KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Iron Fist (Netflix)

Iron Fist (Netflix)
Started by: BruceSkywalker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (17): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Hearing bad things about this show.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2017 01:23 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

The main issues I have is Finn as a lead, The intro to his character could've been handled better, and the corporate drama shit gets annoying. But once the Hand shows up and Colleen starts helping it picks up.

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Mar 18th, 2017 01:42 AM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
0mega Spawn
TheWarmestSun

Come on people this lazy choreography can't be bothering to me only... I hear alot of complaints but so little about the atrocious choreography.

Other than that I'm enjoying the show.

My Reality Is Your Imagination.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2017 02:10 AM
0mega Spawn is currently offline Click here to Send 0mega Spawn a Private Message Find more posts by 0mega Spawn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Impediment
5 episodes in and this show isn't bad, but it's so f*cking slow. I really hope some momentum builds up.

Pretty much my sentiments as well. Slow burn but enough to keep me interested to see the payoff.

PSN: Illadelph12Prime, Haksaw_Jim_Thugn - Tumblr: Mighty-Illactus
>Z<

Old Post Mar 18th, 2017 03:30 AM
illadelph is currently offline Click here to Send illadelph a Private Message Find more posts by illadelph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

I'm also 5 episodes in. This show does have its problems, but it is nowhere near as bad as some reviewers would have you believe. I think a lot of them just jumped on the "it's in to hate Iron Fist" bandwagon, after all the racial nonsense.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2017 06:08 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's pretty good. Nothing groundbreaking.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2017 06:19 AM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Only 2 episodes in myself. It's still early going, but man is it painful watching everyone treat Danny like a crazy person and feeling they're totally justified because Danny's acting like a crazy person. Like, you just want to shout at the screen "Just don't say anything! You'll be fine, just shut up!"

The choreography is pretty much Jason Bourne instead of Bruce Lee. Which is more or less what I expected, tbh.

Was awesome seeing the Iron Fist at the end though.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2017 06:35 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Watched 6 episodes last night and will try to watch the rest today.

Let's start by just putting it out there: Yes, the fighting scenes are probably the weakest part of the series. And in a show that features arguably the greatest martial artist in the Marvel universe - well, that's not a good thing. Quite frankly, I find Colleen Wing's fighting scenes more believable than Danny Rand's.

But, and this is an important but: While I don't find Finn Jones very convincing as Iron Fist, I do find him quite likable as Danny Rand. And the series is also a little lighter and moves a little faster than Luke Cage.

Don't get me wrong: I liked Cage. I thought it was a good series with a lot of depth. But I also thought it was somewhat plodding and slow in the middle and they could have either made it shorter or made it more exciting to watch.

In short, so far, I'm enjoying Iron Fist. I like the story, the characters, the pace... I just really wish Iron Fist wore a mask, so they could use a stunt double to do the fighting scenes.

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2017 06:55 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Some positives I'm glad to see they brought back [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Davos and seeing the Hand as a larger organization is a plus. But IMO its too little too late, I also didn't what happened with Colleen coming.

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Mar 18th, 2017 09:34 AM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Just watched episode 6. Those [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Hand fighters were painfully disappointing. First two were a bunch of morons. Had Danny on the floor but, instead of going for the kill, they actually stepped back and let him get up, so that they could talk more smack. Same with spider poison girl. Instead of taking things seriously, she decided to dance around and play some kind of weird seductress game. Only one who seemed worth a damn was the last guy, and even he was rather underwhelming.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2017 10:19 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Just watched episode 6. Those [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Hand fighters were painfully disappointing. First two were a bunch of morons. Had Danny on the floor but, instead of going for the kill, they actually stepped back and let him get up, so that they could talk more smack. Same with spider poison girl. Instead of taking things seriously, she decided to dance around and play some kind of weird seductress game. Only one who seemed worth a damn was the last guy, and even he was rather underwhelming.

Ha, watched Episode 7 today (I think it was 7, might have been 8) where he [SPOILER - highlight to read]: encountered the drunken master. Have to admit, my first reaction was: Hey, finally somebody who looks like he's actually trained in martial arts! laughing out loud

Old Post Mar 18th, 2017 12:52 PM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Pretty safe to say the critics are biased or sleep walking through their reviews.

Tbh, Danny acting like an idiot is completely in character from the comics. Completely. This is the same guy who sits through a businesses deal with China, and just before it's finalized said "Wait, China? Like, communist China? Deals off!" It's also the same guy who decided bringing K'un L'un to the midde of New York would be a good idea. smile (EVERYBODY from Cage to Colleen to the original Human Torch shouted "YOU DID WHAAAT?!?" at him.)

Point is, many reviewers are tearing this show up about Danny being airheaded, but spinning it as if that somehow makes him arrogant. If they got their asian actor, would they be all over him for this? Or would it be overlooked or even endearing coming from an asian, where a white guy with flaws just pisses them off?

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Last edited by cdtm on Mar 18th, 2017 at 01:12 PM

Old Post Mar 18th, 2017 01:09 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Watched episode 9 and [SPOILER - highlight to read]: the Hand seems kind of wack. When Nobu was calling the shots, in Daredevil, he literally had a small army of full-blown ninjas working for him. Silent, brutal, no-nonsense killers. Now, first we get those arrogant clowns from the tournament, who seemed more interested in trading insults than trading punches. And then, when Gao is captured, instead of sending a swarm of ninjas, they send some military mooks who are so weak that even Claire and half-dead Colleen can take them out without much trouble. Only Hand member in this series who has impressed me so far is the Drunken Master guy.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2017 06:55 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by cdtm
Only 2 episodes in myself. It's still early going, but man is it painful watching everyone treat Danny like a crazy person and feeling they're totally justified because Danny's acting like a crazy person. Like, you just want to shout at the screen "Just don't say anything! You'll be fine, just shut up!"

The choreography is pretty much Jason Bourne instead of Bruce Lee. Which is more or less what I expected, tbh.

Was awesome seeing the Iron Fist at the end though.

What was pissing me off is Danny apparently grew up as friends of Joy and Ward. The *very* first thing he should have done is immediately begin naming things they had said/done together that nobody else could have possibly known.

He doesn't end up doing this until he car jacks Wards car and gets Ward to hop in. Even though it seemed clear Joy is the more open minded one and also the one who, you know, actually liked him. But no..go appeal to the douche who used to kick you in the balls all the time.

Since I mean yeah..the guy looked like a crazy homeless man. Which is why he immediately should have tried a better way to establish who he was than "it's me guys, Danny! I swear!". Then he trots out facts that anyone could find out, like his birthday.

Last edited by Surtur on Mar 18th, 2017 at 07:59 PM

Old Post Mar 18th, 2017 07:53 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
0mega Spawn
TheWarmestSun

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Watched episode 9 and [SPOILER - highlight to read]: the Hand seems kind of wack. When Nobu was calling the shots, in Daredevil, he literally had a small army of full-blown ninjas working for him. Silent, brutal, no-nonsense killers. Now, first we get those arrogant clowns from the tournament, who seemed more interested in trading insults than trading punches. And then, when Gao is captured, instead of sending a swarm of ninjas, they send some military mooks who are so weak that even Claire and half-dead Colleen can take them out without much trouble. Only Hand member in this series who has impressed me so far is the Drunken Master guy.

I hate to sound like a broken record... But choreography.
DD was a step in the right direction in making bad guys and heroes seem more than human.

Then along came iron fist.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2017 08:03 PM
0mega Spawn is currently offline Click here to Send 0mega Spawn a Private Message Find more posts by 0mega Spawn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

After finishing the series, my final ranking is DD and DD2 at the top, JJ in the middle and then LC and IF.

Both LC and IF had a few problems, imo. LC dragged a bit in the middle, to the point where I felt they could have cut out a few episodes. IF fell short in the one place where it shouldn't have: Fighting choreography.

But make no mistake, I would still ten times rather watch LC or IF than any of the DC superhero shows. At least the Marvel shows feel like they're made by grownups for grownups.

Let's hope Finn Jones uses the time to get lots of kung fu training before shooting for The Defenders starts.

Edit: Crap, I see they've already been shooting The Defenders.

Last edited by Dreampanther on Mar 18th, 2017 at 08:51 PM

Old Post Mar 18th, 2017 08:46 PM
cdtm

Originally posted by 0mega Spawn
I hate to sound like a broken record... But choreography.
DD was a step in the right direction in making bad guys and heroes seem more than human.

Then along came iron fist.

When you could make out what was going on.

The light was so low in spots, you could barely tell what's happening.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2017 09:11 PM
0mega Spawn
TheWarmestSun

i don't think it was that damn dark lol

Old Post Mar 18th, 2017 09:24 PM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Holy **** people are wanking the hell out of [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Bakuto and Davos in CV. I guess getting shitcanned by the lead is an impressive feat and in the case of the former nearly losing to his student.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2017 03:44 AM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

I have never had that problem myself.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2017 03:52 AM