KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » USH'S STAR WARS GAME- C II VII (LIGHT SIDE)- The Secret of the White Fortress

USH'S STAR WARS GAME- C II VII (LIGHT SIDE)- The Secret of the White Fortress
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Brit
Duchess

I imagine that consists more of crawling through the rubble like wretched beings than mingling in the White Fortress' nightlife. Unless they've spent time restoring ancient space pirate bars.

Punch your lights out, hit the pavement
That's what I call entertainment
Causing problems makes you famous
All the silence makes a statement

Old Post Apr 12th, 2016 02:38 AM
Brit is currently offline Click here to Send Brit a Private Message Find more posts by Brit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Brit
Duchess

In any case, Jelena gladly takes Essallin along, not keen on the idea of leaving the Padawans alone to be preyed upon by roving Dark Jedi or a band such as the one that 'welcomed' them.

"I believe in you, Essallin," Jelena will affirm, "but this place is beyond dangerous for the likes of us, and we must all band together to stay strong, and trust in the guidance of the Force to see us through."

Old Post Apr 12th, 2016 02:49 AM
Brit is currently offline Click here to Send Brit a Private Message Find more posts by Brit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rio Rio

Rast just makes sure his equipment is ready for the mission before following Xeth's lead to investigate the White Fortress's perimeter. He gives a nod to Team Mingle but says little otherwise as he walks off with Team Observe.

He starts to keep an eye out for any miscreants that might give them trouble on the way over, scoped rifle at the ready.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2016 04:36 PM
Rio Rio is currently offline Click here to Send Rio Rio a Private Message Find more posts by Rio Rio Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Brit
Duchess

Mingle group - Do we have ideas on what we want to ask to find out general information?

Old Post Apr 15th, 2016 02:31 AM
Vera21
Vera Vera Vera!

Xeth outlined it pretty well above. We need to know about Kuylen's operation here. That rebellion seems significant, too, but probably not the best thing to ask first.

Nice trick.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2016 02:49 AM
Vera21 is currently offline Click here to Send Vera21 a Private Message Find more posts by Vera21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Craft
CTE

Maybe we should look for larger gatherings to get the most variety of information? Smaller groups might be suspicious and less likely to talk while with a larger group we're more likely to get some gossip going.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2016 01:33 PM
Craft is currently offline Click here to Send Craft a Private Message Find more posts by Craft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Brit
Duchess

That's true. We want to fit in, not scare everyone off.

What a funny image, us scaring others...

Old Post Apr 15th, 2016 08:10 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Right! Let's get this back on the road!

Scouty- team- well, technically speaking, you are already within the walls of the White Fortress. So many outer walls have been built and re-built and knocked down and re-assembled, that it doesn't so much have a perimeter as a sort of 'zone' of outer walls of various heights. Some of these provide welcome shade from the bright sun, and a lot of the little settlements that have popped up are in such areas.

Hence the actual security perimeter has been set up at an effectively arbitrary point somewhere within. What you have is this- the fortress builds up in layers and layers, getting narrower as it gets higher, though it is less like a pyramid and more like a crazy termite mound. At a certain point, most open routes up have been sealed off and covered with a bunch of electronic security. The exception is five of these routes. As you have been told, the General has five commanders in the upper level; there is one open ascent to each of these zones. However, these ascents are heavily guarded by the commander's men, both at the top and bottom. That would be a heck of a fight to force through (to the point where I am declaring it a game no-go- you'd render yourselves incapable of finishing the game and all it would get you is one level up and surrounded by more grumpy Dark Siders)

Looking around in detail, several options present themselves, though I am always open to others:

1. You somehow talk your way past the guards. That obviously solves all problems but it needs a stonkingly good pitch. It's not something you could improvise or do with words alone

2. You actually get yourselves permission to go up there officially. This means doing a good job impersonating Dark Siders. Doing this without the Lying skill will be near impossible.

3. You somehow render a crossing point uinguarded and sneak through. Like 1, this solves everything but it's impossible to see how you'd do it.

4. You bypass the security and climb a blocked point. Looks like you aren't the first to think of that though- and a few bodies have been left on display as a reminder.

5. You bypass the security ring entirely. There are dozens- perhaps hundreds- of entrances into the interior of the White Fortress all over the place. In theory, you should be able to enter in and pop out of another one higher up, inside the secure zone. Of course, you'd have no idea where you were going, and your Force senses give you a vague idea that it's not at all safe in there.

Other than the anti-air defences, you can't tell from down here what heavy firepower they have up top. This area is not heavily defended in a military sense.

-

Mingle team- no problem finding oaths into the fortress. Trapdoors, abandoned service lifts, old entrances lying under tons of rubble, and even the odd direct stairway- or, for that matter. doors. It's completely uncharted. But you are told by others that people that headed in there have a habit of not coming back.

With one exception that is- apparently, high-and-mighty Lady Adelmo has been nosing around inside the Fortress.

As for the power structure- down here, it;s not very organised. The five commanders up top run a military operation but down here it is at best an associated militia and at worst a straight out gang. You force your way to the top and get the commander's approval (if you don't get it, he likely eliminates you and it's someone else's turn).

As for the operation- no direct information here, especially as you are newbie casuals. But something big is coming soon, this army is designed to be used, and the pitch is freedom from the clutches of the Republic- more particularly, the Bureau.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on May 21st, 2016 at 09:41 PM

Old Post May 21st, 2016 09:28 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

Hmm,
My immediate inclination is the underground/inside route.
Its our best bet for being sneaky, and it plays to our strengths. We've got the force as guidance and are pretty damn good at killing things that might try to eat us.
Or at least we are better at that than attempting to lie our way through or impersonating darkies.

Besides, we want to get into the depths anyway, because thats where the Scrolls are.

Old Post May 22nd, 2016 07:57 PM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jazzman_78
Jedi

Yeah, we're not the most brilliant speakers or liars, so I have to agree that sneakiness is our strongest option. Although we have proved shockingly bad a mazes relatively recently, so I'm game for alternatives.

'Jedi are at their best when things don't go as planned.' - Anakin Skywalker, whom we now know never met Andro Fenris.

Old Post May 24th, 2016 04:08 PM
Jazzman_78 is currently offline Click here to Send Jazzman_78 a Private Message Find more posts by Jazzman_78 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

Also, we don't actually HAVE to go up.
We are just looking to go down. The only reason we have to go up, is to disable the field and call in the calvary.
So I guess there are 2 options. Go loud. Aka, sneak in, disable the field call the calvary and wipe the place. Or go sneaky and try to go and find the Scrolls ourselves without the calvary.
The problem with the second option is that we are fully on our own.

Old Post May 25th, 2016 05:09 AM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jazzman_78
Jedi

I think we need to save the cavalry until we know more about what's inside. If we don't know what the score really is before they come down, we could be responsible for a massacre on our side. Let's get as far as we can, going down. If we're successfully, great if not, then we do still have the cavalry as the nuclear option.

'Jedi are at their best when things don't go as planned.' - Anakin Skywalker, whom we now know never met Andro Fenris.

Old Post May 25th, 2016 04:13 PM
Jazzman_78 is currently offline Click here to Send Jazzman_78 a Private Message Find more posts by Jazzman_78 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Craft
CTE

I worry about relying on the Force too much as a guide when navigating the insides of the Fortress, it's clear other Force users have tried and failed in the past. I think if we try that route we need to get more information somehow, like a map or a guide.

We might be thinking too much about trying to get everyone up at once. If a few of us (the sneakers and the liars) can somehow get inside the security perimeter it opens up options to get the rest up. IE, go up legit and vouch for the others later on and/or find a way to temporarily disable a checkpoint to let the others through.

Old Post May 26th, 2016 01:27 PM
Craft is currently offline Click here to Send Craft a Private Message Find more posts by Craft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bespin Bart
Buggy

I guess the question for navigating the Fortress's underbelly is whether or not hose who tried were on our level, as far as power and skill (aka Force rating and Lightsaber and other combat skills).

Taking the team up in waves might be a better idea, if someone can get to a higher level and get a feel for ways to get us up from within. But at the same time we should still try every route possible to ensure we get up somehow.

THIS IS WHAT WE'VE WAITED FOR
THIS IS IT, BOYS, THIS IS WAR!

Old Post Jun 1st, 2016 07:54 AM
Bespin Bart is currently offline Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I think it's fair to say that although no-one (of the guys around here) has succeeded in navigating the fortress underworld before, I wouldn''t have put it as an option if it was actively impossible, so yes, you guys are better- but it does involve skillsets and tactics.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jun 1st, 2016 12:53 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bespin Bart
Buggy

Perhaps we can gather intel about the fortress underworld as much as we can before tackling that.

Xeth feels confident he could also attempt option #4 and straight up climb, based on his physique and, in case of emergency, Wall Touch. Doing it alone might be a terrible idea, though.

THIS IS WHAT WE'VE WAITED FOR
THIS IS IT, BOYS, THIS IS WAR!

Last edited by Bespin Bart on Jun 3rd, 2016 at 07:48 PM

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2016 07:46 PM
Bespin Bart is currently offline Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Craft
CTE

It's definitely an option if we can get one or two others up there via another route though.

Could be we get a few to sneak up or talk up, try and get some intel on the underground parts of the fortress up there and relay that info to the guys outside to use.

I'm wondering if anything is being delivered from this section to within the wall, like excavations or something. Maybe we could all hide in a bunch of crates. stick out tongue

Old Post Jun 5th, 2016 02:21 AM
Alkaselzer
Thespian

Those talking their way will absolutely need Lying, so that might work for Wentar. Having just bought the skill, not sure how well it would work for Gallagher. What would our pitch be?

Maybe we could see if they're mining for any artifacts outside the Fortress. Adelmo might be looking for clues to the Scrolls or something. Maybe we could "help" in the operation and get in that way?

Old Post Jun 5th, 2016 07:40 AM
Alkaselzer is currently offline Click here to Send Alkaselzer a Private Message Find more posts by Alkaselzer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Craft
CTE

Sorry, when I say talk up I meant more go up officially. I have no idea how we'd convincingly talk our way up without knowing more about how things are run.

That's a good idea! We know enough about Adelmo's hunt for the Scrolls to bluff our way through if we can find any sort of operation.

Side note: I totally wouldn't put it past Kuylen to have already found them but hasn't told Adelmo just to keep her here so he can keep an eye on her.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2016 09:29 AM
Brit
Duchess

Very conniving, those Dark Jedi.

Jelena wants to explore the options of talking our way up or getting the secure points unguarded. Maybe we could instigate some sort of riot or uprising among the lower levels that forces the upper levels to send a force to quell it? Sounds like they're already having problems with rebellion in the ranks, based on Kuylen's speech.

Otherwise, a journey in the dark might be our best option, but we don't want to injure ourselves too badly before getting into the thick of it.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2016 08:34 PM