KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Red Dead Redemption 2

Red Dead Redemption 2
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

I would be fine if RDR2 took place before RDR, but personally I don't want it to be focused on John. I think his story has been told and I don't want things to get muddled or whatever. I'd rather it be a completely new cast of characters.

Old Post May 3rd, 2016 04:15 PM
|King Joker| is currently offline Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

This got teased this morning on their twitter!

http://m.ign.com/articles/2016/10/1...on-announcement

PWNT

Old Post Oct 16th, 2016 01:57 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
It's Fat Albert

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Last edited by jaden101 on Oct 18th, 2016 at 12:54 AM

Old Post Oct 18th, 2016 12:49 AM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
It's Fat Albert

Stand in front of a runaway train

Attachment: _20161018_015338.jpg
This has been downloaded 0 time(s).

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Oct 18th, 2016 12:55 AM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

So there going for the Magnificent 7 look.

I think a cool idea would be to play as a sheriff.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2016 11:45 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Click here to Send Smasandian a Private Message Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji

They've already tried multiple character's for GTA 5, So yeah possibly more for this game.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2016 12:24 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji

Red Dead Redemption 2 is official

trailer coming Thursday.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2016 01:26 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yep. Supposedly online is a major part of the game.

And not really a surprise considering how well GTA Online did.

However, if there is any decrease in SP content compared to other Rockstar games then they can go **** themselves because GTA Online is a piece of shit.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2016 01:55 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Click here to Send Smasandian a Private Message Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dvampire
xenogears

Which is better? Uncharted or red dead?

Made by DW

Old Post Oct 18th, 2016 10:21 PM
dvampire is currently offline Click here to Send dvampire a Private Message Find more posts by dvampire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Depends what Uncharted you are talking about?

And both are completely different games and genres.

Personally, I loved both Uncharted 2 and Red Dead Redemption during first playthrough. However, I think Red Dead Redemption is probably the better game in the end. It's fantastic.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2016 11:32 PM
Kazenji

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Smasandian

However, if there is any decrease in SP content compared to other Rockstar games then they can go **** themselves because GTA Online is a piece of shit.

Agreed with GTA online

I played for a while but it was meh, If folks out there like it good for them.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2016 12:17 AM
dvampire
xenogears

Personally, I loved both Uncharted 2 and Red Dead Redemption during first playthrough. However, I think Red Dead Redemption is probably the better game in the end. It's fantastic.

In uncharted, never pick up the shot gun, it only leads to your death because the enemies will sweat you(surround you)! I have the uncharted collection and are currently playing 1. Why is red dead redemption is better? I'm thinking of buying the game next. That really was my first choice when I was in the local store(buying red dead redemption), but I didn't see it so I got uncharted(I read about 3 when they trapped me in the hospital. Thank Jehovah for Obama!).

Made by DW

Old Post Oct 19th, 2016 12:44 AM
dvampire is currently offline Click here to Send dvampire a Private Message Find more posts by dvampire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

As a whole, Red Dead is way better imo. Great single player with an actually well done open world and story, fun game mechanics, and one of the greatest DLC expansions ever made. Uncharted 2 is the best uncharted by far, but I don't think it compares to Red Dead.

PWNT

Old Post Oct 19th, 2016 01:25 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji

Trying to compare apples to oranges.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2016 01:37 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Originally posted by Kazenji
Agreed with GTA online

I played for a while but it was meh, If folks out there like it good for them.

Yeah.

I just hated how ****ing obtuse the system was. In order to play with a friend, I had to login into my own session (which took forevvveeeerrrr) and then they had to join my session (again, forreeeevvvveeeer) and then meet up somewhere in the map.

Then to do activities, I had to start one but drop out whenever I wasn't hosting because there is no mechanic to allow a friend to join a mission with you. If you were not hosting, it was impossible for you to join a mission. Th worst part is when you were not quick enough to exit out of the mission (and sometimes you started the activity in a few seconds) you had to exit it when it started up. Which then made you go through the entire ****ing process of starting your own session and then friend joining the session.

Sometimes it took about half an hour to do on activity. Even worst, the co-op missions had to unlock similarly to the single player portion so you couldn't just start up a co-op mission. It was so ****ing brutal.

And if you had join and all is good......after the mission was over, you were most likely going to get kicked out of your session and you would have to do whole thing over again!

The funny thing....The Division is fantastic for co-op play. Both players log into the game and it takes about 20 seconds to join a friend's server instance. You can fast teleport directly to player and the group sticks together for every mission.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2016 04:11 AM
Arachnid1

Trying to compare apples to oranges.
Third person single player games with a strong focus on story and shooting mechanics can definitely be compared.

PWNT

Old Post Oct 19th, 2016 04:43 AM
Kazenji

Originally posted by Arachnid1
Third person single player games with a strong focus on story and shooting mechanics can definitely be compared.

And one's a open world game with lots of activities and missions and the other is game with linear gameplay.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2016 07:08 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yeah. I agree. Uncharted 2 and Red Dead Redemption are different enough that somebody could like one over the other based on what genre it is.

For instance, a friend of me hates open world games but enjoys games like Uncharted.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2016 03:41 PM
Kazenji

I just think they could've name this game something else rather then re-use the Redemption part of the name.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2016 06:12 AM
Arachnid1

Yeah. I agree. Uncharted 2 and Red Dead Redemption are different enough that somebody could like one over the other based on what genre it is.

For instance, a friend of me hates open world games but enjoys games like Uncharted.
Agreed on that point, but they are still comparable in many aspects

I just think they could've name this game something else rather then re-use the Redemption part of the name.
Yeah, they should have changed it up to keep with tradition. The numbering scheme feels really off

Anyways, we've got a trailer. I like the forest/lake setting mixed with the desert. It looks more varied than the first game.

PWNT

Old Post Oct 20th, 2016 04:13 PM