KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Greatest game you never played

Greatest game you never played
Started by: cdtm

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cdtm

Greatest game you never played

Games that didn't do well, that you'd recommend.

I was very, very impressed with Enslaved: Odyssey to the West when I bought it a few years back. Visually, it kind of reminded me of something I'd expect to see on Nintendo, with the colorful environments, and I liked the characters more then what something like Bioshock Infinite gave us..

And the ending rush defined epic.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2016 03:29 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yeah, Enslaved was a very good game. You can get it on Steam if you can't find a hard copy.

Games that I thought were good - great that I don't think a ton of people played.

1. Bulletstorm - ****ing fun as shit and interesting locale.
2. Call of Juerez: Gunslinger
3. Door Kickers - very interesting top down turn-based/real time counter terrorist thingy.
4. Wargame Red Dragon - not really well know mainstream but RTS fans love it. I think it's probably the best RTS out there in the last few years. ****ing tough to master but awesome if you do.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2016 03:53 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Resident Evil Outbreak File #1 and #2. 10/10 Imo.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Feb 16th, 2016 04:05 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Smasandian
Bulletstorm - ****ing fun as shit and interesting locale.

Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Resident Evil Outbreak File #1 and #2.

thumb up

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2016 04:14 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Clive Barker's Undying- one of the best FPS I have ever played. It's on PC, and it is far far superior to Clive Barkers Jericho game. It has a wonderful horror-like atmosphere, cool game play, great sound effects, etc.

Then there is Anachronox, also for PC. Gameplay is similar to FF7, but it's got an epic storyline with a lot of humor in it. For example you can get a drunken mexican super hero in your party. This game is on steam.

Then you have Phantom Dust on the xbox. It's just a really awesome game. A very unique game, I've never played anything like it.

Also on xbox is Breakdown, a FPS. Has an interesting storyline and does super powered fights quite well for a FPS.

I also think Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines didn't get the love it deserved. I love the World of Darkness and that is one of the best vampire video games I have ever played. It truly captures the look and feel of the World of Darkness.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2016 03:59 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Republic Commando.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Feb 16th, 2016 04:24 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Tzeentch
Republic Commando.
**** yeah.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Feb 16th, 2016 06:35 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Freedom Force games.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2016 11:59 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by Surtur
The Freedom Force games.

FOR FREEEDOM!

The fan mods really made that series. Once had Galactus and Spectre duking it out, and another time the Decepticons invaded Freedom City.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2016 12:13 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Then there is Anachronox, also for PC. Gameplay is similar to FF7, but it's got an epic storyline with a lot of humor in it. For example you can get a drunken mexican super hero in your party. This game is on steam..

Seen this one on GOG

also Steam blows for older games.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2016 12:46 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah especially the one mod for Freedom Force vs the Third Reich. But I'm not talking about a mod that adds new levels, rather one that adds a whole shitload of new feats and powers..as well as new custom animations for the powers(like the green boxing glove a GL is known for shooting at enemies). Cool new additions like telekinesis.

http://www.mike.va.com.au/ffx/index.htm

I always thought the second game was the best. It does neat stuff like allowing you to play as Timemaster.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2016 12:47 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Kazenji
Seen this one on GOG

also Steam blows for older games.

Why does it blow?

Old Post Feb 17th, 2016 12:49 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Why does it blow?

They (Whoever it may be) fail at getting older games to work on modern operating systems imo.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2016 12:50 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Yeah especially the one mod for Freedom Force vs the Third Reich. But I'm not talking about a mod that adds new levels, rather one that adds a whole shitload of new feats and powers..as well as new custom animations for the powers(like the green boxing glove a GL is known for shooting at enemies). Cool new additions like telekinesis.

http://www.mike.va.com.au/ffx/index.htm

I always thought the second game was the best. It does neat stuff like allowing you to play as Timemaster.

****ing love that game. So many hours wasted adding characters and setting up dream fights.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Feb 17th, 2016 01:03 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Geist on the GameCube.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2016 02:03 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Originally posted by Kazenji
They (Whoever it may be) fail at getting older games to work on modern operating systems imo.

Steam is just a store. GOG was about making older games works.

Not sure why you think Steam should be making sure games work on modern systems. It's a just a store. It's the publishers responsible.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2016 12:47 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Got Sacred Citadel through the Games with Gold deal.

Seems pretty good to me. Like a modern day take on Golden Axe.

Not sure why it's been panned by reviewers. Maybe because it isn't gimmicky? God forbid anyone makes a straight up brawler without a hook, whether it's using a previous ip or ramps up the crudeness..

Old Post Feb 17th, 2016 04:33 PM
Jmanghan

Not sure why you think Steam should be making sure games work on modern systems. It's a just a store. It's the publishers responsible.

Actually, its also Steam's fault.

Case in point, I bought KOTOR 1 off the gamestop PC store app, and it worked fine.

Yet on Steam you hear issues of stuttering, hard crashes, glitches and stuff.

It works great for SOME new games. -COUGH- ARKHAM KNIGHT!!! -COUGH-

But for a lot of the games, I'd rather pirate a game then buy it off steam because it'd probably run better.

Even Skyrim under recommended settings was running like shit for me, and this was when my pc was in good condition.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Feb 18th, 2016 09:30 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Of course Steam is only interested in making cash roll eyes (sarcastic)

we don't care if we continue to sell some old games that won't work on modern system's.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2016 09:40 AM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Tough to judge with and without nostalgia glasses.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Feb 18th, 2016 12:18 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote