KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Rogue One: A Star Wars Story

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
Started by: The Nuul

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (90): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
steverules_2

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ares834

Looks pretty damn good

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Apr 7th, 2016 09:03 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Agree it's refreshing to have more female leads but don't agree with this.

Peoples problem with that was that she just began to use the force and could suddenly overpower a trained force user like Kylo Ren.

Once she's fully trained, then by all means have her kick Ren's butt. And Snoke's while she's at it.
Agreed.

She is better at piloting the falcon than Han too.

It was just too much.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Apr 7th, 2016 09:09 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Agree it's refreshing to have more female leads but don't agree with this.

Peoples problem with that was that she just began to use the force and could suddenly overpower a trained force user like Kylo Ren.

Once she's fully trained, then by all means have her kick Ren's butt. And Snoke's while she's at it.

Yeah she was definitely overpowered in the movie, with how she randomly masters the jedi mind trick with no training is a bit cringe worthy along with the Kylo Ren fight. I don't think it was coming from some feminazi mary sue agenda or anything like lots of ppl were saying though, I think JJ just really wanted his character to be special and kickass.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2016 09:18 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

To be fair to Han if they'd had more fancy CGI when star wars first came out I'm sure we would've had some more bad ass stunts from Han in the falcon.

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Apr 7th, 2016 09:19 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Rey is [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Luke & Leia's offspring. She was deserted because of the incest shame

Old Post Apr 7th, 2016 09:21 PM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Well I guess that's one way to top ESB

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Apr 7th, 2016 09:28 PM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
He's got a point. Most people that watch Star Wars are white males. It's the target demographic. If Star Wars keeps casting female leads eventually they're going to lose profit.

I highly doubt this movie will do even 75% of what TFA did.

I think what he's saying is he's sick of the SJW movement.
Lmao. This just in, most white males don't like women. erm

And I think what most people should be sick of at this point is male protagonists.

Last edited by Beniboybling on Apr 7th, 2016 at 09:38 PM

Old Post Apr 7th, 2016 09:36 PM
Beniboybling is currently offline Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Inhuman
Rey is [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Luke & Leia's offspring. She was deserted because of the incest shame

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Apr 7th, 2016 09:43 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Originally posted by Zack Fair
Agreed.

She is better at piloting the falcon than Han too.

It was just too much.

That entire scene would have been great if Han and chewie were already on the falcon. It would have made more sense not to mention it would have been easier to accept the impossible maneuvers. It would have been a heroic moment that Han would have in the movie.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2016 09:58 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

I'm beginning to think Mendelsohn's character my be a very high ranking ISB agent (perhaps the director?) rather then a Grand Admiral. It would make far more sense for a character that is part of ISB to be protecting the Death Star.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2016 12:14 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ Maybe. But seems to have more of a Grand Admital look.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2016 07:25 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

I doubt he's assigned to the Death Star otherwise surely he would have been a the war table in Yularen's place.

Still guess he could be the director of the ISB, as this is a security issue...

Old Post Apr 8th, 2016 01:08 PM
Beniboybling is currently offline Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

At first I thought this was supposed to be the Han Solo movie since I know he's getting one and he's the biggest rogue in the galaxy, the scruffy nerf herder. So when I saw Twitter blowing up about another main lady I was perplexed, same as when I watched the trailer.

Now that I know that this is different from Han's movie I don't really understand the issue. They needed a new protagonist, they went with a lady. Whether it's James Dean or Felicity Jones, anyone can be a rebel without a cause. Apparently people are worried that this hero will be perfect like Rey but that's silly. One: if the hero can do 600 different things to the point that they render their friends little more than salad dressing, then they're bad regardless of gender. Two: this Jyn Erso chick seems to have actual issues like a chip on her shoulder and a massive attitude towards people who are working for the good of the galaxy. These are faults that can be addressed in a good story, like Han from ANH(though obviously not the same).

Is the character a bit young to be doing all these things? Eh, maybe. Keep in mind that we're now used to adult males as the heroes due to Marvel being the biggest name in Hollywood. They seem to be going with a Hunger Games/Harry Potter like young hero. Got a lot of talent but a lot of teenaged angst. There just isn't enough in the trailer to discredit her imo.

So I think this flick looks fun for now. Obviously we gotta wait and see.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2016 04:13 PM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

The character doesn't seem to be that young to me. Mid-20's maybe, so certainly not Harry Potter/Hunger games age.

Originally posted by Beniboybling
I doubt he's assigned to the Death Star otherwise surely he would have been a the war table in Yularen's place.

Still guess he could be the director of the ISB, as this is a security issue...

True. Of course he could die over the course of the movie as well.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2016 05:48 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Just to be sure - Hayden is not involved in any way?

Old Post Apr 8th, 2016 05:52 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Originally posted by AuraAngel
At first I thought this was supposed to be the Han Solo movie since I know he's getting one and he's the biggest rogue in the galaxy, the scruffy nerf herder. So when I saw Twitter blowing up about another main lady I was perplexed, same as when I watched the trailer.

Now that I know that this is different from Han's movie I don't really understand the issue. They needed a new protagonist, they went with a lady. Whether it's James Dean or Felicity Jones, anyone can be a rebel without a cause. Apparently people are worried that this hero will be perfect like Rey but that's silly. One: if the hero can do 600 different things to the point that they render their friends little more than salad dressing, then they're bad regardless of gender. Two: this Jyn Erso chick seems to have actual issues like a chip on her shoulder and a massive attitude towards people who are working for the good of the galaxy. These are faults that can be addressed in a good story, like Han from ANH(though obviously not the same).

Is the character a bit young to be doing all these things? Eh, maybe. Keep in mind that we're now used to adult males as the heroes due to Marvel being the biggest name in Hollywood. They seem to be going with a Hunger Games/Harry Potter like young hero. Got a lot of talent but a lot of teenaged angst. There just isn't enough in the trailer to discredit her imo.

So I think this flick looks fun for now. Obviously we gotta wait and see.

Except that these movies are now being made by Disney. And that company is way heavy in to is SJWness to Hardcore Extremes. They love to push their political and social beliefs down our throats with a lightsaber.

Like the crap they are pulling with the state of Georgia.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2016 06:37 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Despite what some people may believe. Having the main character of a story be a women or a person of color does not mean the story is SJW.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2016 06:58 PM
Flyattractor

True. But it is a HIGLY unlikely outcome with this movie being made by Disney.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2016 07:01 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Rey was pretty much a female version of Luke. Although Rey was kinda like Han too in the pilot/mechanic aspecterm
Jyn will probably be a female version of Han? Wise cracking, attitude , snarky personality.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2016 07:06 PM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Flyattractor
True. But it is a HIGLY unlikely outcome with this movie being made by Disney.

Right, from the studio that brought us sjw F UCK MEN movies like The Little Mermaid and Mary Poppins...

Old Post Apr 8th, 2016 07:11 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote