KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Iron Fist (Netflix)

Iron Fist (Netflix)
Started by: BruceSkywalker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (17): « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 14 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

i made this last night

(please log in to view the image)

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Aug 20th, 2017 08:26 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Finally got around to watching this seeing as The Defenders is out. I liked it a lot more than I thought I would. The fight scenes as we all know, don't look as good as DD for instance, but IDK, perhaps a fight between 2 supposed Kung-Fu experts is going to be less brutal and smash mouth than a blind guy taking on drug dealers. I found the show on the whole more enjoyable than JJ and a considerable step up from LC. The whole Meachum family were more compelling characters than Danny though. The best thing on the show is Jessica Henwick IMO.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Aug 21st, 2017 12:17 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Now I'm going to spend the next 2 days binging on The Defenders.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2017 12:18 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ Same. Enjoyed Iron Fist, looking forward to starting on Defenders tomorrow.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2017 12:47 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Finally marathons this. It was good overall. The fight choreography isn't as good as the other Marvel Netflix shows but I still enjoyed the show.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2017 09:58 AM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Inhuman
The fight choreography isn't as good

I thought it was at least better than Iron Fist, like literally, Danny himself seems like he's gotten better/taken lessons from someone.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2017 11:43 PM
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

quote: (post)
Originally posted by samhain
I thought it was at least better than Iron Fist

Wut?

Last edited by Inhuman on Aug 27th, 2017 at 11:55 PM

Old Post Aug 27th, 2017 11:51 PM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ Think he means IF in Defenders fights better than IF in IF.

Because apparently he got lessons in between Lol

Old Post Aug 28th, 2017 09:20 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

^ You cracked my code. Lol. Apologies for not making it clearer. Don't know if it was a different choreography team or if Finn has been getting lessons, or both for that matter, but Danny's fight scenes seemed a little better in Defenders.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2017 07:40 PM
Darth Thor

^ He was the Iron Fist. Protector of Kun-Lun. Hardcore training his whole life, so it definitely wasn't extra lessons lol. Just better choreography I guess.

I think they just went for a different style when they were showing martial artist against martial artist, as opposed to guy's like Daredevil and Punisher who are usually punching thugs and gangsters faces in.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2017 07:43 PM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jun 7th, 2018 10:51 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Yikes, that actually has me worried. Dropping new seasons for all of them in one year (LC s2 this month, DD s3 already confirmed some time ago, and now this)? I hope they aren't rushing things too much. And the first one so far (JJ s2) was not exactly good.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2018 10:29 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Perhaps the length of time between the seasons has been contributing to the lameness, now that we have some consistency the shows could improve a lot. Although that doesn't really help the CW shows.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2018 11:36 AM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

A rumor said the show has vastly improved choreography

but the fights with Colleen were the best iirc

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jun 9th, 2018 06:04 AM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

First Look and possible preview later today at SDCC

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/0...son-2-tomorrow/

Old Post Jul 19th, 2018 07:04 AM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Small teaser
It lands on Netflix September 7th

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cMtrm...ime_continue=46

Old Post Jul 20th, 2018 02:04 AM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

https://screenrant.com/iron-fist-se...ails-comic-con/

Brief description of the footage

Apparently Typhoid Mary is the villain

Old Post Jul 20th, 2018 03:00 AM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

I think this might imply that he gets a mask/costume at some point. I know it's a flashback, but it could inspire him to do something similar. Because, IIRC, it was also mentioned that his experience with Daredevil will have an impact on Danny in S2.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2018 03:41 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Maybe if he wears a mask they can finally get somebody who can actually do kung fu to be Iron Fist.

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2018 05:41 PM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

That's probably the idea, as Finn Jones' efforts are hit-and-miss with a lot of people. In some scenes, he actually doesn't look half bad. But in others, he looks stiff and awkward. I chalk it up to the amount of time they get to rehearse the individual fight scenes. However, if they can stick a professional martial artist/stuntman into the role, things will move along a lot more quickly and end up looking better. Hell, maybe it's why they managed to get this season done so quickly. Didn't need to do as much fight scene prep with Finn as they could just stick guys who were competent from the start in the fights. At least, that's what I hope. Because the alternative is that they rushed it again, in which case it will probably be as bad as s1.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2018 06:40 AM