KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Iron Fist (Netflix)

Iron Fist (Netflix)
Started by: BruceSkywalker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (17): « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nephthys
He's a selfish moron.

That's it.

He's the most unlikable person in any of the Netflix shows. Yes, even more than Kilgrave.

But Kilgrave was meant to be unlikable.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2017 08:35 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by 0mega Spawn
2. I see alot people defending Danny not being able to fight because he left before completing his iron fist training laughing out loud
I'm guessing 15 years of intense training doesn't mean 15 years of intense training.

Whomever is saying that isn't paying attention to the show. Rand is the Iron Fist, therefore his training is complete. He has on more than one occasion claimed to be "unbeatable" because that's what being the Iron Fist means.

Recently watched the tournament ep, that was some seriously sad fight choreography and editing.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Mar 24th, 2017 08:37 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
Whomever is saying that isn't paying attention to the show. Rand is the Iron Fist, therefore his training is complete. He has on more than one occasion claimed to be "unbeatable" because that's what being the Iron Fist means.

Recently watched the tournament ep, that was some seriously sad fight choreography and editing.

Yeah, but if his training was complete how come other people are teaching him to do things he didn't even know he could do? Like healing and recharging your chi.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2017 08:38 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
0mega Spawn
TheWarmestSun

He wasn't done completing his iron fist. Which is separate from his prior training.

Being the iron fist requires OJT apparently lol

My Reality Is Your Imagination.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2017 08:41 PM
0mega Spawn is currently offline Click here to Send 0mega Spawn a Private Message Find more posts by 0mega Spawn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Though you would think chi recharging would be a basic skill taught, maybe healing is advanced, but recharging chi seems like it would be kinda needed..and it was literally taught to him within a few minutes. In fact, he learned healing in a few minutes too.

I'm starting to think these monks have a weird teaching system. The Hand is so evil they..taught him to heal and become more powerful in like 10 minutes? Damn them, I guess.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2017 08:42 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Surtur
Yeah, but if his training was complete how come other people are teaching him to do things he didn't even know he could do? Like healing and recharging your chi.

I'm not that far into the show, up to ep 6 or 7 I think. But thus far, everything seems to point to that he's the Iron Fist because he's completed his training, bested the best the monastery had to offer etc.

Wasn't aware the IF was given before you're ready. Really makes no sense. The defender of Kun Lun and he's not fully trained?

Old Post Mar 24th, 2017 08:45 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

He wasn't done completing his iron fist. Which is separate from his prior training.

Being the iron fist requires OJT apparently lol

Honestly doesn't make sense then, considering what he's said.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2017 08:46 PM
0mega Spawn
TheWarmestSun

Honestly doesn't make sense then, considering what he's said.

He also says he Left before completing his iron fist training

Old Post Mar 24th, 2017 08:48 PM
0mega Spawn is currently offline Click here to Send 0mega Spawn a Private Message Find more posts by 0mega Spawn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

He also says he Left before completing his iron fist training

I've either not gotten to that part or I maybe I was taking a piss and missed it.

How is he the IF 'Defender of Kun Lun' if he's still green?

Old Post Mar 24th, 2017 08:49 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm not that far into the show, up to ep 6 or 7 I think. But thus far, everything seems to point to that he's the Iron Fist because he's completed his training, bested the best the monastery had to offer etc.

Wasn't aware the IF was given before you're ready. Really makes no sense. The defender of Kun Lun and he's not fully trained?

Well shit I had assumed you'd seen the entire thing, I don't want to get too specific and spoil anything, but yeah these monks do not seem to be the smartest people.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2017 08:50 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

But Kilgrave was meant to be unlikable.

I know. It's quite a feat actually.

Seriously, it is like they try to make him as unlikable and as big of a failure as possible on purpose. The characters flat out call him stupid, incompetent and childish on multiple occasions and the season explicitly ends on him being the biggest ****-up Ironfist ever.

God, Ward starts off as almost a cartoonishly huge dick and ends the show its true hero. Its incredible.

Last edited by Nephthys on Mar 24th, 2017 at 09:02 PM

Old Post Mar 24th, 2017 08:51 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

I've either not gotten to that part or I maybe I was taking a piss and missed it.

To become the Iron Fist you have to complete a series of trials and then take the heart of Shou-Lao. That gives you the magical power but not knowledge of the full use and extent of it. Even in the comics Danny Rand learns new abilities he himself didn't know he had from prior Iron Fist's like Orson Randall, other Immortal Weapons, etc.

PSN: Illadelph12Prime, Haksaw_Jim_Thugn - Tumblr: Mighty-Illactus
>Z<

Old Post Mar 24th, 2017 08:55 PM
illadelph is currently offline Click here to Send illadelph a Private Message Find more posts by illadelph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
0mega Spawn
TheWarmestSun

OJT I'm guessing lol.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2017 08:56 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Nephthys
I know. It's quite a feat actually.

Seriously, it is like they try to make him as unlikable and as big of a failure as possible on purpose. The characters flat out call him stupid, incompetent and childish on multiple occasions and the season explicitly ends on him being the biggest ****-up Ironfist ever.

God, Ward starts off as almost a cartoonishly huge dick and ends the show its true hero. Its incredible.

Lol yeah, and by the end of the series it seems [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Joy and Davos are talking about killing him, so his closest friends want him gone.

It almost makes you think the hand infiltrated Kun Lun and chose Danny just for laughs.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2017 08:59 PM
0mega Spawn
TheWarmestSun

Lol yeah, and by the end of the series it seems [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Joy and Davos are talking about killing him, so his closest friends want him gone.

It almost makes you think the hand infiltrated Kun Lun and chose Danny just for laughs.

Lol.

I can see that secret meeting happening.

'Let's make that retarded kid the iron fist and send his ass to new York"

Old Post Mar 24th, 2017 09:05 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Here is a question about Gao..[SPOILER - highlight to read]: does she show telekinesis at one point or did she physically knock Danny away?

Old Post Mar 24th, 2017 09:07 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Though you would think chi recharging would be a basic skill taught, maybe healing is advanced, but recharging chi seems like it would be kinda needed..and it was literally taught to him within a few minutes. In fact, he learned healing in a few minutes too.

I'm starting to think these monks have a weird teaching system. The Hand is so evil they..taught him to heal and become more powerful in like 10 minutes? Damn them, I guess.

The Hand are actually more likable than Danny by far. Bakuto and Gao are so much more competent and reasonable than him its insane. They don't even do anything that bad. And they teach him to not suck as the Iron Fist and even help him work through his emotional problems? Like, wtf? The bad guys are better at being good guys than Danny is? What? By the end I genuinely suspect that they may not be all that bad and Danny was just demonising them unfairly and jumping the gun.

How bad can you get when the villain has to give the main character counseling on how to stop sucking? Gao has to tell him how to be less of a **** up. Its insane.

Hell, Danny's presence in the story literally only leads to more pain than if he'd never gotten involved. The only thing different from the beginning at the end is a lot of people suffering and Ward being a better person.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Can't blame them, he actually is that bad. Its so bizarre that the show only seems to support the notion that Danny genuinely is that terrible and really is a hinderance to everyone around him.

Given what happens at the end I wouldn't be surprised. Danny never even suspected that letting the Hand know the Iron Fist had abandoned his post may lead them to attack Kun Lun.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2017 09:10 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Here is a question about Gao..[SPOILER - highlight to read]: does she show telekinesis at one point or did she physically knock Danny away?
Chi.

Come on, man...you should know this.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Mar 24th, 2017 09:36 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

I went in not knowing and not giving a shit about comic Danny Rand.

Enjoyed the show a lot, it's easily the best marvel show after Daredevil. thumb up

Not today, not tomorrow...

Last edited by Adam Grimes on Mar 24th, 2017 at 09:54 PM

Old Post Mar 24th, 2017 09:47 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
0mega Spawn
TheWarmestSun

Originally posted by Adam Grimes
I went in not knowing and not giving a shit about comic Danny Rand.

Enjoyed the show a lot, it's easily the best marvel show after Daredevil. thumb up

Are you insuating people are displeased with with show because they're fans of the character? If so lol

They clearly have dropped the ball here. The choreography in the show was objectively bad. Which both the characters, and the plot say is important and out of this world. Clearly it isn't, not even close, and is far from anything good

Last edited by 0mega Spawn on Mar 24th, 2017 at 10:04 PM

Old Post Mar 24th, 2017 09:57 PM