KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Current Superman and Thor vs Runner...

Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Current Superman and Thor wins... 5 31.25%
Runner wins... 11 68.75%
Total: 16 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Current Superman and Thor vs Runner...
Started by: TheLordofMurder

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 5 6 [7]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
One Big Mob
Dead

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
^ His armor was ruffled as collateral damage from being tossed around in Runner's wake, imo.

For completions sake, here's their entire battle:
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

From what we can tell, all of Runner's attacks targeted Thanos' chair; not Thanos himself.

But even if you think otherwise, it changes nothing. Thanos was purposefully feigning weakness the entire time--allowing Runner to think he'd won.
I remember more passes. Been a while.

That last one landed though. Meh. I just realize I haven't really read Thanos Quest much.

I'm just saying it looks even worse when he's teleporting into superspeed attacks and at best he can do is damage armor (although it is durable).

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2016 03:23 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

thumb up

If you believe the blitz connected every time, then yeah, it makes Runner look like dog shit given that Thanos didn't even try to mount a defense, yet had absolutely NO physical injuries afterward. Heh.

Bran over here lowballing again. thumb down

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2016 03:31 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheLordofMurder

Thanos attacked Runner once. That's it. Runner dodging said eye-beam certainly doesn't imply that every single ability in Thanos' arsenal would have been ineffective. That said, Starlin made it clear at the end: Thanos allowed Runner to think he'd won so that he'd stop and gloat/monologue long enough for Thanos to deage him with the time gem. Thanos wasn't trying to win beforehand; not really--and he certainly didn't want to risk physically harming Runner. After all, baby Runner was the bargaining chip Thanos used to acquire the reality gem from the Collector. That's why Thanos used the time gem to defeat Runner--it didn't harm him at all, yet left him perfectly helpless as an infant.

Anywho, it's subjective. You cannot prove that Runner could have overpowered Thanos anymore then I can prove he couldn't have.

[edit]
And why is it that when someone doesn't agree with you, you start reposting your previous posts and 'thumbs-uping' them? Do you think agreeing with yourself solidifies your point or something? confused

The way I see it, Thanos only attacked once because he saw that further assault would be pointless as Runner very easily evaded his attack (while smiling about it) and punished him casually...

As pertains Starlings intent, I disagree as I believe its subject to interpretation; they way I see it, Thanos turned something he was forced to do into an advantage...which was talking to Runner.

Thanos had to give in to Runners demands or Runner would have blitzed him until he was truly grape jelly, but Runner standing still also gave Thanos the time he needed to use the Time Gem on him...

The way I see it, Thanos did an expert job (which highlights his great intellect) of turning a fight he couldnt directly win to something that was very advatageous to himself...

Props to Thanos for this...

As for me giving myself thumbs up, it is not done when someone disagrees with me, but I do do it for a variety of reasons...

I will do it when someone gives a thumb up for a point that I believe I have already refuted; I did this in this thread when Jun gave you a thumb up on your point that Thanos was more powerful than Runner because it should be obvious that Thanos with 3 Infinity Gems (that he knows how to use) is stronger than Runner with a lone Infinity Gem that he only sometimes uses subconsciously...

I will give myself a thumb up on a previous point when someone resorts to repeating him/herself depite being proven wrong; once again, I will simply thumb up a point refuting what they are repeating...

So in conclusion, I give myself thumbs up for a variety of reasons, but not simply because someone disagrees with me...

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2016 03:46 AM
TheLordofMurder is currently offline Click here to Send TheLordofMurder a Private Message Find more posts by TheLordofMurder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Thanos had to give in to Runners demands or Runner would have blitzed him until he was truly grape jelly
You are entitled to your own opinions, but this right here is baseless. It truly is.

There is literally no proof that Runner's blitz could have significantly injured Thanos at all... Let alone killed/jellied him. Again: even though Thanos was feigning weakness and didn't even attempt to mount a defense of any sort, Runner's "punishment"(as you called it) caused absolutely no damage to Thanos' person. There was literally not a scratch on him.

So with Runner's empty boasts aside, there is no proof that his blitz > Thanos' durability. None.

Last edited by Galan007 on Feb 3rd, 2016 at 04:03 AM

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2016 03:51 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheLordofMurder

Originally posted by Juntai
The level of wrong here. ..

No. Characters use anything in their power. For example, Flash doesn't always go balls out in story, but as its proven in his scope of power, on the forum, he can and will. It is also assumed that the characters fight at their optimum levels of ability - not explicitly weakened or unusually powered up. This doesn't mean average. It simply the best they are under their own conditions. No powerups or weakened unless specified. This is why Supes is a top dog on the forum.

See, the forum rules defy averages. Otherwise Wally and Barry would be running around mach speed on the forum.
Unlocking Superman and Thor in this manner assures victory, either one the greater in feats and victories here. Certainly they are combined.

Beating a chair doesn't mean anything. He didn't beat Thanos. He didn't have Thanos on the ropes. It was a non-encounter for him. If anything it showed weakness in him, exactly as it was written.

Beating Collector isn't impressive to me. As far as we can gather is Elders are around herald level, give or take. Surfer tooled most of the Elders, though he did get the worse of it a few times. The couple he lost to, he also beat, save Runner who he didn't have another battle with.
Thor has also defeated most of them.
Even She Hulk has beat champion
Gladiator has beat a few.
Beta Ray Bill.
Etc.
Most of their appearances have them losing over and over.

No, you are incorrect...

Characters (as per base rules) fight in character, sans PIS, using their average unless otherwise stated in the OP...

Now within those confines, they will fight to the best of their ability...

Thats how it goes...

And with those being the parameters, Runner is clearly superior to current Superman and Thor...

As for the Elders track record, they job...they typically job relentlessly.

But that doesnt change the fact that Runner has an excellent track record; nearly killing Surfer while toying with him, crushing Collector, forcing Thanos with 3 Infinity Gems to win by trickery, and being overpowered by a full strength Galactus...

That adds up to a very high average...one that is beyond that of current Superman or Thor.

Last edited by TheLordofMurder on Feb 3rd, 2016 at 04:04 AM

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2016 03:56 AM
TheLordofMurder is currently offline Click here to Send TheLordofMurder a Private Message Find more posts by TheLordofMurder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheLordofMurder

You are entitled to your own opinions, but this right here is baseless. It truly is.

There is literally no proof that Runner's blitz could have significantly injured Thanos at all... Let alone killed/jellied him. Again: even though Thanos was feigning weakness and didn't even attempt to mount a defense of any sort, Runner's "punishment"(as you called it) caused absolutely no damage to Thanos' person. There was literally not a scratch on him.

So with Runner's empty boasts aside, there is no proof that his blitz>Thanos' durability. None.

We agree to disagree then...

I believe Thanos felt Runner had the ability to follow through on his threat to beat him into grape jelly, you feel otherwise...and thats the right both of us possesses.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2016 04:03 AM
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

No, you are incorrect...

Characters (as per base rules) fight in character, sans PIS, using their average unless otherwise stated in the OP...

Now within those confines, they will fight to the best of their ability...

Thats how it goes...

And with those being the parameters, Runner is clearly superior to current Superman and Thor...

As for the Elders track record, they job...they typically job relentlessly.

But that doesnt change the fact that Runner has an excellent track record; nearly killing Surfer while toying with him, crushing Collector, forcing Thanos with 3 Infinity Gems to win by trickery, and being overpowered by a full strength Galactus...

That adds up to a very high average...one that is beyond that of current Superman or Thor.

No. You're wrong. It is specifically the site's rules that characters use anything in their power to win. For example, Flash doesn't always go balls out in story, but as its proven in his scope of power, on the forum, he can and will. It is also assumed that the characters fight at their optimum levels of ability - not explicitly weakened or unusually powered up. This doesn't mean average. It simply the best they are under their own conditions. No powerups or weakened unless specified.

They will fight within character, meaning Superman or whoever isn't going to kill, or some such, but it doesn't mean a Flash or Thor or Supes is going to tone it down for their enemies as they do in comics.

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2016 04:30 AM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

So with Runner's empty boasts aside, there is no proof that his blitz > Thanos' durability. None.
Pretty much.

And we knew he was feigning as he was pretending to be helpless and hold onto the chair pieces like space flotsam for his dear life, like he would drown in a sea stars without it to hold him aloft . . . then said "I think not." And simply stood up and walked across and owned him, as he could have done from the start. He was playing him the entire encounter.

Last edited by Juntai on Feb 3rd, 2016 at 04:41 AM

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2016 04:32 AM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheLordofMurder

No. You're wrong. It is specifically the site's rules that characters use anything in their power to win. For example, Flash doesn't always go balls out in story, but as its proven in his scope of power, on the forum, he can and will. It is also assumed that the characters fight at their optimum levels of ability - not explicitly weakened or unusually powered up. This doesn't mean average. It simply the best they are under their own conditions. No powerups or weakened unless specified.

They will fight within character, meaning Superman or whoever isn't going to kill, or some such, but it doesn't mean a Flash or Thor or Supes is going to tone it down for their enemies as they do in comics.

But you still use the characters average unless otherwise stated in the OP...

Average Supes/Thor are High Heralds, thus unless its otherwise stated in the OP, they fight at a High Herald level of power...

Otherwise all characters would only be considered using their very highest showings...and thats clearly not the way we debate here; if it was as you say, then Thor, Surfer, and Supes are all abstracts (or atleast Skyfathers) based on their very highest showings.

Last edited by TheLordofMurder on Feb 3rd, 2016 at 05:01 AM

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2016 04:56 AM
TheLordofMurder

Pretty much.

And we knew he was feigning as he was pretending to be helpless and hold onto the chair pieces like space flotsam for his dear life, like he would drown in a sea stars without it to hold him aloft . . . then said "I think not." And simply stood up and walked across and owned him, as he could have done from the start.

Yeah...after several minutes of dialog where Runner didnt attack him.

As for Thanos playing him, Thanos didnt even know where Runner was when he teleported to Runners general area; Runner had a clear and decisive advantage up until he made the mistake of halting his assault on Thanos to talk.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2016 04:58 AM
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

But you still use the characters average unless otherwise stated in the OP...

Average Supes/Thor are High Heralds, thus unless its otherwise stated in the OP, they fight at a High Herald level of power...
That's not written anywhere in the rules. It says they will use anything in their power to win. It even gives specific example, mentioning Flash will be light-speed out of the gate, unlike in the comic, because it within his power to do so.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2016 10:18 PM
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Yeah...after several minutes of dialog where Runner didnt attack him.

As for Thanos playing him, Thanos didnt even know where Runner was when he teleported to Runners general area; Runner had a clear and decisive advantage up until he made the mistake of halting his assault on Thanos to talk.
His advantage was false. Thanos was playing him. Then owned him.

Runner has no good feats in this encounter.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2016 10:19 PM
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Thanos had the power , soul and time gems when he fought Runner. If that counts for anything.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2016 10:23 PM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Originally posted by Inhuman
Thanos had the power , soul and time gems when he fought Runner. If that counts for anything.
Not the point. The point was that Runner didn't do anything but break a chair. He was trying to act like Runner was kicking Thanos' ass up and down the spaceways earlier in the thread, but he never even hit him.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2016 10:27 PM
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

His advantage was false. Thanos was playing him. Then owned him.

Runner has no good feats in this encounter.

Do you not understand Thanos was playing him because Thanos had the trump card : the Time Gem (and Power Gem and Soul Gem). Thanos beat Runner by using the TIME GEM.

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2016 02:06 AM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

As I said earlier:
Starlin made it clear at the end: Thanos allowed Runner to think he'd won so that he'd stop and gloat/monologue long enough for Thanos to deage him with the time gem. Thanos wasn't trying to win beforehand; not really--and he certainly didn't want to risk physically harming Runner with an all-out battle or w/e. After all, baby Runner was the bargaining chip Thanos used to acquire the reality gem from the Collector. That's why Thanos used the time gem to defeat Runner--it didn't harm him at all, yet left him perfectly helpless as an infant.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2016 03:32 AM
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Originally posted by zopzop
Do you not understand Thanos was playing him because Thanos had the trump card : the Time Gem (and Power Gem and Soul Gem). Thanos beat Runner by using the TIME GEM.
Not the point. The point was that Runner didn't do anything but break a chair. He was trying to act like Runner was kicking Thanos' ass up and down the spaceways earlier in the thread, but he never even hit him.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2016 12:05 PM
TheLordofMurder

10-5 in favor of Runner...

KMC has spoken...

Runner wins...

Old Post Feb 4th, 2016 04:31 PM