KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Iron Fist (Netflix)

Iron Fist (Netflix)
Started by: BruceSkywalker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (17): « First ... « 11 12 [13] 14 15 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Yebo. I don't have a problem with him as Danny Rand (I quite liked his cameo in Cage 2, seems his character has developed and matured a bit) but I cringe every time there's a fight scene. Even Bushmaster looked a lot more fluid and comfortable pulling off all those moves.

One of the drawbacks of watching a lot of kung fu movies is that you start to expect a certain level of competence, at the very least, when someone is a self-proclaimed master of martial arts.

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2018 09:56 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Bushmaster actually did pretty well IMO. A lot of the more complex movements, rolls etc. aren't easy to do if you're not familiar with them, never mind making them look good. And he is actually a fairly big, lanky guy, which makes it even more awkward. He was of comparable height to Luke (Colter is 6'3" and Luke refers to himself as that height in the show as well), and quite ripped, if somewhat leaner than Cage.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2018 01:01 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I thought Bushmaster looked great. His capoeira style moves all looked really fluid, like he knew what he was doing and was well-practiced.

I think Jones is capable of it (I thought he was largely decent in Defenders, for example), so I'm crossing my fingers for season 2.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jul 30th, 2018 08:16 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

So, I read that S2 will only be 10 episodes long. Which, honestly, I think is a good thing. If there is one criticism that can be leveled almost universally at the MCU Netflix shows it's that a lot of them don't have enough story for 13 episodes and can drag in parts, or suffer from too much filler content.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2018 05:07 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
staxamillion
Sir Snikts-A-Lot

I think if they focused more on his journey to become iron fist it would be better. I really was hoping for more mysticism ad traditions in iron fist but apparently he left without learning barely anything but how to use the 'iron fist'.

I'd like to see a journey or a montage or something where he levels up more

Old Post Aug 6th, 2018 08:28 PM
staxamillion is currently offline Click here to Send staxamillion a Private Message Find more posts by staxamillion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Well, this season looks like it's going to delve more deeply into his friendship/rivalry with Davos, so we're likely to get more backstory.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2018 02:44 AM
roughrider
Thunderer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Dreampanther
"After a tumultuous response to the casting of Finn Jones as Danny Rand in the upcoming Iron Fist series, Marvel could really use a new notch in their diversity belt. Luckily, MCUExchange and That Hashtag Show can independently confirm that Marvel and Netflix are in the midst of casting Shang-Chi for Iron Fist - which we're told is set to begin production in April.

Additionally, in case anyone had concerns, they are exclusively auditioning males of Asian descent."

Well, we are still waiting for Shang-Chi to show up in live action, as it turns out.

I think it was just something Marvel & Netflix threw out to dampen the criticism over the show and Danny Rand. And it was misguided criticism to say Danny Rand should have been played by a Asian guy; this is what helped make the character unique when he was created. And isn't it ghettoizing to imply that all martial arts characters should be Asian? How is that not a form of stereotyping, all you SJW?

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Aug 7th, 2018 05:05 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kvvWB...me_continue=132

Season 2 second trailer
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Davos is shown with his own version of the Iron fist. Danny punches get front of a truck and blows it or pieces, It looks like Davos Beats him in a fight, some cut scenes showing Danny/Davos training, Davis shatters brick walls with his power

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Aug 16th, 2018 04:36 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

looks like waaaaayyyyyyy better than season 1

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Aug 16th, 2018 04:58 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Overall, choreography, acting, VFX etc. all look much improved. My only gripe is that the villain with a copy of the hero's power thing is kind of overdone by now. Iron Man 1 & 2, Ant-Man, Black Panther, TWS etc.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2018 05:08 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Davos?

Unfortunately, most of Danny's early rogues ARE copies. That, or too hokey for tv Wizards.

They'd need to make up something outside of comics to avoid that.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2018 09:51 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
looks like waaaaayyyyyyy better than season 1

They got a new showrunner, replacing Scott Buck who did season 1 plus Inhumans. The fact those two shows were the worst received critically of anything produced by Marvel Studios wasn't lost on the brass, apparently.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Aug 16th, 2018 10:51 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by roughrider
They got a new showrunner, replacing Scott Buck who did season 1 plus Inhumans. The fact those two shows were the worst received critically of anything produced by Marvel Studios wasn't lost on the brass, apparently.

definitely

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Aug 17th, 2018 03:28 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by roughrider

That's a pretty horrible track record to have. Yeah, no wonder he got the boot. I mean I still maintain that IF s1 is not quite as bad as some critics make it out to be (though it was not good either), but Inhumans was flat-out dog shit.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2018 07:45 AM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Blindspot (Daredevils
Protege) is rumored to appear

https://screenrant.com/iron-fist-se...evil-blindspot/

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Aug 26th, 2018 04:36 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

TONIGHT

Old Post Sep 7th, 2018 01:13 AM
Darth Thor

Really? Damn.

Thats been pretty under the radar.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2018 06:30 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

The actress that plays Typhoid Mary is great

Old Post Sep 7th, 2018 08:52 AM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Mary is going after Davos

Old Post Sep 7th, 2018 11:10 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Most reviews I read said Typhoid Mary was the highlight of what they saw(the first six eps)

Old Post Sep 7th, 2018 12:43 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote