KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » DC: Rebirth

DC: Rebirth
Started by: Zack M

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Senor Cage

JSA is back.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Apr 13th, 2016 09:23 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Matthew
Level ??? Con-Man

Hellblazer is back

Old Post Apr 21st, 2016 04:47 AM
Dr. Matthew is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Matthew a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Matthew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I'll most likely just stick with getting Detective Comics & Superman

anything else i'll get it in trades.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2016 07:59 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One_Angry_Scot
----

A new teaser for Rebirth. So there will be another big threat that no one else expected.

I still really want to know whose that hand is in the far right.

Old Post May 5th, 2016 08:46 AM
One_Angry_Scot is currently offline Click here to Send One_Angry_Scot a Private Message Find more posts by One_Angry_Scot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Maybe it's Superwoman and Alex Luthor's Christ-child.

Not that I plan on reading this, but how awesome would it be if they brought back Access for this event? Have him be the catalyst behind why the characters are 'rebirthing'. thumb up

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post May 5th, 2016 03:08 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

the big threat is Batman going evil and defeating the whole DCU embarrasment big grin

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post May 5th, 2016 06:19 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

quote: (post)
Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot
A new teaser for Rebirth. So there will be another big threat that no one else expected.

I still really want to know whose that hand is in the far right.

I hope it's not another Brainiac, Darkseid, Anti-Monitor, etc... Been used to death. I want someone new or a villain that is underused, which I think will happen. Knowing Johns. Can't wait for the event. GJ Darkseid War was pretty cool.

Old Post May 6th, 2016 07:30 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One_Angry_Scot
----

Originally posted by Zack M
I hope it's not another Brainiac, Darkseid, Anti-Monitor, etc... Been used to death. I want someone new or a villain that is underused, which I think will happen. Knowing Johns. Can't wait for the event. GJ Darkseid War was pretty cool.

If it's an Anti-Monitor or Darkseid after Darkseid War then it would show a complete lack of imagination from DC.

At the same time though I'm not sure if they would create a new character or just use a already created villain that is less known (or hero gone bad).

Old Post May 6th, 2016 07:33 PM
One_Angry_Scot is currently offline Click here to Send One_Angry_Scot a Private Message Find more posts by One_Angry_Scot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kevdude
The Hooded Man

Well here's something else DC is changing with Rebirth, their logo is changing. Going back to the old look in a way.

http://www.newsarama.com/29326-dc-c...-rebirth-1.html

The Word

Old Post May 17th, 2016 04:36 PM
kevdude is currently offline Click here to Send kevdude a Private Message Find more posts by kevdude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/05...has-gone-there/

People are shocked, but I will wait until the issue comes out.

Old Post May 21st, 2016 01:47 AM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge spoilers.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: He’s also aware that a darkness has infected the DC, going back from before Flashpoint. He guesses that someone stole 10 years from their lives, fundamentally changing everyone (aka the New 52).

He bounces around the DC Universe, checking in with everyone from Batman to the Atom. Here’s a few things he learns along the way.

During the events of the Darkseid War, Batman learned that there is not one Joker, but three.

An old man in a nursing home is revealed to be Johnny Thunder, who we know as a member of the Justice Society of America. Turns out there was a JSA, but something happened to make the world forget.

A mysterious woman is being interviewed in a police station. She was brought in with a Legion of Superheroes ring.

The Atom aka Ray Palmer is trapped in the microverse, and he left a size-changing belt for Ryan Choi to come save him. Ryan Choi was once the Atom pre-New 52, and now their legacy has been established once again.

Speaking of legacy, we see Blue Beetle Ted Kord talk with new(er) Blue Beelte Jaime Reyes. After Jaime leaves, Doctor Fate appears to Ted. There has been a Doctor Fate in the New 52, but he’s on Earth 2, so this is the return of Doctor Fate proper.

Jessica Cruz is now a Green Lantern and we see Hal tell her about Sinestro.

Aqualad Jackson Hyde is back and now he’s gay.

An unknown person kills Pandora. She was a herald of the New 52, so this rather brutally shuts that chapter of the DCU.

Also from the Darkseid War, Wonder Woman finds out she has a lost twin brother.

And while we’re talking about Darkseid, he’s been reborn as Superwoman’s baby and is in Grail’s care.

There’s a smoking crater in the middle of a park. A majority of the Justice League stand nearby as around as police and civilians gather around. Superman is notably absent. He’s allegedly going to die in Superman #52, out next Wednesday, so this might be where he makes his final stand.

Green Arrow Oliver Queen and Black Canary Dinah Lance currently aren’t together like they were before the New 52. Both lay awake at night with the feeling that they’ve lost something (or someone).

The pre-New 52 Superman (who survived Convergence and is hiding out with Lois and their son Jonathan) is approached by a hooded man.

Wally lands in front of Linda Park, the love of his life before the New 52, but she is unable to tether him.

He jumps again, realizing that if he doesn’t find a tether soon, he will forever merge with the Speed Force and die forever. He sees the New 52 Wally West and realizes that they are distant cousins, both named after their grandfather Wallace West.

Finally, Wally meets Barry, who doesn’t remember him. Wally gives up, realizing that he has no more time left to find a tether, and just as he’s about to evaporate into the Speed Force, Barry remembers! And Barry grabs onto Wally, saving his life and finally tethering him to the physical world.

Wally fills Barry in on everything that happened before Flashpoint, and Barry tries to take the blame for causing the changes of the New 52, but it turns out that’s not what caused the changes. Wally says it was someone else. Someone who removed the friendships, legacies, and relationships between the heroes of the DCU in order to weaken them.

If you add up all the things Wally discovered on his journey, it turns out that the New 52 is the same universe as the pre-Flashpoint universe, only significantly altered, but now it's starting to look like its old self again.

Wally says there’s a war coming with this mysterious being, and back in the Batcave we watch as Batman starts to piece together some clues. Batman sees something shiny in a deep pit inside the Batcave, so he descends to chisel it out of the rock. He pulls out the yellow smiley-face button of the Comedian, complete with a splat of blood. Barry says, “I can feel it. Even now, Barry, we’re being watched.” The story ends.

The beginning of the issue started with a close-up on a watch, but never explained why. In the issue’s epilogue, our view goes from Earth, into space, and settles on Mars. It zooms in on that same watch as it is taken apart in the air, and as we see the clock face, it changes to yellow and black. There’s narration, pulled from the end of Watchmen, the final scene between Dr. Manhattan and Ozymandias, Adrian Veidt.

Mind blown.

Old Post May 21st, 2016 05:38 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

I'll give them this: people are incredibly hard to surprise/shock anymore. This will really do it, though.

Old Post May 22nd, 2016 01:45 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by abhilegend
Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge spoilers.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: He’s also aware that a darkness has infected the DC, going back from before Flashpoint. He guesses that someone stole 10 years from their lives, fundamentally changing everyone (aka the New 52).

He bounces around the DC Universe, checking in with everyone from Batman to the Atom. Here’s a few things he learns along the way.

During the events of the Darkseid War, Batman learned that there is not one Joker, but three.

An old man in a nursing home is revealed to be Johnny Thunder, who we know as a member of the Justice Society of America. Turns out there was a JSA, but something happened to make the world forget.

A mysterious woman is being interviewed in a police station. She was brought in with a Legion of Superheroes ring.

The Atom aka Ray Palmer is trapped in the microverse, and he left a size-changing belt for Ryan Choi to come save him. Ryan Choi was once the Atom pre-New 52, and now their legacy has been established once again.

Speaking of legacy, we see Blue Beetle Ted Kord talk with new(er) Blue Beelte Jaime Reyes. After Jaime leaves, Doctor Fate appears to Ted. There has been a Doctor Fate in the New 52, but he’s on Earth 2, so this is the return of Doctor Fate proper.

Jessica Cruz is now a Green Lantern and we see Hal tell her about Sinestro.

Aqualad Jackson Hyde is back and now he’s gay.

An unknown person kills Pandora. She was a herald of the New 52, so this rather brutally shuts that chapter of the DCU.

Also from the Darkseid War, Wonder Woman finds out she has a lost twin brother.

And while we’re talking about Darkseid, he’s been reborn as Superwoman’s baby and is in Grail’s care.

There’s a smoking crater in the middle of a park. A majority of the Justice League stand nearby as around as police and civilians gather around. Superman is notably absent. He’s allegedly going to die in Superman #52, out next Wednesday, so this might be where he makes his final stand.

Green Arrow Oliver Queen and Black Canary Dinah Lance currently aren’t together like they were before the New 52. Both lay awake at night with the feeling that they’ve lost something (or someone).

The pre-New 52 Superman (who survived Convergence and is hiding out with Lois and their son Jonathan) is approached by a hooded man.

Wally lands in front of Linda Park, the love of his life before the New 52, but she is unable to tether him.

He jumps again, realizing that if he doesn’t find a tether soon, he will forever merge with the Speed Force and die forever. He sees the New 52 Wally West and realizes that they are distant cousins, both named after their grandfather Wallace West.

Finally, Wally meets Barry, who doesn’t remember him. Wally gives up, realizing that he has no more time left to find a tether, and just as he’s about to evaporate into the Speed Force, Barry remembers! And Barry grabs onto Wally, saving his life and finally tethering him to the physical world.

Wally fills Barry in on everything that happened before Flashpoint, and Barry tries to take the blame for causing the changes of the New 52, but it turns out that’s not what caused the changes. Wally says it was someone else. Someone who removed the friendships, legacies, and relationships between the heroes of the DCU in order to weaken them.

If you add up all the things Wally discovered on his journey, it turns out that the New 52 is the same universe as the pre-Flashpoint universe, only significantly altered, but now it's starting to look like its old self again.

Wally says there’s a war coming with this mysterious being, and back in the Batcave we watch as Batman starts to piece together some clues. Batman sees something shiny in a deep pit inside the Batcave, so he descends to chisel it out of the rock. He pulls out the yellow smiley-face button of the Comedian, complete with a splat of blood. Barry says, “I can feel it. Even now, Barry, we’re being watched.” The story ends.

The beginning of the issue started with a close-up on a watch, but never explained why. In the issue’s epilogue, our view goes from Earth, into space, and settles on Mars. It zooms in on that same watch as it is taken apart in the air, and as we see the clock face, it changes to yellow and black. There’s narration, pulled from the end of Watchmen, the final scene between Dr. Manhattan and Ozymandias, Adrian Veidt.

Mind blown.

where's the Batman news at lol

Old Post May 22nd, 2016 02:58 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

So when's this out?

Old Post May 24th, 2016 11:17 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Tomorrow. It's very good.

Old Post May 24th, 2016 07:21 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Darth Thor
So when's this out?

comes out tomorrow.. it looks good but I won't really know until after I buy the issue, then read it

Old Post May 24th, 2016 08:07 PM
Senor Cage

So whoever these forces that are affecting the DCU are [SPOILER - highlight to read]: more powerful than Zoom and Darkseid.

Old Post May 25th, 2016 08:49 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
comes out tomorrow.. it looks good but I won't really know until after I buy the issue, then read it

They're even doing a midnight launch for the book.

Old Post May 25th, 2016 09:22 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Kazenji
They're even doing a midnight launch for the book.

the issue was pretty good.. good seeing [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Wally back .. hopefully they won't make too many mistakes this time

Old Post May 26th, 2016 06:38 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

i'm pretty surprised there hasn't been more chatter about this book, and this event ingeneral.....

anyway, i thought the issue was good. i'm still unclear on what it's supposed to accomplish though.... it feels like the dcnu isn't being replaced by the previous incarnation, but rather it is being blended with the previous. i was sort of under the impression the 2 would co-exist--ie the pre-nu heroes all still existed, but were....somewhere else? iow i thought BOTH versions of the dcu would be shown to exist. now it seems the dcnu IS the previous version, only altered. but stealing 10 years? stealing away some relationships? that was enough to cause all the changes we saw??

i dunno, feels like a massive stretch....

and looking at some of the new rebirth books coming out only confuses me even more. and if this IS the previous universe, only altered, then how exactly are the watchmen a part of things now?

not sure what marvel and dc are doing lately--what ever happened to stories people could actually understand. this feels a bit like a convoluted disaster. i confess to really enjoying some of the characters though, and will keep my fingers crossed that this whole thing works out, somehow, in some coherent way, as it goes along.....

Old Post May 29th, 2016 04:14 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote