KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Red Dead Redemption 2

Red Dead Redemption 2
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yeah, I was probably dreaming it would come out this spring but.....can't be surprised.

But considering this is the first actual release date, I'm assuming they are going to hit it.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2018 12:34 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Or at least get the game done by then. It's still a long wait ffs.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2018 01:41 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Smasandian
I'm not sure if there is going to be a PC release.

There wasn't one for the first.....
That's because the first one's code was a phucking nightmare to program. Same reason there hasn't been a remastered version, because they didn't even master it the phucking first time.

Xbone/Ps4 are more similar to PCs so there's a very high chance PC will get the GTAV treatment.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2018 01:44 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Bump.

https://www.techspot.com/news/76541...erwhelming.html

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: First person camera confirmed. No multiple playable characters at the same time.There's children, apparently. Wildlife has received heavy focus by the devs, as it should be. You can only carry two weapon types at the same time.

Can't ****ing wait my friends. thumb up

Old Post Sep 21st, 2018 11:56 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Also read about that your hair and beard grows in the game and you have the option of shaving both if you want to, Won't be like GTA: San Andreas where you visit the barber and it magically appears that way

quote:
If you cut your hair and beard it takes time to grow back. You can't just equip the long hair/beard option.

quote:
Rockstar is clearly trying to expand interaction with its world beyond the "kill" verb. Holding L2 with your gun holstered still locks onto people and animals, but it gives you new contextual options... For horses, this is stuff like "pat", "feed", and "groom"; for people it's "greet", "antagonise", "defuse", etc. You can chat with anyone. It's not an RPG, but it definitely adds to the sense of place.

You know how most open-world games rely on the mobile phone crutch to propel story/lead to new missions? Here, you're just actually in the presence of other gang members a lot, who will lead you to new things to do.

Like GTA San Andreas, eating too much/not enough food will make Arthur fatter/skinnier. You also need to wash - if you're covered in mud and blood people react differently to you.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2018 05:30 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2018 01:24 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Samzed intensified

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2018 03:07 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Better free up some room on your consoles, Supposedly it needs 105 GB free.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2018 07:56 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Holy mother f**k. That's a massive download. Biggest game I've ever had on my ps4 was something like just under 90GB.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2018 01:42 AM
Trocity is currently offline Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Old Post Sep 28th, 2018 03:01 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Meh, big open world with plenty voiceovers, cinematics and a larger online portion...add 4k textures...100 GB's is not suprising.

What is strange was the Shadow of the Tomb Raider was about 20 GB's but there was only a few areas you inhibit and a lot of the resources were reused.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2018 04:01 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn

In anticipation of the game does anyone here remember GUN?

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2018 02:52 AM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Smasandian
Meh, big open world with plenty voiceovers, cinematics and a larger online portion...add 4k textures...100 GB's is not suprising.

What is strange was the Shadow of the Tomb Raider was about 20 GB's but there was only a few areas you inhibit and a lot of the resources were reused.

Or even the Witcher 3 for that matter and that too was smaller then RDR 2's HD space

So the file size will be smaller for the people who still aren't using 4K then?

Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn

Sure do, I have it on Steam it's a ***** to get working properly.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2018 03:06 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Yeah. I also remember Call of Juarez. Good times.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2018 03:10 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn

Never heard of Call of Juarez.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2018 03:12 AM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Originally posted by Kazenji
Or even the Witcher 3 for that matter and that too was smaller then RDR 2's HD space

So the file size will be smaller for the people who still aren't using 4K then?

Sure do, I have it on Steam it's a ***** to get working properly.

Not sure. I suspect maybe? I assume if you have an Xbox One X or a PS4 Pro, it will automatically download the 4k versions. And in reality, why wouldn't it. What's the point on getting those systems if you are not going to take advantage of the extra power.

I'm not sure why RDR2 is a bigger install than Witcher 3. It could be the case that the audio is not compressed as much (original Titanfall download was massive for this reason).

Or there is alot more going on within Red Dead 2 than Witcher 3. The world in Witcher 3 is amazing and is filled with a ton of stuff but there is a lot of re-used assets throughout and a lot of areas with nothing in them.

This could be the case that Red Dead is filled with voiced NPC;s and not a lot of reused assets.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2018 03:24 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Never heard of Call of Juarez.

Then you missed out.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2018 03:29 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Gunslinger was the best one of those Call of Juarez games.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2018 04:31 AM
Impediment
Endless

Who's going to buy this game? This is day one for me.

My PSN name is Impediment.

My Xbox name is Impedimental.

I'm trying to see who is going to buy which version so I can have online friends and interactions.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Oct 11th, 2018 04:24 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Ps4 - Juggtacular

Old Post Oct 11th, 2018 05:54 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote