KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Current Superman and Thor vs Runner...

Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Current Superman and Thor wins... 5 31.25%
Runner wins... 11 68.75%
Total: 16 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Current Superman and Thor vs Runner...
Started by: TheLordofMurder

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
1) Beating up Thanos (while Thanos had 3 Gems to Runners 1); true he had the Space Gem, but he never used it during the beating (no teleportation occured [according to Thanos, Runner would sometimes use the Gem subconsciously to teleport; according to Thanos, the Gem did NOT make Runner faster]; Runner was owning Thanos with nothing but his own natural speed and combat agility)...
It's worth noting that Thanos didn't even attempt to fight back(offensively or defensively.) He just sat there and allowed Runner to attack him.

Had Thanos actually been fighting back, Runner's showing would be a lot more impressive.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2016 03:54 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheLordofMurder

Originally posted by Galan007
It's worth noting that Thanos didn't even attempt to fight back(offensively or defensively.) He just sat there and allowed Runner to attack him.

Had Thanos actually been fighting back, Runner's showing would be a lot more impressive.

Oh that's not true...

Thanos attempted to blast Runner and was punished for the attempt...

It was then that Runner threatened to beat Thanos into grape jelly if he didn't talk...Thanos choose to talk.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2016 04:11 PM
TheLordofMurder is currently offline Click here to Send TheLordofMurder a Private Message Find more posts by TheLordofMurder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Oh that's not true...

It was then that Runner threatened to beat Thanos into grape jelly if he didn't talk...Thanos choose to talk.

Thank you. He blitzed the everloving sh|t out of Thanos and had him there helpless till Thanos asked him to stop and hear him out.

Then how does Thanos beat him? By using the Time Gem to age him to the point of being helpless. Some win.

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2016 04:19 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Oh that's not true...

That's true. I forgot about the eye-beam. thumb up

But still, that's all he attempted. No other blasts. No physicality. No shields. Nothing else. All that tells us is that Runner is fast enough to avoid Thanos' eye-beams. It doesn't tell us where Runner's personal power stands in comparison to that of Thanos. I'm essentially saying that if Runner would have straight up overpowered Thanos(like he did to Surfer), said showing would have been FAR more impressive... Which is true whether you like it or not.

...Though I suppose if Starlin had allowed Thanos to utilize abilities like shielding, Runner's 'awe-factor' would have dropped significantly, given that all of his attacks would have been completely ineffectual. /shrug

Last edited by Galan007 on Feb 2nd, 2016 at 04:36 PM

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2016 04:22 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

That's true. I forgot about the eye-beam. thumb up

But still, that's all he attempted. No other blasts. No physicality. No shields. Nothing else. All that tells us is that Runner is fast enough to avoid Thanos' eye-beams. It doesn't tell us where Runner's personal power stands in comparison to that of Thanos. I'm essentially saying that if Runner would have straight up overpowered Thanos(like he did to Surfer), said showing would have been FAR more impressive... Which is true whether you like it or not.

...Though I suppose if Starlin had allowed Thanos to utilize abilities like shielding, Runner's 'awe-factor' would have dropped significantly, given that all of his attacks would have been completely ineffectual. /shrug

Even Gamora can dodge Thanos' blasts.

Under Starlin to boot. Captain Mar-vell ran rings around him and actually wore him down untill he made a mistake.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2016 04:48 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

a.) That is pre-res Thanos, who was weaker than post-res Thanos. The latter is who I'm discussing.
b.) Pre-res Thanos still caught Marv and proceeded to one-shot him.
c.) I'm not saying Runner's showing vs. Thanos was unimpressive. I'm simply saying that if he would've straight up overpowered Thanos(like he did to Surfer), said showing would have been even more impressive... Which, again, is absolutely true.

d.) Is it possible for you not to lowball a character in every thread you participate in? Honest question, because I can't remember you doing so in recent years.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2016 04:55 PM
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Originally posted by abhilegend
Even Gamora can dodge Thanos' blasts.

Under Starlin to boot. Captain Mar-vell ran rings around him and actually wore him down untill he made a mistake.

That Captain Marvel showing is meaningless, since when Death rezzed Thanos to carryout his IG mission, she empowered him :

Runner took on a Thanos more powerful than the one Captain Marvel fought (who by the way was also rocking 2 or 3 Infinity Gems by the time he faced off vs Runner).

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2016 04:56 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

a.) That is pre-res Thanos, who was weaker than post-res Thanos. The latter is who I'm discussing.

Fine. Replace Marv with Gamora. Same result. And Thanos wasn't made faster than usual and given faster reflexes.

quote:

b.) Pre-res Thanos still caught Marv and proceeded to one-shot him.

Who made a mistake of flying too slow and too low as per narration.

Until then, he wore Thanos down with sheer speed.
quote:

c.) I'm not saying Runner's showing vs. Thanos was unimpressive. I'm simply saying that if he would've straight up overpowered Thanos(like he did to Surfer), said showing would have been even more impressive... Which, again, is absolutely true.

I'm not disagreement. I'm just saying, blitzing Thanos is not a big deal. Thanos isn't a speedster.

quote:

d.) Is it possible for you not to lowball a character in every thread you participate in? Honest question, because I can't remember you doing so in recent years.

I'm not lowballing anybody here. If you think so, you must've some showings where Thanos stopped a blitz from a legit speedster.

I'd be happy to concede in that case.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2016 05:45 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by zopzop
That Captain Marvel showing is meaningless, since when Death rezzed Thanos to carryout his IG mission, she empowered him :

You think I don't know that?
quote:

Runner took on a Thanos more powerful than the one Captain Marvel fought (who by the way was also rocking 2 or 3 Infinity Gems by the time he faced off vs Runner).

More powerful? Yes. Faster? Nope.

And he didn't use them. So it's moot anyway.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2016 05:47 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I'm not disagreement. I'm just saying, blitzing Thanos is not a big deal. Thanos isn't a speedster.
I never said otherwise, so I'm still not sure why you even posted those irrelevant Mar-Vell/Thanos scans, if not to lowball..?

I'm not lowballing anybody here. If you think so, you must've some showings where Thanos stopped a blitz from a legit speedster.

I'd be happy to concede in that case.
Anything brought up would just be downplayed anyway, so what's the point? Unlike most of the faction you debate with, I don't feel the need to argue just to get a word in these days. It's boring and tiresome.

Someone else may indulge your request, though. /shrug

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2016 05:57 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

I never said otherwise, so I'm still not sure why you even posted those irrelevant Mar-Vell/Thanos scans, if not to lowball..?

To show another character dodging the blasts and blitzing Thanos?
quote:

Anything brought up would just be downplayed anyway, so what's the point? Unlike most of the faction you debate with, I don't feel the need to argue just to get a word in these days. It's boring and tiresome.

Someone else may indulge your request, though. /shrug

Alright.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2016 06:03 PM
TheLordofMurder

Runner didn't even throw him anywhere. He let him go and surfer fell to the planet below.
Surfer merely said he fought to Runner. No mention of being superior.

And it wasn't said by Surfer that he was weakened.

1) Lol...fanboy fail...Surfer was clearly thrown; note Runner holding Surfers wrists, then the twisting of his body as he flings Surfer at the planet.

2) Your reading comprehension sucks."I summoned the Power Cosmic, but he was an Elder." Clearly Surfer was acknowledging the fact that Runner was superior to him...only in the world of a Superman fan would that not compute.

3) Thats right, Surfer NEVER claimed weakness....why is that!?? Any idea's? Maybe, just mayyyybe, because Surfer wss not weakened!

wink

Happy Dance

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2016 08:41 PM
TheLordofMurder is currently offline Click here to Send TheLordofMurder a Private Message Find more posts by TheLordofMurder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheLordofMurder

And he didn't use them. So it's moot anyway.

BS...

You get off on lying...dont you?

If he didn't use any of the Gems, how did he stop Runner?

Just answer that question so you can simultaneously confirm of truth of the matter and your status as one who willingly lies in debates about fictional characters...

wink

Happy Dance

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2016 08:50 PM
TheLordofMurder

Originally posted by zopzop
Thank you. He blitzed the everloving sh|t out of Thanos and had him there helpless till Thanos asked him to stop and hear him out.

Then how does Thanos beat him? By using the Time Gem to age him to the point of being helpless. Some win.

thumb up

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2016 08:58 PM
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

The argument for Runner not actually throwing Surfer to the planet actually looks better for Runner.
The throw or impact didn't do much to Surfer. What almost killed Surfer was Runner out powering Surfer in their contest of strength.
After that Surfers, limp almost lifeless body fell or was thrown to the nearby planet.

Good job Abhi thumb up

Based on Abhis contributions to the thread Runner should have no problem with these 2

Last edited by Inhuman on Feb 2nd, 2016 at 09:14 PM

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2016 09:01 PM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

To be honest, without the space gem Runner would have still been able to blitz Thanos. We don't know how much Thanos would have been affected, unless we go by the writer's intentions (Thanos would have indeed lost due to him resorting to using the time gem instead of beating him straight up). The writer's intentions are clear. So runner is indeed formidable.

This would be a good fight I think. Could go either way.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2016 11:27 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

I like how everyone is acting like Runner was beating the piss out of Thanos, but all he did was tear apart a chair and get owned by a gem. lol.

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2016 12:12 AM
Juntai is online now! Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Yeah, that's the elephant in the room.

Thanos sustained absolutely no injuries to his person from Runner's blitz. Aside from making a few empty boasts/threats to that effect, Runner just targeted/destroyed Thanos' chair with his blitz. Truth is, we don't know what would have actually happened had Runner physically assaulted Thanos--he may have owned him just the same, or he may not have been able to cause any lasting damage.

Of course the Runner brigade is bound to disagree, but truth is truth. /shrug

Last edited by Galan007 on Feb 3rd, 2016 at 12:29 AM

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2016 12:26 AM
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Thanos was also clearly and purposely playing helpless to get his way, which he got. As right after that, he has no problems standing up and walking on empty space as he insults his intelligence and overconfidence.

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2016 12:30 AM
Juntai is online now! Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

It is true, but keep in mind that his chair was also a creation of Death's IIRC. It seems like a far-fetched point but it has even also withstood Surfer's attack upon his first meeting with Thanos

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2016 12:37 AM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote