KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » DC: Rebirth

DC: Rebirth
Started by: Zack M

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Teaser art reveled for this, Out on the net.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2016 04:34 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Yeah, I wonder who's hand is that...
(please log in to view the image)

Kenji Kong, the New Superman from China. Glad Gene got a book where he can do his own thing. His Superman never really worked, IMO.

Priest's Deathstroke should be great.

Detective Comics looks great with Cassandra Cain, Batwoman, and Spoiler. Love the new team.

Godspeed, new Flash villain

Old Post Mar 27th, 2016 08:38 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Lex Luthor as Super Man

Simon Oliver on Constantine.

Superman's Son and Batman's son in Super Sons.

Rucka back on Wonder Woman.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2016 08:40 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vansonbee
Isee

The Chinese Super man and the rest of the teasers look great! I'm guessing Super son's comic is in an alternate reality? God speed design looks legit as a super hero, but he's a villain?

Old Post Mar 27th, 2016 09:01 AM
vansonbee is currently offline Click here to Send vansonbee a Private Message Find more posts by vansonbee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

Why can't the companies produce just good stories and need to reboot every 5 years to get some attention. Most of the reboots could be just alt reality stories...

Sig made by my mate, the one and only One_Angry_Scot

Old Post Mar 27th, 2016 10:11 AM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

^ Its only DC doing the reboots.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2016 10:30 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

It's not a reboot, though.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2016 06:10 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Zack M
Kenji Kong, the New Superman from China.
laughing out loud

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Mar 27th, 2016 06:21 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

What's going on with NU Clark Kent? I heard pre-boot Clark is getting his own book, and I guess some Chinese dude is now too..?

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Mar 27th, 2016 06:43 PM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
What's going on with NU Clark Kent? I heard pre-boot Clark is getting his own book, and I guess some Chinese dude is now too..?

DCnU is staying, but supposedly Action Comics will feature Pre-Flashpoint Superman. I'm assuming the new Chinese Superman will be from Super League, because Superman discovers a hero in China.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2016 06:44 PM
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

Originally posted by Zack M
DCnU is staying, but supposedly Action Comics will feature Pre-Flashpoint Superman. I'm assuming the new Chinese Superman will be from Super League, because Superman discovers a hero in China.

Is he going to have his own book anymore?

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Mar 27th, 2016 06:45 PM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Most of those have me intrigued.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2016 04:02 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

ALL of the Super books feature Pre-52 Superman.
Guessing something happens to New 52 Superman in the rebirth special.

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Old Post Apr 5th, 2016 06:50 AM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Jesus.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Apr 5th, 2016 07:07 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

I wonder who the threat is...

Old Post Apr 7th, 2016 08:26 AM
krisblaze

Kenji - This is a Japanese name.

Good job DC!

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Apr 7th, 2016 08:51 AM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Looks like we'll get SHAZAM, JSA, Legion of Super-Heroes, New Gods during Rebirth.

http://www.newsarama.com/28578-dc-c...irth-recap.html

quote:
"DC Chief Creative Officer and the architect of Rebirth Geoff Johns also confirmed that the Legion of Super-Heroes, JSA, New Gods, and Shazam would all have a place in the post-Rebirth universe, but that each of these properties warranted a major story to herald their return, and needed room to breathe and not get lost among today's announcements. As for pre-Rebirth titles, several, including the previously announced Gotham Academy and Earth 2, will simply be continuations of their previous incarnations, and weren't considered Rebirth properties."

Old Post Apr 9th, 2016 08:43 AM
Senor Cage

GJ explains the Four Chapters to Rebirth:

quote:
“Beginning with DC UNIVERSE: REBIRTH #1, the original universe evolves by mixing traditional values and a modern aesthetic.”

Geoff Johns is telling a story—and it’s got the attention of every-one in the room.

Johns stands in his usual position, in front of a wall-sized dry-erase board, surrounded by a couple dozen DC editorial staffers at the company’s Burbank, CA, HQ Easy-going but confident, Johns—Chief Creative Officer for DC Entertainment, a guiding architect for comics, feature films, TV and video games—laid out his plans for the story that would become DC UNIVERSE REBIRTH #1.

After Johns had finished his presentation and the meeting had adjourned, one of the editors pulled the writer aside and proclaimed, “I wish I could forget everything you just said and read it as a fan.”

The sentiment was shared by many of the editors; they’d attended creator read-throughs before, but none had generated a buzz like this.

It’s Johns’ hope that he can convince fans to avoid spoilers and pick up DC UNIVERSE- REBIRTH with fresh eyes and open minds. He promises it’ll be well worth the effort for a story that’s going to fundamentally shake everything you know about the DC Universe right down to its very core.

“The themes of [DC UNIVERSE: REBIRTH] divide into four chapters,” Johns explains. “The first one is about loss. It focuses on what perhaps has gone missing in our comic books, when it comes to the DC Universe. And historically what the DC Universe really is.

“The second chapter is about legacy. That’s the main thing I feel has been lost from the DC Universe from the New 52 reboot. We’re showing a kind of secret side of the DC Universe, where legacy comes into play again.

“The next chapter is love, and it’s all about the love that’s in the DC Universe…and that which has disappeared from the DC Universe. “The fourth chapter is titled ‘Life,’ which is about both the end and beginning of life.”

Old Post Apr 12th, 2016 06:08 AM
Senor Cage

quote:
And writer Rob Williams lets out this tease… “One of these characters will be joining the team: Doomsday, Mr. Mxyzptlk or General Zod.”

Hmm... I'm thinking Zod.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2016 06:22 AM
Senor Cage

5 Big Mysteries:

quote:
Revealed in this week’s DC Previews, five mysteries being set up in DC Rebirth. Anyone want to make some impromptu guesses?

LINE OF FIRE There will be the mysterious death of a character.

HEROES RETURN You’ll see three characters reintroduced to the DC Universe…with the promise of more.

REVELATIONS A secret that dives into the very nature of why the DC Universe is the way it is.

THE DARK KNIGHT Batman will become focused on a mystery that will change every-thing he knows about his greatest villain.

MULTIVERSAL MAYHEM A secret is exposed about the nature of the DC Universe and why it lost what it lost–and will introduce the greatest threat it has ever faced.

Also, 3 big surprises:

Looks like we'll get a big reveal for the Joker and Rise of the Seven Seas.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/04...erse-rebirth-1/

Old Post Apr 12th, 2016 06:32 AM