KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Amped Kyle Katarn vs. Darth Traya

Amped Kyle Katarn vs. Darth Traya
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ChaosTheory123
Bored with sanity

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Well it should have been obvious that Nihilus attack didn't kill her, considering she is right there, living and breathing, in front of them.

Maybe they assumed the beatdown she received after finished her off. She did look pretty dead after that.

I'd assume it was from being drained off screen

Not exactly like she was hit with it when they went about it

Certainly didn't look like it visually anyway

As for why she couldn't draw her lightsaber to herself?

I've always figured it was from getting her head too jarred to properly use her psychic powers that are kind of reliant on not getting your brain rattled around to think about

Would be helpful if Avellone was still answering questions, but the frequency you ****ers went about it months ago appears to have scared him off *shrugs*

Old Post Feb 7th, 2016 11:57 PM
Click here to Send ChaosTheory123 a Private Message Find more posts by ChaosTheory123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ChaosTheory123
Bored with sanity

EDIT: As for a implied later conflict/series of events, Sion says when they first meet "after all that has happened, still you live. You are difficult to kill", which arguably implies plural events/attempts on her life.

Could imply multiple encounters

Could also be him referring to the duel in the Trayus Core

A ****ton happened there that she had to suffer through, even if brief

Old Post Feb 8th, 2016 12:03 AM
Click here to Send ChaosTheory123 a Private Message Find more posts by ChaosTheory123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Originally posted by ChaosTheory123
I'd assume it was from being drained off screen

Not exactly like she was hit with it when they went about it

Certainly didn't look like it visually anyway

As for why she couldn't draw her lightsaber to herself?

I've always figured it was from getting her head too jarred to properly use her psychic powers that are kind of reliant on not getting your brain rattled around to think about

Would be helpful if Avellone was still answering questions, but the frequency you ****ers went about it months ago appears to have scared him off *shrugs*
I wouldn't say that, her inability to draw upon her lightsaber could be read like that but in the contexts of a. Nihilus performing the act b. Kreia described that "there are techniques within the Force against which there is no defense" - an obvious reference to Force drain would imply otherwise imo.

Then there is the way after failing to recover her lightsaber, she just sits there helplessly, and lets Sion grab her face, it very much looking like she's given up.

On top of that Kreia is pretty bad@ss, it seems unlikely she'd be taken out with one push, and mild concussion would render her helpless.

And lol, I had nothing to do with those shenanigans. smile
Originally posted by ChaosTheory123
Could imply multiple encounters

Could also be him referring to the duel in the Trayus Core

A ****ton happened there that she had to suffer through, even if brief
Meh, not really. She was drained, then beaten. And it all happened in one instance.

It just seems a strange choice of words, more accurately surely to say after what happened you still live, or "what happened on Malachor".

Old Post Feb 8th, 2016 12:17 AM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ChaosTheory123
Bored with sanity

I wouldn't say that, her inability to draw upon her lightsaber could be read like that but in the contexts of a. Nihilus performing the act b. Kreia described that "there are techniques within the Force against which there is no defense" - an obvious reference to Force drain would imply otherwise imo.

Seems kind of redundant to refer to having her powers stripped from her after Sion's beating I'd figure though

quote:
Then there is the way after failing to recover her lightsaber, she just sits there helplessly, and lets Sion grab her face, it very much looking like she's given up.

Once more, I just take that as her being rattled by Nihilus's TK

****er's pretty potent with that shit and all

quote:
On top of that Kreia is pretty bad@ss, it seems unlikely she'd be taken out with one push, and mild concussion would render her helpless.

I don't see how it detracts from her being badass that TK from someone as powerful as Nihilus rattles her that badly :hmm

quote:
And lol, I had nothing to do with those shenanigans. smile

Wasn't specifically saying you were :maybe

Just "you" being a collective of people that may or may not post here

quote:
Meh, not really. She was drained, then beaten. And it all happened in one instance.

My problem with assuming she was drained is where exactly was KOTOR's representation of the power through its normal animation then?

They have Nihilus pull that out on Surik, as does Kreia on the council

Why not here?

quote:
It just seems a strange choice of words, more accurately surely to say after what happened you still live, or "what happened on Malachor".

True, it is strange, but its not like we always say the exact right thing to describe shit in active conversation *shrugs*

At any rate, this procrastination was fun, but I should probably get back to finishing my last personal statement now...

Old Post Feb 8th, 2016 12:37 AM
Zenwolf

I thought cut content was non-canon? Or am I misremembering things? Wasn't there a tweet post about it?

Old Post Feb 8th, 2016 03:58 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote