KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Wonder Woman: Earth One

Wonder Woman: Earth One
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

quote: (post)
Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
I might grab this at some point, especially as it seems to be a very different kind of Wonder Woman to the one we've seen of the last few decades.

Doesn't it go back to a lot of the kinda pacifist stuff that her creator had in mind in the 50s or whatnot? Rather than the warrior princess mainstream Diana has been a while.

Not that warrior princess Diana is bad, but nice to see one of these Earth One graphic novels actually being a different take on a character, rather than E1 Batman/Superman which just seemed like they were being more 'modern' takes and basically being the same.
It's a very different take on WW and the Amazons. I enjoyed the hell out of it.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Apr 13th, 2016 03:57 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
basilisk

Originally posted by krisblaze
Wonder Woman desperately needs some Morrison-love.

One of the few characters who have good runs but very few of exceptional quality.

[QUOTEOriginally posted by Philosophía
The writers are too preocupied with agendas to actually write good stories with her. She has no definite arc, she has no definite writer except William Marston and they don't want to go there (many will try to say Perez, or Rucka, but..), she has somewhat of a rogue gallery [Ares, Cheetah, Circe], but besides Ares all are boring as fock... [/QUOTE]

Originally posted by leonidas
i'm afraid you may be right about that, which is unfortunate. she's the definitive female comic character--i don't think anyone else would even be considered close. but to have such a lack-luster history? it's a marvel of incompetence.

I agree with this, she has a long but uninspiring history which is a shame for a character who has been around that long. While I like her being around in the League, I have to admit to having zero interest in her as an individual character - not much of a personality, lame villains, dull backstory, too many powerups, basically turned into a female Superman. But if anyone can do something interesting with her it would be Morrison, and based on the comments here this one might be worth checking out.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2016 01:55 PM
basilisk is currently offline Click here to Send basilisk a Private Message Find more posts by basilisk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

i actually wasn't crazy about the series tbh. and i wasn't crazy about her revamped origin at all. i really liked her link to the gods that her origin allowed. there is still SOME tie, clearly, in this revamp, but it's not the same in terms of diana's direct relationship to the gods. that was always my favourite part of the character and it allowed for some of the best stories and a lot of cool development as she struggled to figure out exactly what she was. there were some VERY good wonder woman arcs over the years, but there were a LOT of terrible ones, and really no single DEFINITIVE one. i was hoping this series could be the one--or at least a good starting point for one. i found it boring and i don't think it really started anything new or interesting imo.... sad

Old Post Apr 30th, 2016 02:24 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Lemme just weigh in to rankle more egos:

Gaiman >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Moore >> Morrison

I admit only that Morrison has unique, ambitious ideas. I think his execution sucks most times, and that he's one of the most overrated writers in comics.

yes

Old Post Apr 30th, 2016 02:43 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Digi

I admit only that Morrison has unique, ambitious ideas. I think his execution sucks most times, and that he's one of the most overrated writers in comics.

yes

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Apr 30th, 2016 06:40 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

that's one of the best smilies ever. laughing out loud

Old Post Apr 30th, 2016 08:50 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by Digi

yes

Late April fool joke?

Old Post May 3rd, 2016 04:58 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote