KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Iron Fist Vs Karate Kid

Iron Fist Vs Karate Kid
Started by: riv6672

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
riv6672

^^^Since his first appearance, yeah.
How that translates to striking feats is the good part.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2016 12:52 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathslash
Pyromaniacal Humanitarian

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Zack M
You were the one who said Karate Kid was the only MA that was impressive in DC and that's hardly true. I've already matched all of MU soldiers and MA not too long ago.

Val has evaded the Speed Force Wally West, taken a beating from a DAXAMITE, pinned a pre-Crisis Kryptonian, etc... PC Val was on another level.
when did I say that?

While that's all very impressive, what does that have to do with striking power?

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2016 02:51 PM
deathslash is currently offline Click here to Send deathslash a Private Message Find more posts by deathslash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

For striking feats Val has destroyed a substance that PC Superboy needed the "strength of insanity" to break.

I really do not get why people here have a problem with Karate Kid. A lot of them have trouble with the whole "it's all due to space karate" thing. If you're dodging speed force infused lightning after it hits you and tearing apart beings that gave Supergirl trouble(while sick) then you are far above Iron Fist.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2016 06:33 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by deathslash
when did I say that?

While that's all very impressive, what does that have to do with striking power?

You said it like last month. Since a few of you were just listing feats, so was i. Do you think Val can beat Danny?

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2016 06:38 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

At his height Val can literally win with a single punch.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2016 06:45 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

You said it like last month. Since a few of you were just listing feats, so was i. Do you think Val can beat Danny?
By "last month" do you mean a couple days ago?

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2016 06:50 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathslash
Pyromaniacal Humanitarian

Originally posted by Surtur
For striking feats Val has destroyed a substance that PC Superboy needed the "strength of insanity" to break.

I really do not get why people here have a problem with Karate Kid. A lot of them have trouble with the whole "it's all due to space karate" thing. If you're dodging speed force infused lightning after it hits you and tearing apart beings that gave Supergirl trouble(while sick) then you are far above Iron Fist.
I have no problem with val, but his feats seem to involve striking at his opponent's weak points. I also, don't want to be cheap, but pc Val would be excluded from this (since we go by most recent versions).
I would really like to see that post, especially since have never and will never think that karate kid is the only skilled martial artist in dc. Yeah, based off of their averages, val would beat danny.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2016 07:10 PM
deathslash is currently offline Click here to Send deathslash a Private Message Find more posts by deathslash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by deathslash
I have no problem with val, but his feats seem to involve striking at his opponent's weak points. I also, don't want to be cheap, but pc Val would be excluded from this (since we go by most recent versions). I would really like to see that post, especially since have never and will never think that karate kid is the only skilled martial artist in dc. Yeah, based off of their averages, val would beat danny.

You didn't say Val was the only skilled MA, just the only one that's impressive, stats wise or something. I'll try and find it later.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2016 07:13 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

PC Val broke out of Inertron restraints,.held PC Superboy in a muscle lock, and canceled out an earth quake by creating his own with a stomp. So more then Karnak weak point striking.

As for current versions,.nearly every one of them have fought against Kryptonian level speed. The number of martial artists who can do that, you can count on one hand using half the fingers (Mantis is one of them.)

Danny's fast, but not that fast.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2016 07:23 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

I should have made this a fight, but i dont think it would have gotten this much back & forth; thank you.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2016 11:11 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Karate Kid is the unquestioned king of MA in mainstream american comics. This is why he just gets left out most often. lol.

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2016 01:22 AM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^True that.
I figured narrowing it down to one feat might make it interesting. It kind of did i guess!

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2016 05:09 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Even if you exclude PC stuff you still have him fighting Mon El' and redirecting the guy into another galaxy. You have the whole "dodges speed force infused lightning after being hit" feat. You have the feat of him tearing apart something that gave Supergirl trouble and he was sick when he did it.

Does anyone here think Iron Fist could of replicated those feats?

Old Post Feb 4th, 2016 03:32 PM
One Big Mob
Dead

If by replicate you mean surpass, then yes

Old Post Feb 4th, 2016 03:36 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Okay so you feel Iron Fist could surpass the lightning dodging feat? Really? Or all the other stuff?

Old Post Feb 4th, 2016 03:38 PM
One Big Mob
Dead

Everything KK has ever done besides his losses. He would fail at losing

Old Post Feb 4th, 2016 03:39 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

What feats make you think this?

Old Post Feb 4th, 2016 03:40 PM
One Big Mob
Dead

All of them

Old Post Feb 4th, 2016 03:43 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well he did punch a dragon in the heart, that earns some respect.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2016 03:47 PM
Senor Cage

Originally posted by Surtur
Even if you exclude PC stuff you still have him fighting Mon El' and redirecting the guy into another galaxy. You have the whole "dodges speed force infused lightning after being hit" feat. You have the feat of him tearing apart something that gave Supergirl trouble and he was sick when he did it.

Does anyone here think Iron Fist could of replicated those feats?

Mon-el kills danny.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2016 04:53 PM