KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Ranking TV comic shows

Ranking TV comic shows
Started by: wakkawakkawakka

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

1. The Walking Dead
2. Daredevil
3. Smallville
4. The Flash
5. Jessica Jones

Old Post Mar 1st, 2016 10:12 AM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Jmanghan
GOTHAM, HEY GUYS, GOTHAM? DID YOU HEAR ABOUT GOTHAM? THAT SHOW ABOUT A FICTIONAL DC COMIC BOOK CITY THAT INVOLVES FICTIONAL DC COMIC BOOK CHARACTERS?

Considering that its getting fantastic reviews, not sure why you're ignoring it.

Well it's a top 5 list. Gotham's certainly one of those I tune into every week but just doesn't make it to my Top 5 in recent history.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2016 07:14 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

I don't think I specified 5 in the OP, I apologize if I did, but rather shows that ended no more the 5 years ago as to include Smallville and the like.

Speaking of which I think Smallville should be broken up into two categories: Season 1-6 and Season 7-10. Thoughts?

Old Post Mar 1st, 2016 07:32 PM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Oh right. Not sure where I got Top 5 from

Old Post Mar 1st, 2016 07:46 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
I don't think I specified 5 in the OP, I apologize if I did, but rather shows that ended no more the 5 years ago as to include Smallville and the like.

Speaking of which I think Smallville should be broken up into two categories: Season 1-6 and Season 7-10. Thoughts?

In that case, I think it'd be kinda fair to also break Arrow up between season 1-2 and shitty season 3 through the present.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2016 12:31 AM
Ridley_Prime is online now! Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

I think difference is Arrow just got shitty, and relatively quickly, for no apparent reason.

Whereas Smallville clearly suffered in it's latter seasons from the loss of the Luthors. It was also dragged on as a series for far too long.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2016 01:53 AM
wakkawakkawakka

Didn't some of the writers from Arrow move to work on Flash?

I guess I'll just keep Smallville where it is for not but its a shame its later season kind of bring the whole series down. In it prime it could fair well against the best of the comic shows IMO.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2016 02:19 AM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka

I guess I'll just keep Smallville where it is for not but its a shame its later season kind of bring the whole series down. In it prime it could fair well against the best of the comic shows IMO.

thumb up

The shows creators originally planned for it to last 5-6 seasons. So they just kept it around too long IMO.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2016 01:10 PM
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Darth Thor
thumb up

The shows creators originally planned for it to last 5-6 seasons. So they just kept it around too long IMO.
Supernatural Syndrome.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2016 01:57 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Anyway, Gotham is better then Arrow.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2016 01:57 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Originally posted by Jmanghan
Anyway, Gotham is better then Arrow.

thumb up

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2016 04:21 PM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah see Smallville did have a lot of shitty episodes. Just look at the episode where Pete gets stretchy powers from chewing kryptonite gum. But there are over 200 episodes and when the show was good it was really good. One of my favorite episodes is the one where Lex ends up in the insane asylum at the end.

When it comes to a shared universe I think the DCAU is the best. Far better then the animated Marvel universe as a whole. The Batman, Superman, JL, and JLU shows were good and some of them even a bit disturbing for a supposed "kids" show. Does anyone remember the episode from the Superman cartoon where Clark Kent is apparently "killed" with a car bomb?

Last edited by Surtur on Mar 3rd, 2016 at 04:39 PM

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2016 04:35 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Daredevil is so far above any current DCU live action shows it's hilarious. In four episodes Into Flash and seen all of season 1 Supergirl, the acting, writing, actor chemistry, just seems so far above what DC is doing to me at least

I plan on at least trying to watch Smallville, at least after I finish the X files and Star Trek TNG

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2016 06:31 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Remember though shows like Daredevil and Jessica Jones are a lot different from normal super hero tv shows.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2016 10:20 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Originally posted by carthage
Daredevil is so far above any current DCU live action shows it's hilarious. In four episodes Into Flash and seen all of season 1 Supergirl, the acting, writing, actor chemistry, just seems so far above what DC is doing to me at least

I plan on at least trying to watch Smallville, at least after I finish the X files and Star Trek TNG
Smallville hasn't aged super well, but there are some real gems throughout if you stick with it. Watch up till Lex leaves the show. Anything else is meh besides the JLA and JSA episodes.

Flash almost gives Daredevil a run for its money, seriously. Get more into it. It's easily second place with both it and DD being far above the opposition.

PWNT

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2016 10:21 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah Flash gets a lot better as it goes on in the first season. Definitely just watching 3-4 episodes isn't enough to judge it. DC is finally beginning to build a respectable live action tv universe.

Also I will take the JLU series over any Marvel show, animated or not, any day.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2016 10:25 PM
Darth Thor

Yeah and remember Daredevil is a mini series, whereas Flash is a 22 episode season, so naturally has a lot of "filler" episodes. But the episodes which focus on the main plot are gems. And that S1 finale was fantastic.

Flash and Daredevil are both hilariously above the competition. But comparing Flash to Daredevil is like comparing Avengers to TDK. Both the best in their genre/medium but very different to compare, with one much more super powered fun/comic booky and the other much more gritty and feeling like its based in the "real" world.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2016 10:33 PM
wakkawakkawakka

Idk maybe Daredevil and Flash may be comparable as the former is attached to the rest of the MCU and the Flash managed to entertain me more than Jessica Jones which was another Netflix show.

Was kind of expecting Gotham and Supergirl to be the "Smallville" shows for their respective brands in quality/presentation but that didn't happen unfortunately.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2016 02:49 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

The acting and stuff for Flash isn't really better than the other current DC shows, but with the things it has to compensate along with easily having the least problems out of its CW kin, it wins by default there. Though I still find it difficult to fairly compare any of that to something like Daredevil; different comic shows for different audiences, but I've enjoyed them all mostly, some for different reasons than others.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2016 04:48 AM
Ridley_Prime is online now! Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

For me:

1. Daredevil (by far)
2. Jessica Jones (mainly for David Tennant)
3. Gotham (for the writing and the characters). I love Gotham and never made the mistake of wanting it to be something it's not, which seems to be the main complaint.
4. Flash. At least it tries to have some fun in between the drama.
5. SHIELD. Close tie between Shield and Arrow, but lately Arrow has just become one long endless drama, interspersed with action scenes that are too obviously rehearsed.
6. Arrow (At least it's not Agent Carter).

I never watched Smallvile, so I can't really comment on it. I did enjoy the episodes with Impulse and Aquaman, but just couldn't get into the series.

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2016 09:32 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote