KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » in ROTJ why was sidious so easily defeated by Vader?

in ROTJ why was sidious so easily defeated by Vader?
Started by: redpill

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
redpill

quote: (post)
Originally posted by EmperorSidious2
The quote clearly proves you wrong. He was sustained by the force. Even in ROTS he was able to pick up Vader's corpse and jump to a cliff effortlessly.

how do you reconcile what the quote says, which may not be a canon source, with what was actually depicted in the movie?

if that quote is true why was sidious so easily defeated?

Old Post Feb 13th, 2016 03:21 PM
Click here to Send redpill a Private Message Find more posts by redpill Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EmperorSidious2
Master of Magic

Originally posted by redpill
how do you reconcile what the quote says, which may not be a canon source, with what was actually depicted in the movie?

if that quote is true why was sidious so easily defeated?

Distraction and it is a canon source. I believe all the source BOKKS such as that are canon.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2016 09:19 PM
Click here to Send EmperorSidious2 a Private Message Find more posts by EmperorSidious2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
redpill

Distraction and it is a canon source. I believe all the source BOKKS such as that are canon.

when was that book published?

Old Post Feb 14th, 2016 04:37 AM
Click here to Send redpill a Private Message Find more posts by redpill Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EmperorSidious2
Master of Magic

when was that book published?

2006 and it gets updated IIRC

Old Post Feb 14th, 2016 02:07 PM
Click here to Send EmperorSidious2 a Private Message Find more posts by EmperorSidious2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
redpill

2006 and it gets updated IIRC

not canon sorry.

the mystery remains how was sidious so easily defeated.

my answer - he was physically frail and weak and his powers declining due to advance age. he could easily be beaten in sabers, not force powers, by ezra or ahoska

Old Post Feb 14th, 2016 09:56 PM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

It's because Darth Vader is canonically the most powerful Jedi and Sith of all time.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2016 10:36 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
redpill

Originally posted by FreshestSlice
It's because Darth Vader is canonically the most powerful Jedi and Sith of all time.
lucas said injured vader is only 80% sidious

Old Post Feb 14th, 2016 10:39 PM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

"Lucas says" is no longer viable. Thank god.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2016 10:47 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EmperorSidious2
Master of Magic

not canon sorry.

the mystery remains how was sidious so easily defeated.

my answer - he was physically frail and weak and his powers declining due to advance age. he could easily be beaten in sabers, not force powers, by ezra or ahoska

I'm sure the source books are all canon my friend. The fact files, Star Wars insider I believe can be considered canon, all the source books are valid. However choose what you will.

The actual correct answer is he was distracted. His powers didn't decline they would have increased actually. When you consider that there was plenty of knowledge inside the Jedi temple he never had access to, now that Yoda and mace are done he has complete access to study and use all the knowledge those holocrons may hold, and also with the growing empire, he could have found more dark side planets or more dark side knowledge. Sabers he wouldn't be beaten easily. That's retarded.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2016 10:58 PM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
"Lucas says" is no longer viable. Thank god.

Exactly. New Canon has spoken.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2016 11:04 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
redpill

I'm sure the source books are all canon my friend. The fact files, Star Wars insider I believe can be considered canon, all the source books are valid. However choose what you will.

The actual correct answer is he was distracted. His powers didn't decline they would have increased actually. When you consider that there was plenty of knowledge inside the Jedi temple he never had access to, now that Yoda and mace are done he has complete access to study and use all the knowledge those holocrons may hold, and also with the growing empire, he could have found more dark side planets or more dark side knowledge. Sabers he wouldn't be beaten easily. That's retarded.

to access jedi teachings requires tapping into the LIGHT side

which sidious cannot do.

you've just been rolling on floor laughing

Old Post Feb 14th, 2016 11:11 PM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Kylo uses Jedi and Dark Side teachings. You've just been wrong. Again.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2016 11:12 PM
redpill

Kylo uses Jedi and Dark Side teachings. You've just been wrong. Again.

kylo said

i feel the pulse of light.

sidious never said that in any canon source.

you just been redpilled rolling on floor laughing

Old Post Feb 14th, 2016 11:21 PM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Which has nothing to do with actually using it. Wrong again.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2016 11:32 PM
redpill

Which has nothing to do with actually using it. Wrong again.

how can you use what you is against your nature mad laughing

Old Post Feb 14th, 2016 11:38 PM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

First you start by writing in complete, coherent sentences.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2016 12:53 AM
redpill

First you start by writing in complete, coherent sentences.

yoda describes how to use the force

For my ally is the Force. And a powerful ally it is. Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter.

sidious cannot implement this account of the force

Old Post Feb 15th, 2016 01:01 AM
EmperorSidious2
Master of Magic

to access jedi teachings requires tapping into the LIGHT side

which sidious cannot do.

you've just been rolling on floor laughing

You mean to unlock the holocrons themselves I can agree to that since in TCW they needed a Jedi to open it or something like that. I'm sure Sidious had some Jedi locked up somewhere or found a new way to open them. Also this https://youtu.be/dATuq8O3920. 1:19-1:28 Sidious knows multiple aspects of the force not just the dark side. So yea Sidious can use lightside powers. Just choses not to.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2016 02:19 AM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

yoda describes how to use the force

For my ally is the Force. And a powerful ally it is. Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter.

sidious cannot implement this account of the force

I' sure Sidious can bs flowery language. He's done it several times before.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2016 03:14 AM
redpill

You mean to unlock the holocrons themselves I can agree to that since in TCW they needed a Jedi to open it or something like that. I'm sure Sidious had some Jedi locked up somewhere or found a new way to open them. Also this https://youtu.be/dATuq8O3920. 1:19-1:28 Sidious knows multiple aspects of the force not just the dark side. So yea Sidious can use lightside powers. Just choses not to.

per yoda,

to use the light side, you must embrace it

Old Post Feb 15th, 2016 03:21 AM