KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Rogue One: A Star Wars Story

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
Started by: The Nuul

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (90): « First ... « 85 86 [87] 88 89 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Vader: Do you feel in charge?
Krennic: We built you a planet destroying weapon.
Vader: And this gives you power over me?

lmao

Old Post Apr 13th, 2017 05:47 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

This movie is still lame.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2017 05:55 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Wouldn't call it outright lame but the premise for going to battle was silly.

Alliance Council: "We're not joining you Rebels in attacking Scarif."

Later...

"Rebels attacking Scarif & getting all the fame?!? We must join them!"

Old Post Apr 13th, 2017 06:10 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Yeah...

Old Post Apr 14th, 2017 07:43 AM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Esau Cairn

Later...

"Rebels attacking Scarif & getting all the fame?!? We must join them!"

So basically they sat on the fence until it looked like they were going to win....

Nice Rebels...Nice.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2017 07:33 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Esau Cairn

Well they were hesitant because of Thrawn being around, He basically kicked their asses in a battle before the Battle of Scariff.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2017 08:42 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

Finally saw this. I almost nodded off 3 or 4 times, but I got through it. While it was better than The Force Awakens, unmemorable would be the word that best describes it.

By Stoic

Old Post Apr 16th, 2017 10:20 AM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Better than TFA??? I still find that hard to believe.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2017 07:28 PM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by tkitna
While it was better than The Force Awakens, unmemorable would be the word that best describes it.

"Unmemorable" is definitely the right word for it. TFA is more memorable and more engaging.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2017 07:52 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Originally posted by tkitna
Finally saw this. I almost nodded off 3 or 4 times, but I got through it. While it was better than The Force Awakens, unmemorable would be the word that best describes it.

I know that when I saw it there were at least 3 people that DID NOD OFF during it. I know I came close at least once.

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
"Unmemorable" is definitely the right word for it. TFA is more memorable and more engaging.

Most memorable thing about TFA was how much it RIPPED OFF the Story from Star Wars. *Fuh that Pt 4 NuFanBoyAge Bullshit*

Old Post Apr 18th, 2017 07:58 PM
queeq
Chaos

Yup me too. First time I watched it I actually found myself pretty bored after 25 minutes...

Old Post Apr 20th, 2017 07:33 AM
Flyattractor

Most "Amazing" thing about this movie was how they even made the HUGE Space Battle at the end of the flick seem dull. Freaking Hell. Somehow they made it LAME!!!!!

Old Post Apr 20th, 2017 07:53 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

no expression

That space battle is amazing.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Apr 20th, 2017 08:04 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by -Pr-
no expression

That space battle is amazing.

thumb up

Best space battle scene we've had in the Saga since ROTJ.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2017 10:04 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Actually I liked that. Looked beautiful. Bit of a rehash of ROTJ, but okay.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2017 05:53 PM
Flyattractor

Yeah it LOOKED Good. I am not saying any part of the CGI didn't look good (when we could actually see it when it wasn't all dark and gritty to an extreme) but the actual action of it was nothing new and rather slow and easy to predict. And also chock full of stupid.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2017 07:08 PM
queeq
Chaos

Well, I can't really deny that. wink

Old Post Apr 21st, 2017 06:26 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

https://boundingintocomics.com/2020...-that-mattered/

"Jyn did everything that mattered. Luke fired the last shot, was all."

Uh huh... Not that anyone with half a brain will take this revisionist shit seriously to begin with, or that this book will even make much a profit unlike the other failed merchandise of NU Star Wars, but it's amusing seeing this perspective now, of just how much maliciousness Disney has towards Luke Skywalker which goes beyond his treatment in the sequels. It's one thing to hype up a character they created, but is not like Jyn alone sent out the data of the death star... It was a group effort. Radical feminism strikes again I guess. See, it wasn't enough to have Rey one-up him; they want to destroy Luke Skywalker's legacy from beginning to end because they're mad they didn't create him, or that they can't make someone whose a fraction as memorable. Some I brought this topic up with elsewhere had to think to even remember who Jyn was.

Those who championed Rogue One can still give the film a solid I suppose in spite of this. It is one of the ones that held up the best unlike the ST which suffered the most from a lack of roadmap, but I still prefer Solo personally. Most of RO’s characters didn’t resonate with me enough as mentioned before; Vader’s few scenes I would still say were the best more or less, but Solo had more fanservice throwbacks that I enjoyed overall.

Old Post May 4th, 2020 12:33 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Think we can agree that both "Star Wars Stories" were better than the ST...

Old Post May 4th, 2020 03:04 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

quote:
https://boundingintocomics.com/2020...-that-mattered/

"Jyn did everything that mattered. Luke fired the last shot, was all."

Uh huh... Not that anyone with half a brain will take this revisionist shit seriously to begin with, or that this book will even make much a profit unlike the other failed merchandise of NU Star Wars, but it's amusing seeing this perspective now, of just how much maliciousness Disney has towards Luke Skywalker which goes beyond his treatment in the sequels. It's one thing to hype up a character they created, but is not like Jyn alone sent out the data of the death star... It was a group effort. Radical feminism strikes again I guess. See, it wasn't enough to have Rey one-up him; they want to destroy Luke Skywalker's legacy from beginning to end because they're mad they didn't create him, or that they can't make someone whose a fraction as memorable. Some I brought this topic up with elsewhere had to think to even remember who Jyn was.

Really now?...that book the Alphabet Squadron get's lots of praise from the 'Star Wars Explained' channel.

Old Post May 4th, 2020 03:27 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote