KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Darth Nyriss vs. Darth Plagueis

Darth Nyriss vs. Darth Plagueis
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Darth Nyriss vs. Darth Plagueis

All out

Who wins

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2016 02:45 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

Darth Plagueis

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2016 05:07 AM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
red8

Plagueis

Old Post Feb 4th, 2016 04:27 AM
Click here to Send red8 a Private Message Find more posts by red8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Plaguies stomps.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Feb 4th, 2016 05:51 AM
Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Plaguies stomps.

Not necessarily.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2016 07:34 AM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Not necessarily.
LOL!

Alright, enlighten me. smile

Name 1 single thing that she could do against Plaguies.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2016 07:53 AM
Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tondemonai

LOL!

Talk dirty to him...

Old Post Feb 4th, 2016 02:49 PM
Click here to Send Tondemonai a Private Message Find more posts by Tondemonai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Tondemonai
Talk dirty to him...
"You can be my DARK LORD anytime!"

Old Post Feb 4th, 2016 03:53 PM
S_W_LeGenD

LOL!

Just because her confrontation with Revan went bad, doesn't implies that another powerhouse would have an easy time with her. Do keep in mind that she overwhelmed Lord Scourge and Meetra Surik simultaneously earlier, an accomplish that few can boast about.

Revan represented an ideal combination of raw power and talents to undermine Darth Nyriss in a confrontation. It felt like as if Darth Nyriss ran out of luck while confronting him.

Darth Plagueis undoubtedly possessed considerable powers but he didn't stomp any Sith Lord in a confrontation. He soundly defeated Darth Venamis but this wasn't a terribly one-sided confrontation for him.

I expect Darth Nyriss to utterly dominate the likes of Darth Venamis in a confrontation as well.

Now, of-course, one can argue that Darth Plagueis became more powerful after the Darth Venamis episode.

My assessment is that this confrontation is neither terribly one-sided and nor difficult for Darth Plagueis. He is expected to emerge victorious but his opponent will make him work for it.

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on Feb 5th, 2016 at 11:41 AM

Old Post Feb 5th, 2016 11:32 AM
AncientPower
The Chosen One

All of Nyriss' feats are amped, despite this she got sent packing by Scourge's Force push, put Plagueis in Scourge's position and Nyriss becomes a new paint job.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2016 11:38 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

Lord Scourge's Force push only nudged Darth Nyriss, but it saved Meetra Surik from a killing blow.

And the 'amped' part is speculation.

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on Feb 5th, 2016 at 11:43 AM

Old Post Feb 5th, 2016 11:40 AM
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Lord Scourge's Force push only nudged Darth Nyriss, but it saved Meetra Surik from a killing blow.

It knocked her back, Plagueis is far more powerful than pre-prime Scourge and his TK would scale up to essentially fatal degrees in that same position.

Nyriss had speed going for her on the two because she was amped, that's it.

She's simply no match for Plagueis, whom has better TK and speed than the Revan incarnation that absolutely demolished her.

And the 'amped' part is speculation.

Please, Dromund Kaas is even stronger than Korriban as a Dark Side nexus and her compound is full of Sith artifacts. The idea she wouldn't use such an advantage in a basically 3 vs 1 scenario is laughable.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Last edited by AncientPower on Feb 5th, 2016 at 11:50 AM

Old Post Feb 5th, 2016 11:45 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

Originally posted by AncientPower
It knocked her back,

No.

In the awkward position her right flank was exposed, and Nyriss brought her blade in to deliver a crippling cut. At the same time, Scourge lashed
out with the Force, catching Nyriss flush in the center of her chest.

An ordinary foe would have been thrown clear across the room, but Nyriss instinctively threw up a Force barrier to protect herself, absorbing and redirecting the brunt of the impact. Even so, Scourge's attack knocked her off balance just enough to send her lightsaber wide of the mark, giving Meetra the opportunity she needed to scramble away to safety.

Take from Star Wars: The Old Republic: Revan

That Force push, whilst being formidable, impacted Darth Nyriss slightly.

Plagueis is far more powerful than pre-prime Scourge and his TK would scale up to essentially fatal degrees in that same position.

I would expect a Force push from Darth Plagueis to sent her (i.e. Darth Nyriss) packing across the hall but it won't be fatal to her.

Nyriss had speed going for her on the two because she was amped, that's it.

This confrontation did not take place on a nexus setting. Continue to read below.

She's simply no match for Plagueis, whom has better TK and speed than the Revan incarnation that absolutely demolished her.

Yeah, lets apply A > B > C logic here. Because it is perfect.

Wait... it isn't.

Revan soundly defeated her because he was a master of defensive applications of the Force and his raw power enabled him to absorb harmful energies of extreme magnitude.

Darth Plagueis doesn't have a shortcoming in the raw power department but his defensive options against a Force Lightning Storm are unclear at the moment. Up against Darth Venamis, the former (i.e. Darth Plagueis) was armed with two Lightsabers and put them in a cross-order to protect himself from a Force Lightning based assault from the latter (For reference: Kao Cen Darach versus Lord Vindican).

Please, Dromund Kaas is even stronger than Korriban as a Dark Side nexus and her compound is full of Sith artifacts. The idea she wouldn't use such an advantage in a basically 3 vs 1 scenario is laughable.

Only Dark Temple is officially identified as a nexus of Dark Side energy on Dromund Kaas. Normal individuals lived on Dromund Kaas without suffering any side-effects. But they could not tolerate the oppressive environment of the Dark Temple.

Additionally, it is unclear if Darth Nyriss drew on the power of a nearby setting or artifact to augment her capabilities. This is speculation.

If you assume that Darth Nyriss was boosted in the setting in question, same might be true for Lord Scourge and Revan. Only Meetra Surik was at a disadvantage in this regard.

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on Feb 5th, 2016 at 12:21 PM

Old Post Feb 5th, 2016 12:08 PM
AncientPower
The Chosen One

quote:
Even so, Scourge's attack knocked her off balance just enough to send her lightsaber wide of the mark, giving Meetra the opportunity she needed to scramble away to safety.

So she got knocked back, nice semantics though.

Darth Plagueis' telekinetic prowess is miles superior to that of Lord Scourge's, whose factory droid feat is amateur hour compared to Plagueis rendering armoured Maladian assassins so physically mutilated that it looked like an explosive device had detonated in their immediate vicinity.

This has been proven before but I suppose I can renew said proof, below.

If Lord Scourge is capable of knocking her off balance with his telekinesis, then a (telekinetic) superior of Revan, whom is undoubtedly far more powerful than Scourge; will do far more damage. She is at least suffering a critical wound from such a powerhouse.

Furthermore, Darth Plagueis is (IIRC) implied to have been using some form of Force defense when Sidious killed him with Force lightning. Obviously he was very drunk and asleep at the time, rendering any effort on his part moot. It is however quite telling that James Luceno implied Plagueis is likely defeating Sidious in any straight contest.

Dromund Kaas isn't a Dark Side nexus....? Okay SWTOR expert.

quote:
"Power hungry, the Emperor spent great energy discovering and perfecting esoteric rites of darkness rituals that wrecked the atmosphere of Dromund Kaas, transforming the ionosphere into a swirling electric storm......However, Dromund Kaas remains home to both the Emperor and his Dark Council. Even though the planet is bristling with the energy of the dark side, it is the Imperial military that has the largest visible presence on Dromund Kaas. "

It's flora and fauna is corrupted, the very atmosphere is Dark Side miasma, the Dark Temple is simply the core of the nexus on Dromund Kaas. It's highest concentration is there, but it is not relegated to the immediate vicinity of the area. Before the Dark Temple was even built by the Emperor, before he'd ever even arrived there infact, Dromund Kaas was already very strong with the Dark Side.

Speculation to assume that against a strong Sith Warrior and two very powerful Jedi that she would abuse the environmental advantage? Logical inference my old friend, use it.

I mean it's not very hard to understand:

quote:
The air around her began to crackle and grow hot as she gathered herself for the killing blow. Scourge felt the energy building inside her,

That by itself can be interpreted as gathering Dark Side energies from the environment.

She was amped, there is no logical reason to assume anything else.

Not that it changes the outcome at all, Plagueis stomps.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2016 01:07 PM
Fated Xtasy
Kami

^

Plus, long after that era. Luke, Kyle and Mara both state the planet is dark side incarnate( I'm paraphrasing of course.) Not the temple, only the planet.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2016 03:44 PM
Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

So she got knocked back, nice semantics though.

She was impacted but not to an extent that Lord Scourge could take advantage of her situation at that moment. This is apparent from the fact that Lord Scourge actually attempted to take advantage of her situation in the very next moment but was humbled;

Scourge rushed forward, hoping to drive Nyriss back into a corner, but she met his charge with an invisible wave of rippling energy. It picked Scourge up and tossed him head-over-heels, sending him crashing to the wall.

Taken from Star Wars: The Old Republic: Revan

Darth Plagueis' telekinetic prowess is miles superior to that of Lord Scourge's, whose factory droid feat is amateur hour compared to Plagueis rendering armoured Maladian assassins so physically mutilated that it looked like an explosive device had detonated in their immediate vicinity.

Indeed, but your analogy is misleading.

Lord Scourge had a problem contending with droids due to his mindset. He was accustomed to gorging on the Force-sensitivity of others to fuel himself but this tactic backfired on him during his confrontation with the droids.

As for the referred Darth Plagueis's showing; it is good demonstration of his telekinetic prowess but it is meaningless for consideration in hypothetical scenarios involving powerful Force-users. Unlike those virtually defenseless Maladians, Darth Nyriss can/could protect herself from Force powers.

Body armor doesn't guarantees protection from Force powers. The examples of T3-M4 (versus Valkorion) and HK-55 (versus Arcann) are in front of you.

This has been proven before but I suppose I can renew said proof, below.

If Lord Scourge is capable of knocking her off balance with his telekinesis, then a (telekinetic) superior of Revan, whom is undoubtedly far more powerful than Scourge; will do far more damage. She is at least suffering a critical wound from such a powerhouse.

Darth Nyriss was also miles ahead of Lord Scourge in the area of telekinesis. See above.

My point is that it is not easy to defeat a powerful Force-user with telekinetic powers. Otherwise, Valkorion would have dispatched Revan with his telekinetic powers. Similarly, Darth Malgus would have dispatched Ven Zallow with his telekinetic powers.

Superiority in the area of telekinesis comes in handy under certain situations. Assume that Darth Plagueis is fighting an opponent in a setting that includes an extremely deep sinkhole; it is possible for Darth Plagueis to toss his opponent into that sinkhole and win.

I doubt that Darth Plagueis is superior to Revan in the area of telekinesis.

Furthermore, Darth Plagueis is (IIRC) implied to have been using some form of Force defense when Sidious killed him with Force lightning. Obviously he was very drunk and asleep at the time, rendering any effort on his part moot. It is however quite telling that James Luceno implied Plagueis is likely defeating Sidious in any straight contest.

What kind of defense?

And did I doubt Darth Plagueis's superiority in this contest? No.

Dromund Kaas isn't a Dark Side nexus....? Okay SWTOR expert.

It's flora and fauna is corrupted, the very atmosphere is Dark Side miasma, the Dark Temple is simply the core of the nexus on Dromund Kaas. It's highest concentration is there, but it is not relegated to the immediate vicinity of the area. Before the Dark Temple was even built by the Emperor, before he'd ever even arrived there infact, Dromund Kaas was already very strong with the Dark Side.

I am fully aware of the ground realities of Dromund Kaas. However, I do not perceive it as a nexus on the whole.

Literature explicitly identifies Dark Temple as a nexus of the Dark Side energy, but not the entire planet. I am sticking with the official information.

Speculation to assume that against a strong Sith Warrior and two very powerful Jedi that she would abuse the environmental advantage? Logical inference my old friend, use it.

I mean it's not very hard to understand:

That by itself can be interpreted as gathering Dark Side energies from the environment.

She was amped, there is no logical reason to assume anything else.

You are highlighting a specific moment.

And same can be assumed for Lord Scourge and Revan. Why would they not take advantage of the setting?

Not that it changes the outcome at all, Plagueis stomps.

I do not dispute the outcome but I disagree with the 'stomp' part.

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on Feb 5th, 2016 at 06:50 PM

Old Post Feb 5th, 2016 06:46 PM
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Lol

Old Post May 5th, 2016 05:38 PM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tondemonai

Originally posted by Tondemonai
Talk dirty to him...

Holy shit this legitimately scares me I don't remember posting this. Either someone has access to my profile or my psychosis is back... Shit

Old Post May 5th, 2016 05:44 PM
Click here to Send Tondemonai a Private Message Find more posts by Tondemonai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Plagueis shits down her neck, yeah.

Old Post May 5th, 2016 05:46 PM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Don't you ever get tired, LeGenD?

Old Post May 5th, 2016 05:48 PM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote