KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Wonder Woman: Earth One

Wonder Woman: Earth One
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Wonder Woman: Earth One

(please log in to view the image)

OFFICIAL SYNOPSIS:
"From the masterful minds of Grant Morrison (FINAL CRISIS, THE MULTIVERSITY) and Yanick Paquette (SWAMP THING, BATMAN, INC.) comes the most provocative origin of Wonder Woman you've ever seen -- a wholly unique retelling that still honors her origins.

For millennia, the Amazons of Paradise Island have created a thriving society away from the blight of man. One resident, however, is not satisfied with this secluded life -- Diana, Princess of the Amazons, knows there is more in this world and wants to explore, only to be frustrated by her protective mother, Hippolyta. Diana finds her escape when Air Force pilot Steve Trevor, the first man she has ever seen, crashes onto their shores. With his life hanging in the balance, Diana ventures into the long forbidden world of men. The Amazons chase after her and bring her back to Paradise Island in chains to face trial for breaking their oldest law... staying separated from the world that wronged them.

Thought provoking yet reverent, thoroughly modern but still timeless, the power and courage of Paradise Island's greatest champion -- Wonder Woman -- is introduced in this new addition to DC's New York Times best selling Earth One original graphic novel series."

Source

(please log in to view the image)

-Coming April 12, 2016

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Feb 17th, 2016 at 04:41 PM

Old Post Feb 17th, 2016 04:39 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Thoughts going in? Personally, I think Morrison is going to do a fantastic job with this story.

Can't wait to read it. thumb up

Old Post Feb 17th, 2016 04:42 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AlmightyKfish
This Is No Longer A City.

Considering how long this has been in the pipeline I'm guessing it will be great.

I mean when given enough time to completely finish something like this Morrison is rarely going to disappoint.

Taskmaster The Molecule Man

Old Post Feb 17th, 2016 07:31 PM
AlmightyKfish is currently offline Click here to Send AlmightyKfish a Private Message Find more posts by AlmightyKfish Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Kind of what I was thinking.

The fact that Morrison only writes comics when he gets around to doing so, is one of the reason why most of his projects are gold. He couldn't give a f*ck about corporate deadlines or whathaveyou--he writes comics when he damn well pleases.

And because he takes his time, and isn't concerned with cranking out as many comics as possible in the shortest amount of time, most of his works come out absolutely superb--just look at Multiversity, ffs.

I expect nothing less with this.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2016 11:28 PM
Bentley
Seitei

I dislike lots of the stuff Morrison has done, but I still thinks dis approach of turtle-writting decent comics is better than the option of half-baked stories and mediocre art.

This particular comic, I hope it'll be good.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Feb 18th, 2016 05:45 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

She looks hot. The feminists will rage! Let them come, I am looking forward to it.

Sig made by my mate, the one and only One_Angry_Scot

Old Post Feb 18th, 2016 09:07 AM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Yeah, Morrison has said that this comic will not feature a single fight and is filled with sex scenes as per original idea from Marston.

The rage of feminists will be fun to see.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2016 01:39 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by abhilegend
Yeah, Morrison has said that this comic will not feature a single fight and is filled with sex scenes as per original idea from Marston.

The rage of feminists will be fun to see.

I think more than just feminists would be upset if that were true...

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Feb 19th, 2016 07:52 AM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

F*ck the feminists. If exploitation of women/sex makes for a good comic, then I'm all for it. thumb up

Old Post Feb 19th, 2016 07:45 PM
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Originally posted by Galan007
F*ck the feminists. If exploitation of women/sex makes for a good comic, then I'm all for it. thumb up

A superhero comic without a single fight doesn't sound like a good comic.

Unless it's by Alan Moore or Neil Gaiman...

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Feb 20th, 2016 11:38 PM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I much prefer Morrison over either of them, tbh... Frankly, I loathe Moore. Some of his works are good, but I think they tend to be vastly overrated. /shrug

Old Post Feb 21st, 2016 02:36 AM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

never much of a moore fan either.... i'm a huge gaiman fan though, and morrison as well. i'm not terribly excited about this book however. i'll read it for sure and hope it's great. thumb up

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2016 06:35 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Originally posted by Galan007
I much prefer Morrison over either of them, tbh... Frankly, I loathe Moore. Some of his works are good, but I think they tend to be vastly overrated. /shrug

Them's fightin' words, son...

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2016 06:44 PM
krisblaze

Wonder Woman desperately needs some Morrison-love.

One of the few characters who have good runs but very few of exceptional quality.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2016 06:45 PM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

it's true. if there is a character who has more potential but is more frequently f'd up in comics than ww, i'd like to know who it is (throw i'd throw cap marvel (billy) into that category as well....). she's been around for what--70 years, give or take a couple? and what is her definitive arc? anyone? definitive writer? i liked luke's stuff, and jimenez's and a lot of perez's early stuff was pretty good) hell, who even can name more than 3 of her rogues?

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2016 11:05 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

Originally posted by leonidas
it's true. if there is a character who has more potential but is more frequently f'd up in comics than ww, i'd like to know who it is (throw i'd throw cap marvel (billy) into that category as well....). she's been around for what--70 years, give or take a couple? and what is her definitive arc? anyone? definitive writer? i liked luke's stuff, and jimenez's and a lot of perez's early stuff was pretty good) hell, who even can name more than 3 of her rogues?
The writers are too preocupied with agendas to actually write good stories with her. She has no definite arc, she has no definite writer except William Marston and they don't want to go there (many will try to say Perez, or Rucka, but..), she has somewhat of a rogue gallery [Ares, Cheetah, Circe], but besides Ares all are boring as fock...

So yeah.
She can be Thor. Unfortunately, she's a disguised feminism avatar.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2016 11:09 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

i'm afraid you may be right about that, which is unfortunate. she's the definitive female comic character--i don't think anyone else would even be considered close. but to have such a lack-luster history? it's a marvel of incompetence.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2016 11:28 PM
One Big Mob
Dead

This story sounds like the type of tale Q99 would like to read with me while we feed each other grapes.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2016 02:24 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I'm not much of a Wonder Woman fan--never have been. That being said, Morrison knocked this one out of the park, imo. I thoroughly enjoyed every bit of it.

Definitely recommend. thumb up

Last edited by Galan007 on Apr 12th, 2016 at 08:25 PM

Old Post Apr 12th, 2016 08:19 PM
AlmightyKfish
This Is No Longer A City.

I might grab this at some point, especially as it seems to be a very different kind of Wonder Woman to the one we've seen of the last few decades.

Doesn't it go back to a lot of the kinda pacifist stuff that her creator had in mind in the 50s or whatnot? Rather than the warrior princess mainstream Diana has been a while.

Not that warrior princess Diana is bad, but nice to see one of these Earth One graphic novels actually being a different take on a character, rather than E1 Batman/Superman which just seemed like they were being more 'modern' takes and basically being the same.

Taskmaster The Molecule Man

Old Post Apr 13th, 2016 01:50 PM
AlmightyKfish is currently offline Click here to Send AlmightyKfish a Private Message Find more posts by AlmightyKfish Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote