KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Qui Gon Jinn vs. Meetra Surik

Qui Gon Jinn vs. Meetra Surik
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Beniboybling
Worst Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nephthys
Kreia does nothing more than give the Exile some information about the form, but Meetra is the one who copies it's movements and actually learns the form.

She also forms bonds extremely quickly with people around her so she'd bond with him in the fight like always.
Because of their connection, Kreia (and the Masters) didn't need to use much words because through their bonds she could understand her meaning completely. The Exile is still dependent on being taught however.

I don't know about forming a bond with Qui-Gon, they emerge out of kinship, which is the opposite of their relationship in this fight. Whether that would lead her to intepret his strengths and weaknesses is a further assumption.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2016 04:58 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vixas

So, tossing aside semantics about game-mechanics and what-not. Meetra is confirmed of a level of skill and tactical proficiency that Qui-Gon's only chance of betaing her, blitzing her while his stamina is good, is impossible. Beyond that, Meetra is a confirmed marathon-tier capable fighter against someone who is noted to have flagging stamina due to his age, and his style puts a natural strain on this.

Thus, I feel this fight would go a LOT like how Anakin versus Windu is depicted in Episode 3 the game Qui-Gon eventually tiring enough for Meetra to deliver a finishing blow

Old Post Feb 7th, 2016 05:05 PM
Click here to Send Vixas a Private Message Find more posts by Vixas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Beniboybling
Because of their connection, Kreia (and the Masters) didn't need to use much words because through their bonds she could understand her meaning completely. The Exile is still dependent on being taught however.

I don't know about forming a bond with Qui-Gon, they emerge out of kinship, which is the opposite of their relationship in this fight. Whether that would lead her to intepret his strengths and weaknesses is a further assumption.

Except that there's nothing to suggest that Meetra is learning from Kreia, whereas Meetra directly states that she's learning the forms from the Jedi Master's in dialogue options:

"You are a fine teacher, Kavar. Even now I learn from you."
"My power still grows. You've shown me the way."
"I am already learning from you."
"I merely wished to see how you held the blade - first to mock it, then to use it to kill you."
"Your techniques are so easily learned now."
"You've shown me your fighting style, fool."
"I am studying your technique" "You think you can learn my technique just from watching me? It takes a Jedi years to perfect it." "Nevertheless, I have learned your form and now I will use it to kill you."

The Exile and Nihilus are freaks though. Their force draining technique relies upon forming bonds with opponents and using that bond to drain them upon death.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2016 05:17 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Nothing? She straight up tells her how to beat them e.g.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_n9V12mdf4&t=1m16s

Even going as far to assume the Exile's been taken in by the illusion in this case.

The Exile taking the credit is Dun Moch, she's trying to intimidate them. But its evident that Kreia was at least of significant help.

Last edited by Beniboybling on Feb 7th, 2016 at 05:28 PM

Old Post Feb 7th, 2016 05:26 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Yes, nothing. Advice isn't teaching someone a form, it's just Kreia giving some advice. In some cases her advice is to do the opposite of using their form. Like going on the defensive to tire Zez-Kai Ell out when he uses a super aggressive form. Or to get aggressive while Vrook is using a form that regenerates his energies.

Bullshit it's Dun Moch. That's baseless theorising that's counter to what Meetra herself says. Her account is a lot more reliable than your headcanon.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2016 05:46 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Right, IKreia teaches her the lightsaber styles and Force forms in a totally different setting as I recall, here she's only anaylsing their strengths and weaknesses based on what Kreia is telling her.

And its obviously Dun Moch, considering she's taking credit for what Kreia told her 2 seconds ago.

EDIT: My mistake, she only teaches her one of the Forms. She inteprets the rest from fighting the masters. That said as far how to counter it them, she learns that from Kreia.

Which is surely what is important here.

Last edited by Beniboybling on Feb 7th, 2016 at 06:08 PM

Old Post Feb 7th, 2016 05:59 PM
Zenwolf

Just agree that Surik's learning is just incredibly ridiculous.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2016 06:05 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Uh, what? No, she learns them right there in the fight. Thats the whole "I have learned your form and now I will use it to kill you." thing.

She isn't taking credit for anything other than her own abilities. Kreia gives her some exposition on the form and some strats, but she doesn't teach her the form itself. As I said, in several cases the form Meetra gains is completely counter to the advice Kreia gives her. Meetra learns the form through mere observation as she states:

"I merely wished to see how you held the blade - first to mock it, then to use it to kill you."
"I am studying your technique"

Edit: Gotcha.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2016 06:09 PM
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
Don't worry Boo, your coveted response will come. stick out tongue
(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Feb 7th, 2016 07:54 PM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote