KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » Oracle

Oracle
Started by: ProveAll

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ProveAll

Oracle

SPOILER: FOR THOSE WHO HAVE NOT SEEN RELOADED

Someone had asked about whether the oracle betrayed Neo or what when Smith showed up after she left with seraph. I think it was interesting that when she offered Neo a piece of candy, she opened one up and ate it herself. It appears that this was a trace program (as in the original Matrix--the red pill) which would draw Smith to the Oracle's position and an encounter with Neo. This could have been done in order to bring Neo up to speed on Smith and the threat he poses. The trailer for Revolutions also would seem to indicate that Smith has to be dealt with or else. Neo appears to be "the one" to take care of Smith.

Just some thoughts. Open for adjustment.

Thanks,

David Race(ProveAll)

Old Post May 28th, 2003 03:04 AM
ProveAll is currently offline Click here to Send ProveAll a Private Message Find more posts by ProveAll Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tevesh

i don't agree with that. Smith just happend to find Neo, after all, there are thousands of him

Unless the question is: What isn't the answer?

Old Post May 28th, 2003 06:38 AM
Tevesh is currently offline Click here to Send Tevesh a Private Message Find more posts by Tevesh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
maul's woman

Cool idea ProveAll. I never thought of that candy as the Red Pill. Really cool.

Anyway, it may well be a trace program. That's the beauty of the Matrix idea. Plus we have to remember that the Oracle and the Architect are part of the A.I. This massive intelligence. The Yin and Yang of the A.I.; or the sacred and the profane of the A.I.; the light and the dark, but still part of that massive intelligence.

I simply loved it. big grin

Old Post May 28th, 2003 07:07 PM
maul's woman is currently offline Click here to Send maul's woman a Private Message Find more posts by maul's woman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

all nice and well, but we have [spoiler] tags herewink
just so you know smile

Old Post May 28th, 2003 07:09 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alaba
THE ONE

prove all, that stuff about the red pill is fantastic..i knew there had to be something about the candy, which is a trace stuff. remeber the chinese guy had to hurry the oracle up, probably knowing smith was coming. and then in the revolutions trailer, the chinese guy was shown in a scene battling one the good guys...so the oracle could be bad, or she is just an oracle of both good and evil, who only delivers messages sent through her. oracles are simply voices of a higher authority......like a messenger....

Old Post May 28th, 2003 08:20 PM
alaba is currently offline Click here to Send alaba a Private Message Find more posts by alaba Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
maul's woman

Yes...

Yin and Yang. big grin

Old Post May 28th, 2003 08:29 PM
maul's woman is currently offline Click here to Send maul's woman a Private Message Find more posts by maul's woman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
squarn

seraph the chinese guy may not be a bad guy he did say that you never truly know someone until you fight them

about the candy sounds interesting but if she is the oracle she would know that smith was coming

all in all everyone could be right

FNORD

Old Post May 29th, 2003 08:57 AM
squarn is currently offline Click here to Send squarn a Private Message Find more posts by squarn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ProveAll

Oracle

quote:
Originally posted by squarn
seraph the chinese guy may not be a bad guy he did say that you never truly know someone until you fight them

about the candy sounds interesting but if she is the oracle she would know that smith was coming

all in all everyone could be right

She could have had a good reason not to tell Neo.

Thank you,

David Race(ProveAll)

Old Post May 29th, 2003 12:31 PM
ProveAll is currently offline Click here to Send ProveAll a Private Message Find more posts by ProveAll Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
maul's woman

She doesn't tell Neo everything. She knew that Smith was coming. Of course Smith could do nothing about her. It was Neo who is the true center of attention.

Question is... what is the system testing Neo for really?

The Oracle is the test of his higher self within the Matrix, whereas the Architect is the test of his base self.

Let's say Neo is being groomed by the A.I. for something. Something outside of the system itself and for what purpose?

Old Post May 29th, 2003 07:49 PM
Virus
Replacement Keymaker

this is on a totaly different subject, but i heard that when the actor that played the oracle (gloria foster) died, they had finished shooting all of her matrix reloaded scenes but none of the scenes for revolutions. I noticed in the Enter the Matrix game they had a different actor play her part - and in the revolutions preview after the credits, i hear the same woman from enter the matrix doing a voice over. So does this mean they will have a different actor to play the oracle or will they take out all of her scenes altogether?

"There is a difference between knowing the path, and walking it." - Morpheous

Old Post May 30th, 2003 01:52 AM
Virus is currently offline Click here to Send Virus a Private Message Find more posts by Virus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tevesh

haha...virus! you got the complete opposite avatar as me!

I heard the new lady from enter the matrix is gonna play the oracle in revolutions

Unless the question is: What isn't the answer?

Old Post May 30th, 2003 08:09 AM
Tevesh is currently offline Click here to Send Tevesh a Private Message Find more posts by Tevesh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

That particular topic about the Oracle covered here:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f42/t6188.html

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post May 30th, 2003 09:58 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
maul's woman

The Oracle works in conjunction with the Architect. They are alike yet different and both have as a main focus Neo. The One who isn't.

I think for a spell the Oracle will be quiet. Not contact Neo for a while. That was the purpose of the Architect confronting him. The A.I. is waiting to see Neo's total move. It is also waiting to see what Morpheus is going to do now that the seed of doubt has been planted by the Architect. Morpheus was/is a fanatic. A new program has been written and we will see now what the Oracle will do when Morpheus tries to see her. If he does.

I think that in the past Morpheus was also a chosen person, but the Oracle didn't tell him. Just like the one who freed Morpheus was a "chosen" person by the A.I. Why?

Old Post May 30th, 2003 03:35 PM
Virus
Replacement Keymaker

thanks Ushgarak. if i had played through the game with niobe i would have found that out myself.

"There is a difference between knowing the path, and walking it." - Morpheous

Old Post May 30th, 2003 03:48 PM
Virus is currently offline Click here to Send Virus a Private Message Find more posts by Virus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
maul's woman

Whether or not she is replaced... THE ORACLE will say maybe one last thing to Neo before the overhaul of the entire system. A flushing and reboot. As the events are taking place the A.I. is getting ready for the new "crop".

It's interesting that the Oracle never stays around for a long time talking to Neo. She is the crumb of a slice of cake; whereas the Architects has a very LONG conversation with Neo and he only offers "bitter dregs".

Old Post May 30th, 2003 07:16 PM
alaba
THE ONE

what if morpheous is THE ONE?

Old Post May 30th, 2003 09:19 PM
alaba is currently offline Click here to Send alaba a Private Message Find more posts by alaba Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
maul's woman

Because the anomaly wasn't in him. Even he new that THE ONE will come one day. I believe in the first film he indicated that his own liberator mentioned that there will be one who will come and free all humans. So Morpheus has never been considered THE ONE by himself or the A.I.

Plus Morpheus never met the Oracle's polar opposite... The Architect. big grin

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2003 04:57 PM
BEST TRINITY

By the way, anyone knows how morpheus found Neo, ithere was any special characteristic that guide him to Neo. I didnt get the explanation in M1.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2003 08:29 PM
BEST TRINITY is currently offline Click here to Send BEST TRINITY a Private Message Find more posts by BEST TRINITY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
maul's woman

There was some dialogue indicating how Morpheus found Neo. Also I think he got some info from the Oracle herself. What the Oracle told Morpheus is different from what the Oracle told Neo and Trinity. This in itself is also a trinity... Morpheus, Trinity and Neo.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2003 04:39 PM
maul's woman

Now that Gloria Foster has been deceased for almost 2 years, the new woman that they chose to be the Oracle will be of a different order. Can't be the same kind of mentality. The same temperment perhaps but mode of exchange will be different. Should be different to match Neo's elevated level. big grin

Old Post Jun 5th, 2003 02:30 PM