KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Rogue One: A Star Wars Story

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
Started by: The Nuul

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (90): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by steverules_2
I made a small mention about hoping it's not crappy like the PT,

And I said let it go. Now moving on:

Originally posted by ares834

Trailer comes out tomorrow!

About time!

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
IMO, it could be just the end scene to connect this to A New Hope

I think he'll be more than a cameo. Apparently they have multiple stunt men in the suit.

Between this and Rebels Quan is crying over his stupidity in lowballing Vader as a "slow robot man!!"

Old Post Apr 7th, 2016 09:40 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Report about Vader's role in Rouge One.

http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/st...ovie-rogue-one/

Old Post Apr 7th, 2016 10:38 AM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Old Post Apr 7th, 2016 12:07 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

rolling on floor laughing

Old Post Apr 7th, 2016 12:17 PM
Beniboybling is currently offline Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

My intial thoughts:

Who is the white-clad Imperial, his insignia suggests an Admiral, is this the new Thrawn?

Who is that robed Sithy guy? Not Vader, and Palpy doesn't bend the knee.

Not sure what to make of the new AT-ATs, they look cool, but where were they at the Battle of Hoth?

I like the lead character, she seems cool. Mothma also looks cool.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2016 12:19 PM
Beniboybling is currently offline Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

I was picturing a cool space heist movie but the trailer looks more generic and explosion/actiony then I'd expected. The female lead looks kickass though.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2016 01:45 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Very, very good teaser. I like the tension in this teaser.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2016 02:58 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Good Trailer. Cant wait.

One little thing though [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Another female lead

Old Post Apr 7th, 2016 04:08 PM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Pretty good trailer. Felicity Jones seemed pretty good in there, though I expect the end is just a red herring and she is disguise not actually defecting. I’m pleasantly surprised to see Mon Mothma. We also get a peek at Alan Tudyk’s droid character running around. And Donnie Yen looks bad ass as always.

As for the villains, I’m definitely getting a Grand Admiral vibe from Ben Mendelsohn what with the white uniform and huge rank insignia. The cape is a nice touch. Perhaps he is the Fleet Admiral at the end of Aftermath. Either way, the character looks fantastic and very majestic. The black cloaked figure is perhaps even more intriguing. Who could it be? He seems to be having an audience with Palpatine due to the Imperial Guards and his outfit seems suitably “Sithy”. Is it Snoke perhaps? Or maybe it’s even Palpatine himself and even he has his masters. I doubt the latter and, certainly, don’t want to see it.

No Vader tease though... sad

Old Post Apr 7th, 2016 05:50 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

why do i get a major hunger games feeling from this? this feels like hunger games made for star wars

other than that i liked it. i won't watch any more trailers though. don't want to have the whole movie spoiled for me. i actually want to enjoy this and hope it's good. I didn't like the last SW movie.

Last edited by Squirrel Fart on Apr 7th, 2016 at 06:02 PM

Old Post Apr 7th, 2016 05:53 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by playa1258
Report about Vader's role in Rouge One.

http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/st...ovie-rogue-one/

Well if it's anything like Godzilla we'll see Vader for at least 3 seconds

Originally posted by Inhuman
Good Trailer. Cant wait.

One little thing though [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Another female lead

erm

Old Post Apr 7th, 2016 06:11 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Originally posted by Firefly218

erm

Well it's not like you can make a movie nowadays without an empowered strong female. So I guess it makes sense.erm

Just an observation. Still going to watch the s*** out of this movie

Old Post Apr 7th, 2016 06:19 PM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

watched the trailer a few times already... I like it.. big fan of felicity jones as well.... can't wait for this to come out ..

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Apr 7th, 2016 06:24 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Well it's not like you can make a movie nowadays without an empowered strong female. So I guess it makes sense.erm

And heaven forbid we have more empowered strong females on screen. no expression

@Ares, I figure that's a possibility. There are also rumours Thrawn will appear in Rebels so I guess we'll see if he's blue or not. One's thing for a certain a Fleet Admiral of significance is being added to Canon.

Concerning the Sithy guy that depends on what you intepret him to be kneeling before, its doesn't look like any kind of holographic projector, more like a carbonite chamber of something. Very curious. Too tall and broad to be Palpy though me thinks.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2016 06:43 PM
Darth Thor

Nice teaser! And I like Lucasfilm has given us 2 new female leads. It's refreshing tbh.

Originally posted by Beniboybling

Who is that robed Sithy guy? Not Vader, and Palpy doesn't bend the knee.

The last Inquisitor maybe?

Or perhaps an early connection to the Knights of Ren? Snoke?

Well if it's anything like Godzilla we'll see Vader for at least 3 seconds

erm

Yeah Gareth Edwards is the one thing that worries me. I hated Godzilla.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2016 07:08 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

I don't remember you ever complaining about the 3 million other tentpole blockbuster movies that've come out with empowered strong male leads HMMMMMM interesting

Old Post Apr 7th, 2016 07:34 PM
Darth Thor

laughing out loud

Old Post Apr 7th, 2016 07:38 PM
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

I don't remember you ever complaining about the 3 million other tentpole blockbuster movies that've come out with empowered strong male leads HMMMMMM interesting
He's got a point. Most people that watch Star Wars are white males. It's the target demographic. If Star Wars keeps casting female leads eventually they're going to lose profit.

I highly doubt this movie will do even 75% of what TFA did.

I think what he's saying is he's sick of the SJW movement.

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post Apr 7th, 2016 07:53 PM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Originally posted by ares834

That is the trailer I watched and I agree with Nuul. It gives off a Hunger games vibe, and hopefully it won't be a Book Four Vibe either.

I feel the same, except that Modern PC/SJW Hollywood thinks EMPOWERED means Mary Sue.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2016 07:55 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Like I said its just an observation. Im not angry or ranting.
This doesnt seem too forced and she will most likely be great.
Just that including empowered women into film seems to be the current trend and if you dont then youll get spammed by SJW's in all forms of social media.

Im just not blind to trends. But I guess its just my imagination.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2016 07:55 PM