KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Silver Surfer runs the team gauntlet

Silver Surfer runs the team gauntlet
Started by: abhilegend

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Magnon

Yeah, every one of those teams would beat Surfer silly.

Stops at 1.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2016 08:42 PM
Magnon is online now! Click here to Send Magnon a Private Message Find more posts by Magnon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheLordofMurder

quote: (post)
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
What is Surfer borrows from Drac his army of the creatures of the night and dual adamantium katanas?

Surfer spite stomps Galactus under these conditions...

thumb up

Old Post Feb 4th, 2016 08:44 PM
TheLordofMurder is currently offline Click here to Send TheLordofMurder a Private Message Find more posts by TheLordofMurder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fiendish

I've never been very impressed by Surfer's performance against teams. That being said, I think he has a good chance against the Infinity Watch at least. His speed significantly outclasses everyone on the Watch and based on his recent clash with Galactus in Slott's Surfer series, a bloodlusted Surfer is far more likely to use his speed in combat these days.

Surfer's already shrugged off Moondragon with the Mind Gem. Drax was so dumb that it shouldn't be difficult for Surfer to relieve him of the Power Gem. Pip and Gamora of course wouldn't be a problem at all.

Warlock could be a real problem but Surfer was able to resist the Inbetweener with the Soul Gem and I think Surfer's substantial power creep over the years gives him a good chance of beating Adam, at least as he was shown during Blood & Thunder.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2016 10:28 PM
Fiendish is currently offline Click here to Send Fiendish a Private Message Find more posts by Fiendish Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by abhilegend
They are fighting in character just like they did in comics.

How does he clear it?
He just told you. laughing out loud

Old Post Feb 4th, 2016 10:51 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by carver9
ABHI...you made the thread so I'm sure something in your head thought Surfer could pull some wins against them, unless, you intentionally made a spite thread.

Nope. I just created a thread.
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Withstanding attacks from T and A...

Being powerful enough to manipulate the Crunch energies...

This version of Surfer was a mini Cosmic Containment Unit...

And you never answered my question; is Surfer running this without rest or recovery time, or is he restored to full strength after every round of combat?

Because if its the latter, I'm with zopzop...Surfer clears.

You didn't answer my question.

You think he can beat the entire Infinity Watch?

Old Post Feb 5th, 2016 02:34 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by Fiendish
I've never been very impressed by Surfer's performance against teams. That being said, I think he has a good chance against the Infinity Watch at least. His speed significantly outclasses everyone on the Watch and based on his recent clash with Galactus in Slott's Surfer series, a bloodlusted Surfer is far more likely to use his speed in combat these days.

Uh, what?
quote:

Surfer's already shrugged off Moondragon with the Mind Gem. Drax was so dumb that it shouldn't be difficult for Surfer to relieve him of the Power Gem. Pip and Gamora of course wouldn't be a problem at all.

It was just a mental bolt. Spider-Man tanked one too.

Drax was choking Surfer out even without the gem. With the gem he was on another level.

[quote author=Abhilegend link=topic=7224.msg147404#msg147404 date=1446270537]
Surfer vs Champion who is greatly amped.

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Surfer flat out stated that Champion now rivals him in power.

(please log in to view the image)

Drax vs Champion.

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

[/quote]

quote:

Warlock could be a real problem but Surfer was able to resist the Inbetweener with the Soul Gem and I think Surfer's substantial power creep over the years gives him a good chance of beating Adam, at least as he was shown during Blood & Thunder.

Warlock had no problem man handling Surfer or merging his soul with the Surfer.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2016 02:44 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheLordofMurder

You think he can beat the entire Infinity Watch?

Normal Surfer? Not a chance...

Surfer as portrayed in Annihilation? Absolutely...

Old Post Feb 5th, 2016 03:56 AM
TheLordofMurder is currently offline Click here to Send TheLordofMurder a Private Message Find more posts by TheLordofMurder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fiendish

Uh, what?

Recently we saw a bloodlusted Surfer clearly using his speed offensively in combat.

i.imgur.com/0QzP5Ir.jpg
i.imgur.com/gW5Gu8w.jpg

Surfer not only has better speed than any of the Watch, Post-Annihilation he blitzed Richard Rider (a character who also has better speed than any of the Watch) so fast that Richard didn't even know what had hit him.

Your OP conditions state Post-Annihilation Surfer, all the showings you just noted are prior to that.

Post-Annihilation Surfer seems significantly hardier than he was before. We saw in both of his encounters with Aegis and Tenebrous, he required multiple hits to be put down. During Chaos War, a powered up Hercules tried and failed to knock Surfer out with a punch. During the Galactus Seed arc in The Mighty Thor, Thor was completely unable to keep Surfer down despite many attempts.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2016 03:58 AM
Fiendish is currently offline Click here to Send Fiendish a Private Message Find more posts by Fiendish Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Normal Surfer? Not a chance...

Surfer as portrayed in Annihilation? Absolutely...

Why? Because he destroyed a planet?
Recently we saw a bloodlusted Surfer clearly using his speed offensively in combat.

i.imgur.com/0QzP5Ir.jpg
i.imgur.com/gW5Gu8w.jpg

And using energy blasts only. That's not going to bother someone like Drax too much.

quote:
Surfer not only has better speed than any of the Watch, Post-Annihilation he blitzed Richard Rider (a character who also has better speed than any of the Watch) so fast that Richard didn't even know what had hit him.

From behind? He just flew really fast and grabbed him by throat when he was focusing on Galactus.

http://i.imgur.com/j2sONxb.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/JHDxOJ8.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/n9hjz3X.jpg

quote:
Your OP conditions state Post-Annihilation Surfer, all the showings you just noted are prior to that.

And the difference being? Surfer isn't more powerful than pre-annihilation.

quote:
Post-Annihilation Surfer seems significantly hardier than he was before. We saw in both of his encounters with Aegis and Tenebrous, he required multiple hits to be put down.

And? If you think getting almost killed by four attacks from two skyfather level being is really that much, you have never seen fight of other heralds to skyfathers.

quote:
During Chaos War, a powered up Hercules tried and failed to knock Surfer out with a punch.

Herc was still trying to adjust to his power. In the same arc, Zeus tooled surfer like nothing.

quote:
During the Galactus Seed arc in The Mighty Thor, Thor was completely unable to keep Surfer down despite many attempts.

Thor was weakened. He still manhandled Surfer like nothing.

Surfer couldn't even hurt him with his energy attacks. The only thing he could do was cheapshot Thor several times with his board.

And an alternate Warlock with no feats, koed him in one blast. A cheapshot but still.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads...n+-+page+59.jpg

Old Post Feb 5th, 2016 04:45 AM
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Uh, what?

It was just a mental bolt. Spider-Man tanked one too.

Drax was choking Surfer out even without the gem. With the gem he was on another level.

[quote author=Abhilegend link=topic=7224.msg147404#msg147404 date=1446270537]
Surfer vs Champion who is greatly amped.

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Surfer flat out stated that Champion now rivals him in power.

(please log in to view the image)

Drax vs Champion.

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Warlock had no problem man handling Surfer or merging his soul with the Surfer.
[/QUOTE]

Not for anything, but did you even read the final two "Drax vs Champion" scans? Surfer could have ended Champion whenever he wanted to but didn't want to risk hurting him. Drax didn't care and that's why it ended so fast.

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2016 05:10 AM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fiendish

From behind? He just flew really fast and grabbed him by throat when he was focusing on Galactus.

He grabbed Richard by the neck, briefly flew with him and then hurled him away from Galactus. He did all that and Richard still thought he had only been hit by an energy beam.

quote:
And? If you think getting almost killed by four attacks from two skyfather level being is really that much, you have never seen fight of other heralds to skyfathers.

Both Aegis and Tenebrous were explicitly stated to be equal to Galactus in power. Tenebrous went toe to toe with Galactus, injured him and received no injury in return. You consider them just skyfather level?

quote:
Herc was still trying to adjust to his power. In the same arc, Zeus tooled surfer like nothing.

In the issue prior to Hercules punching Surfer, Hercules was physically slapping around All-Fathers when the Council of Godheads tried to stop him.

The Chaos King was inside Zeus amping him, that's why he was able to shrug off Galactus's attack and then one-shot him.

quote:
Thor was weakened. He still manhandled Surfer like nothing.

Surfer couldn't even hurt him with his energy attacks. The only thing he could do was cheapshot Thor several times with his board.

I assume your talking about Thor's world tree injury, the injury was only ever indicated to have been causing him pain. There was no statements or indication that he was at all weakened AFAIK.

Surfer was hardly trying to fight Thor at all during the whole arc. He was clearly holding back, he even abruptly stopped the fight on Mars because he was worried about Thor's injury. This in contrast with Thor, who repeatedly stated his intention to kill Surfer and took nearly every opportunity to directly attack him. Thor was well motivated and out for blood and he still couldn't keep Surfer down.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2016 06:21 AM
carver9

@ABHI...

That same Warlock was stated as being one of the most powerful being in the universe. Hardly a low showing for Surfer. Everyone was fighting to get the power that was inside Warlock. Nice attempt though ABHI.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Feb 5th, 2016 06:38 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by zopzop

Not for anything, but did you even read the final two "Drax vs Champion" scans? Surfer could have ended Champion whenever he wanted to but didn't want to risk hurting him. Dead didn't care and that's why it ended so fast.

Haha, what? How could Surfer have ended champion whenever he wanted? On his words?

Pardon me if I don't take his words as gospel.

And he certainly could not have done with a simple tap like Drax did. He does not have the power to do that.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2016 06:43 AM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

He grabbed Richard by the neck, briefly flew with him and then hurled him away from Galactus. He did all that and Richard still thought he had only been hit by an energy beam.

Yes, by surprise. All he did was fly fast.

Nothing say a green Lantern can't do.
quote:

Both Aegis and Tenebrous were explicitly stated to be equal to Galactus in power. Tenebrous went toe to toe with Galactus, injured him and received no injury in return. You consider them just skyfather level?

Yes. Galactus himself is skyfather level.

But if you think that's impressive, you should check Thor vs Celestials, Captain Marvel vs Spectre or Superman vs dozens of abstract level beings he has gone against.

Heck, none of them were left for dead in four attacks. I don't know why Surfer fans cling to that so fiercely.
quote:

In the issue prior to Hercules punching Surfer, Hercules was physically slapping around All-Fathers when the Council of Godheads tried to stop him.

So do you consider Surfer skyfather level now as Hercules didn't ko him with a punch?

Check Surfer vs Odin or Surfer vs Geia if you want to see a skyfather oneshotting Surfer.

quote:

The Chaos King was inside Zeus amping him, that's why he was able to shrug off Galactus's attack and then one-shot him.

I know. But the same Zeus didn't oneshot Thor.

Thor >Galactus, right?
quote:

I assume your talking about Thor's world tree injury, the injury was only ever indicated to have been causing him pain. There was no statements or indication that he was at all weakened AFAIK.

Wounds like those weaken characters.

Just after he went against Hulk, it almost killed him.

So yeah, it weakened him alright.
quote:

Surfer was hardly trying to fight Thor at all during the whole arc. He was clearly holding back, he even abruptly stopped the fight on Mars because he was worried about Thor's injury.

When he tried to fight back, he injured himself trying to hurt Thor.

Thor also no sold his point blank energy attack and was going to kill him when Sif stopped them.

Doesn't looks like Surfer had any effect on Thor.
quote:

This in contrast with Thor, who repeatedly stated his intention to kill Surfer and took nearly every opportunity to directly attack him. Thor was well motivated and out for blood and he still couldn't keep Surfer down.

Thor was also weakened. If you think Surfer not folding down like a ***** against Thor when he is smacking him around at will and resorting to cheapshots is him stalemating Thor, more power to you.

It distinctly looked to me that Thor made Surfer his ***** though.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2016 06:56 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

That's a weird order...

Also, thinking we should start to bring in a rule where certain posters can't make threads for certain characters... Wonder what Bada would think.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Feb 5th, 2016 06:57 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by carver9
@ABHI...

That same Warlock was stated as being one of the most powerful being in the universe. Hardly a low showing for Surfer. Everyone was fighting to get the power that was inside Warlock. Nice attempt though ABHI.

Haha, what? Warlock didn't have the power of an entire reality in him at the time.

You should stop posting.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2016 06:57 AM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by -Pr-
That's a weird order...

Also, thinking we should start to bring in a rule where certain posters can't make threads for certain characters... Wonder what Bada would think.

I made the order in power level.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2016 06:59 AM
Fiendish

Yes. Galactus himself is skyfather level.

But if you think that's impressive, you should check Thor vs Celestials, Captain Marvel vs Spectre or Superman vs dozens of abstract level beings he has gone against.

Heck, none of them were left for dead in four attacks. I don't know why Surfer fans cling to that so fiercely.

You're bringing up characters and feats not remotely relevant to a Surfer vs The Infinity Watch fight why? Me thinks there be an agenda here.

quote:
So do you consider Surfer skyfather level now as Hercules didn't ko him with a punch?

Check Surfer vs Odin or Surfer vs Geia if you want to see a skyfather oneshotting Surfer.

Nope. However the fact that Hercules tried and failed to knock Surfer out speaks for itself.

quote:
I know. But the same Zeus didn't oneshot Thor.

Thor >Galactus, right?

That's a nice tangent, it's also unrelated to Surfer vs The Infinity Watch.

quote:
Thor also no sold his point blank energy attack and was going to kill him when Sif stopped them.

i.imgur.com/Gk85pZZ.jpg

In your mind that's Thor about to kill Surfer? Ok...

quote:
It distinctly looked to me that Thor made Surfer his ***** though.

It's called cognitive bias.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2016 08:09 AM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

You're bringing up characters and feats not remotely relevant to a Surfer vs The Infinity Watch fight why? Me thinks there be an agenda here.

Just pointing out the fact that he is not the only character to go against skyfathers and survive.
quote:

Nope. However the fact that Hercules tried and failed to knock Surfer out speaks for itself.

And what would be that?
quote:

That's a nice tangent, it's also unrelated to Surfer vs The Infinity Watch.

Not really.
quote:

i.imgur.com/Gk85pZZ.jpg

In your mind that's Thor about to kill Surfer? Ok...

Nope, I said Thor was going to kill Surfer.

Not that he was about to. There is a difference you know.
quote:

It's called cognitive bias.

Nope.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2016 11:29 AM
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

🔨 and 🏄 = stalemate in most recent fight.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2016 01:52 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote