KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Red Dead Redemption 2

Red Dead Redemption 2
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Heard this game has obnoxiously lengthy animations.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2018 11:18 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

It does. There is a few nagging issues with the game.

It sometimes takes 10ish seconds to hitch your horse. Also, don't try to grab money from something if you are being shot at.....it takes forever.

Another is the context action for picking up items. It took me 1-2 minutes to pick up a gun that was required for a quest. It drove me nuts because there was other items messing up with contextual button press.

Also, the controls are a pile of shit. Holding the A button to keep up with people is annoying as **** and I'm constantly taking out my gun at the worst times. The melee combat is so sloppy that I don't even know if I won or it was the computer deciding it.

Still a fantastic game though.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2018 11:34 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Yeah. I also remember Call of Juarez. Good times.

The first, Call of Juarez was a decent game for the time but, red dead Redemption, destroyed any chance that game had, not to mention the clunky controls for, Call of Juarez. Red dead released a few years earlier and did everything much better.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2018 06:44 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

I’ve been playing this game for a few days now. I’m only abot 20 Hours into the game. I’m at the second camp. As much as I love this game I still feel that we only received half as much as we could have if it weren’t for the, Multiplayer. I’m not sure if the map is bigger or not but I can’t gelp but feel that I’m running the same circles in the same areas. The frame rate also needed a lot of work. The graphics are some of the best you’re going to find just make sure to not turn your head too fast or you’ll find yourself sea sick. I’ll wait until I finish it to give a solid review but as of now it’s a great update to, the first Red dead.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2018 06:51 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Last night I spent about three hours doing several treasure hunts and scored over five thousand dollars in gold bars.

YouTube has excellent videos to tell where to acquire maps and how to solve them.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Nov 16th, 2018 10:42 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yep. For maps, I found the areas where they are located but I had to view a video to find exact location because the prompt to search operates in a very small area.

It's kind of annoying to be honest. They should have added the ability to find search areas with the "hunt" vision mode.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2018 08:33 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

I saw a money clip glitch on YouTube and now I'm doing it. It's only a $20 clip, but the glitch will allow you to pick it up over and over as many times as you like. I have the button on my PS4 controller taped down so I don't have to hold it. I'm already up to 40K.

Last edited by Impediment on Nov 18th, 2018 at 04:06 PM

Old Post Nov 18th, 2018 04:03 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Doesn't that break the immersion though....

Old Post Nov 18th, 2018 04:29 PM
Impediment
Endless

Damn the immersion. I need money. I stopped at 75K, so I'm probably set for the entire rest of the game. I'm on Chapter 2 with 25% story progression.

I can only imagine what Red Dead Online will be like, money-wise.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2018 05:54 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I see. I have 4K and I have run out of things to buy.

On other note, the controls are ****ing terrible in this game. And navigating in tight spaces is very frustrating sometimes.

The LT - RT combo is still confusing after 50-60 hours. Sometimes hitting LT allows you to aim, sometimes it magically moves your head to the closest person. Slightly pressing RT sometimes brings out the gun to aim...sometimes it brings it out and then shoots the ****ing person.

And contextually prompts are all over the place. One mission I had to shoot a door down...so I pressed LT and then it auto aimed my gun towards the lock. I shot it. And then it asks me to either break the lock, or kick the door down. If you are not in the perfect position, its B and you start the break lock animation (which takes 5-10 seconds). If your character is in perfect position, you can hit B to kick the door down (I believe Y turns into break lock).

The problem is your character movement is terrible in close quarters so the prompt were constantly changing. At a given second, it was either B to break lock, or B to kick door down. I must of tried to break the lock 3 times before the game took pity and got one of the NPCs do it.

It totally breaks the immersion for me when I'm watching a 10 second animation of somebody picking the lock when the lock has been blown away by double barrel shotgun.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2018 09:19 PM
Impediment
Endless

Old Post Nov 26th, 2018 08:53 PM
Impediment
Endless

I FINALLY finished the main campaign of Red Dead Redemption 2 and I'm overwhelmed, to be quite honest. This game blew me away on so many levels and still has so much to offer in side missions and trophy challenges towards to coveted Platinum trophy.

And this was only my first play through as an honorable protagonist. Next time I tackle this massive campaign, I plan to play as a villainous character and see what is different from my previous encounters.

10 out of 10, indeed. Bravo to Rockstar for making such an outstanding video game experience.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2018 10:37 AM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Old Post Jan 9th, 2019 10:44 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

I'm still playing this. It's good, feels like there's no real narrative, though, just a series of sidequests more or less, which makes it less engaging for me than the first game.

Some great stuff in it, though, and the world is great. Encountered my first KKK meeting the other night out in the woods, listened to them for a while and then threw a stick of dynamite in the middle of them, killing something like 12 of them. It was fun.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2019 10:50 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

The more I think about this game after finishing it...the less I like about it.

The mid-late game missions are ****ing slog, mostly unimaginative and story never kept me engaged enough.

How this game is getting most innovative awards is beyond me. It's a typical Rockstar structured game but plays like your high.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2019 11:01 PM
BackFire

I think the nuance in their hunting system is probably the most impressive part about it, and how animals realistically react to you. The rest of the game, I agree, it's pretty standard stuff, essentially just a good open world game with a lot of polish.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2019 11:03 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Its a very well made game...no doubt.

And the hunting is pretty damn good as well considering a lot of other games have problems nailing it down. But ...they still have poker but removed a key amazing feature of allowing cheating. They still have blackjack and five finger fillet. Added dominos, which is neat but annoying to play against a computer....and they removed horseshoes and liars dice.

The core system was frustrating and didn't add anything meaningful. The idea of your camp is a ****ing joke when you realize it doesn't mean anything at all.....and no fast travel.

And the controls are ****ing terrible. For GTA5, it's okay because you drive your car and rarely every run around. In RDR2, there should be a ****ing stat for how many times you hit the damn A button. It's ridiculous.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2019 11:08 PM
BackFire

Yeah, I was reading people's opinion on the game on reddit, and someone made a good point about how the game has all these really interesting and potentially amazing systems in place, and at first you think they'll do something with them or be important, but most of them are pretty worthless, like donating to the camp and what not.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2019 11:11 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

The camp is the worst.....one of my favorite parts of Assassins Creed 2 was the ability to buy stores. Yes, it clicked the OCD collectathon but also gave cash that could be used to buy shit.

Getting meat for your camp means nothing. Unlocking all those upgrades generally means nothing.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2019 11:15 PM
BackFire

Yeah the camp is a bit of a wasted opportunity for sure. Aside from going back there to pick up missions or talk to members of the gang, there's no reason to go there. Even the upgrades don't really serve much a purpose after you unlock fast travel. I know donating things to the camp can raise your honor, but it's not enough. It's too bad. When the game first came out and I was reading about how people were talking about the camp and how you could talk to your buddies there, I thought it was going to essentially be like running around on your ship in the Mass Effect games, with a lot of cool dialogue, but it's little more than just a few throwaway lines.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2019 11:55 PM