http://www.empireonline.com/movies/...1999-interview/

Lucas part

"At one point, when Obi-Wan kills Darth Maul, he just fell in the pit. I looked at it and thought this isn't going to work because, if people like him enough, they're going to want him to come back and they're going to assume somehow he gets out of it. So I had to cut him in half to say that this guy's gone, he's history, he ain't coming back. I'll come up with another apprentice. The whole issue of having apprentices, poor Darth Sidious trying to replenish his apprentice supply, is one of the main plot points."

Lucas should have cut him in pieces, so Maul would definitely not come back....

Fan's probably put pressure on Lucas to approve Filoni's work by using Maul.....

Old Post Nov 18th, 2016 12:12 AM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rebel95

I like that they brought him back, but I don't like how they've changed his character. He was so badass and mysterious in TPM, now he's just a failure with a lot of bad showings.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2016 12:26 AM
Click here to Send Rebel95 a Private Message Find more posts by Rebel95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Yet you're glad that they brought him back? Hmm...anyway me thinks this is treading off topic here.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2016 12:33 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by JediRobin23

Fan's probably put pressure on Lucas to approve Filoni's work by using Maul.....

No, it was Lucas who wanted to bring him back.

He simply changed his mind about Maul returning after the Prequels were finished. The point of him being cut in half was so no one gets their hopes up about him returning in the next two films. But with the animation they have many episodes to flesh out his return.

Originally posted by Rebel95
I like that they brought him back, but I don't like how they've changed his character. He was so badass and mysterious in TPM, now he's just a failure with a lot of bad showings.

Well that was the issue with bringing him back was that he HAD TO Continue Losing.

Because we Know Palpatine doesn't take him back as an apprentice, and we Know he's not going to overthrow Palpatine either, nor are there any other Sith Lords even in the picture later on. And we Know he's not going to get his revenge by killing Obi-Wan.

As for his Return though, I really like what Witwer brought to his character, and how they fleshed Maul out.

Now keeping him around for Rebels was probably a mistake as all he can do is continue to lose.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2016 02:11 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Rebel95
No, he isn't and secondly this is just your opinion. Maul has had fantastic showings since his rebirth so please stop with the nonsense.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2016 02:38 PM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by quanchi112
No, he isn't and secondly this is just your opinion.
No shit, dumbass.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2016 06:25 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

No, it was Lucas who wanted to bring him back.

laughing

Old Post Nov 18th, 2016 07:05 PM
queeq
Chaos

He simply changed his mind

Yup, that's Lucas for ya... changing his mind... like ALL the time.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2016 02:04 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

Originally posted by queeq
Yup, that's Lucas for ya... changing his mind... like ALL the time.

And Disney won't?...

Old Post Nov 20th, 2016 06:23 AM
Darth Thor

laughing out loud

No Lucas was evil. Disney is Angelic. Get with the program.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2016 10:35 AM
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

You mean the white slaver program?.....

Old Post Nov 20th, 2016 04:46 PM
Rebel95

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
No shit, dumbass.

Lol

Old Post Nov 20th, 2016 06:45 PM
Click here to Send Rebel95 a Private Message Find more posts by Rebel95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

You mean the white slaver program?.....

Evil Lucas can make all the lies and false accusations he wants. Fact is the only White Disney is, is Angelic White. They can do no wrong.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2016 07:50 PM
queeq
Chaos

And Disney won't?...

Maybe. We need to wait and see.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2016 09:24 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
No shit, dumbass.
He is wrong and has since evacuated his position, emotional guy.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2016 05:43 AM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

RICH emotional guy.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2016 09:51 AM