KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » #1/most powerful DC Hero BEFORE Superman

#1/most powerful DC Hero BEFORE Superman
Started by: riv6672

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
riv6672

#1/most powerful DC Hero BEFORE Superman

With the floating timeline, Superman was born in the late 20th, but didnt come into his own until the early 21st, century, where he's definitely the #1, most powerful hero in DCs heroic community.

I'm asking, prior to that, in the 20th century, what hero claimed those spots?
Was it two heroes (As an example, at Marvel, Captain America can lay claim to a Superman like #1 hero spot, but not the most powerful spot)?
Was it Martian Manhunter, who'd been on earth for some time? Allan Scott or some other JSAer?
Someone else entirely?
Its Hero VS Hero for the top DC spots in your opinion.

This is strictly in universe (no sales figure nonsense), and doesnt include the DCnu; Post Crisis up to just before the 2011 reboot.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2016 11:20 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ghostman

probably dr fate. or alan scott

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2016 11:22 AM
ghostman is currently offline Click here to Send ghostman a Private Message Find more posts by ghostman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

One in each spot? Either for both?

Not trying to have you write a thesis, its just that Superman's #1 spot is in large part due to others trusting him, backing him, being a rallying point.
While i can see Fate laying claim to the power spot, as aloof as he's usually portrayed i cant see him being that guy.
So, just wondering what you meant.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2016 11:44 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Alan Scott, unless Dr Fate is holding a stick.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2016 05:14 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Black Adam

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2016 05:15 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by riv6672
One in each spot? Either for both?

Not trying to have you write a thesis, its just that Superman's #1 spot is in large part due to others trusting him, backing him, being a rallying point.
While i can see Fate laying claim to the power spot, as aloof as he's usually portrayed i cant see him being that guy.
So, just wondering what you meant.

It seems like you are asking two different things then. Since in the title of the thread it says who is the most powerful. But now you are talking about how Superman has peoples trust which, while true, has nothing to do with how powerful he is. So are you asking about leadership roles or power?

Since if it is power then yeah..it's Dr. Fate. Though I think there might of been a JSA team that included Spectre. Though I can't speak to how powerful the version on that team was.

Last edited by Surtur on Feb 3rd, 2016 at 05:22 PM

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2016 05:18 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Dr Black Adam

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2016 05:21 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I don't think Adam was on the team during a time when Superman wasn't..well, Superman.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2016 05:25 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
golem370

Wonder Woman?

Juggernaut66666 made sig

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2016 05:56 PM
golem370 is currently offline Click here to Send golem370 a Private Message Find more posts by golem370 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Silly, girls can't be doctors.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2016 06:46 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

The age of heros started with Superman in New 52.

Do you mean the previous universe?

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2016 10:22 PM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by Surtur
It seems like you are asking two different things then. Since in the title of the thread it says who is the most powerful. But now you are talking about how Superman has peoples trust which, while true, has nothing to do with how powerful he is. So are you asking about leadership roles or power?

Since if it is power then yeah..it's Dr. Fate. Though I think there might of been a JSA team that included Spectre. Though I can't speak to how powerful the version on that team was.

I am, in a way, but i stated that in the OP.
I used Captain America as an example of a hero who could be one thing but not the other, and asked if that might be the situation in the DCu before Superman quite ably laid claim to both.
Its all there with the odd typo. stick out tongue

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2016 10:40 PM
DarkSaint85

MM is meant to be THE top hero in the entire Southern Hemisphere, so I'd say him.

Otherwise, GL Alan.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2016 11:03 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Nurse Wonder Woman

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2016 11:18 PM
quanchi112
Disney

thumb up

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2016 11:28 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

MM is meant to be THE top hero in the entire Southern Hemisphere, so I'd say him.

Otherwise, GL Alan.

Hmm.
In that capacity, i guess he'd have the trust of many heroes...thumb up

Old Post Feb 4th, 2016 05:07 AM
Martian_mind
telepathy+debates+=Pwned

thumb up

I'm liking you more and more.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2016 06:06 AM
Martian_mind is currently offline Click here to Send Martian_mind a Private Message Find more posts by Martian_mind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

I keep seeing Allan Scott's name brought up here and at HC regarding this.
It reminds me how in Virtue & Vice, it was him and Superman floating outside the JLA watchtower looking down at the earth while their teams were inside.
(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Feb 4th, 2016 06:50 AM
One Big Mob
Dead

That's what they do? They just go into space and speak spanish?

Old Post Feb 4th, 2016 12:20 PM
DarkSaint85

Looks like Vietnamese to me.

Reported for racism.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2016 12:32 PM