KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman
Started by: Time-Immemorial

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (108): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Inhuman
(please log in to view the image)

Members of the same race/ethnicity who haven't mixed with the rest of the world for millennia all look like they're the same race/ethnicity??? Whaaaaaaaaa!

Old Post Mar 25th, 2016 02:33 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Tis the Witcher 3 all over again.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Mar 25th, 2016 02:35 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Anyway, those are all women who are related. Of course they all look like they're the same ethnicity. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Mar 25th, 2016 02:39 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Jesus Christ (Happy Good Friday, btw stick out tongue ) - do they think these are the only four women on the island? The internet has made us such a jump the ***kin' gun culture.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Mar 25th, 2016 02:49 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

As usual diversity aka "lies of liberalism" moves into movies again.

In order for any life to matter, we all have to matter

Old Post Mar 25th, 2016 02:55 PM
Time-Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time-Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time-Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Yah, I'm sick to death of this shit. One reason I'm boycotting Marvel comics atm (not the movies just the comics)

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post Mar 25th, 2016 03:47 PM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

They could introduce different tribes of Amazons on the island to show multiculturalism, and that would be fine. But even if they don't that's fine too. It shouldn't matter in this case.

I thought Thor was going to unnecessary lengths of political correctness when they cast Idris Elba as Heimdall. But they made it work and created sound logic behind it. Do it for that reason, not just to do it.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Mar 25th, 2016 07:12 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Obviously the SJW crowd cares erm

That's two sided at times though. I recall when the brilliant Idris Elba was cast as Heimdall and some people were upset because "Vikings are not black". Regardless that Asgardians aren't really Vikings to being with. Similar happened with Kingpin and the SM rumors of a black SM.

But yeah, complaining that there are no Asian, Black, Latino etc Greeks, silly, imo

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on Mar 25th, 2016 at 07:56 PM

Old Post Mar 25th, 2016 07:47 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

I understand that there needs to be more diversity in comics. But I won't/can't condone swapping a race or sex of a character that's had decades of history behind them just to appease the SJW's. Make new characters and integrate them into your comics universe. It's not hard if you WRITE THEM WELL. But companies would rather take the easy way out and piss off long time fans of said characters. There are times where it works. I'm still not a fan of Idris Elba as Heimdall (and neither is he lol). But I'm not upset about it. I just don't feel it was necessary.

Again, I'd rather see them create new characters and just bring more of the minority characters to the big screen. DC bringing WW in was a great move. Marvel with Black Panther coming up is also great. We need more stuff like that.

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post Mar 25th, 2016 07:55 PM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Originally posted by Robtard
That's two sided at times though. I recall when the brilliant Idris Elba was cast as Heimdall and some people threw a hissy fit because "Vikings are not black". Regardless that Asgardians aren't really Vikings to being with.

The point is that casting a person of a different gender for a character used to be something that sometimes came naturally. Lets say Idris gave the best performance from the people auditioned. Great. He wasn't a forced casting.

The way it is now with these SJW retards is that they are actually trying to "force" these type of castings. Its not something that is in the script or that has to come naturally. Its "fuq your script and vision , we just want to see an empowered woman, a few black folks, a Chinese person thrown in there, and a gay or lesbian character, because reasons"
Its even affecting the people making movies. They cant make what they want. They have to rethink their movie and make it more SJW friendly or else they are going to receive backlash from the interwebz.

Anyhow the point is you cant force or bully studios to make movies diverse , just because it fits whatever agenda sjw are going for.

But yeah, complaining that there are no Asian, Black, Latino etc Greeks, silly, imo

thumb up

Last edited by Inhuman on Mar 25th, 2016 at 08:07 PM

Old Post Mar 25th, 2016 07:57 PM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
I understand that there needs to be more diversity in comics. But I won't/can't condone swapping a race or sex of a character that's had decades of history behind them just to appease the SJW's. Make new characters and integrate them into your comics universe. It's not hard if you WRITE THEM WELL. But companies would rather take the easy way out and piss off long time fans of said characters. There are times where it works. I'm still not a fan of Idris Elba as Heimdall (and neither is he lol). But I'm not upset about it. I just don't feel it was necessary.

Again, I'd rather see them create new characters and just bring more of the minority characters to the big screen. DC bringing WW in was a great move. Marvel with Black Panther coming up is also great. We need more stuff like that.
eg Do you really think Kingpin being black was to appease racial issues though? They needed a large imposing figure and MCD fit that well, that's aside from the Kingpin's skin color not being crucial to the character. He's a criminal mastermind in the comics, his race/color is fairly irrelevant.

Fully with you on bringing out some of the lesser characters, so much potential there.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2016 07:59 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

eg Do you really think Kingpin being black was to appease racial issues though? They needed a large imposing figure and MCD fit that well, that's aside from the Kingpin's skin color not being crucial to the character. He's a criminal mastermind in the comics, his race/color is fairly irrelevant.
Problem is , MCD wasn't a good choice. He didn't come across as a mastermind. It's not his fault really; his dialogue/plot/script were all bad. Vincent D'onofrio's Kingpin however is masterful. And it's not because he's not black. But it does help that he LOOKS like the freaking character. That always helps. I mean, it's like anything else. You see a Porsche and you grow to like it. Then someone comes along and says they're selling you a Porsche when what you're actually getting is a Corvette. Now, it might still be a great car and look great...but it's not what YOU loved.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2016 08:05 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

The point is that casting a person of a different gender for a character used to be something that sometimes came naturally. Lets say Idris gave the best performance from the people auditioned. Great. He wasn't a forced casting.

The way it is now with these SJW retards is that they are actually trying to "force" these type of castings. Its not something that is in the script or that has to come naturally. Its "fuq your script and vision , we just want to see an empowered woman, a few black folks, a Chinese person thrown in there, and a gay or lesbian character, because reasons"
Its even affecting the people making movies. They cant make what they want. They have to rethink their movie and make it more SJW friendly or else they are going to receive backlash from the interwebz.

Anyhow the point is you cant force or bully studios to make movies diverse , just because it fits whatever agenda sjw are going for.

For sure and overall I agree with you, the job should go to the actor who best fits and performed in the audition. Though the studio should offer the role to a diverse group, with an exception (below).

Only time I feel the race/color of an actor should factor in is when it's an integral part of the character they'll be playing. eg Casting a non-black actor, even a great one for say Black Panther would be stupid as being a Black African is crucial to the character.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2016 08:06 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Problem is , MCD wasn't a good choice. He didn't come across as a mastermind. It's not his fault really; his dialogue/plot/script were all bad. Vincent D'onofrio's Kingpin however is masterful. And it's not because he's not black. But it does help that he LOOKS like the freaking character. That always helps. I mean, it's like anything else. You see a Porsche and you grow to like it. Then someone comes along and says they're selling you a Porsche when what you're actually getting is a Corvette. Now, it might still be a great car and look great...but it's not what YOU loved.

D'Onofrio is vastly superior as Kingpin to MCD's portrayal, but that's because he's a superior actor, his skin color is irrelevant, which is/was my initial point with Kingpin.

On that topic, am hoping the positive views Netflix's DD is getting spurned interest in another [reboot] DD flick.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2016 08:11 PM
wakkawakkawakka

Now we have SJW probing at a movie that should already appease them pretty much by existing. Can't remember the year when the Captain Marvel movie launches but DC would have the first female superhero lead on its hands if done correctly.

Which leads me to believe that even if DC process the asinine request to have diversity for the sake of diversity it still wouldn't be enough and said SJWs would still find something to complain about.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2016 08:15 PM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

D'Onofrio is vastly superior as Kingpin to MCD's portrayal, but that's because he's a superior actor, his skin color is irrelevant, which is/was my initial point with Kingpin.

On that topic, am hoping the positive views Netflix's DD is getting spurned interest in another [reboot] DD flick.
Yes, D'onofrio's Kingpin is better. But that's not all on the actor. I feel that D'onofrio has more to work with in regards to script and the general system in place around him.

That being said, I do feel the color of skin IS relevant. And that doesn't make anyone a racist that would prefer a White Kingpin. He's white in the comics. We grew up knowing and "loving" the white Kingpin. So anyone that would prefer a white Kingpin isn't automatically a racist. That's my point. If he was Black to begin with and was cast as a white dude, I'd be just as unhappy. That's the point; that skin color is a thing and shouldn't be dismissed or just brushed off loosely as racism.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2016 08:17 PM
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

nah man. Give me a Netflix Punisher series instead asap.
Also I think DD works better as a netflix show.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2016 08:18 PM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Yes, D'onofrio's Kingpin is better. But that's not all on the actor. I feel that D'onofrio has more to work with in regards to script and the general system in place around him.

That being said, I do feel the color of skin IS relevant. And that doesn't make anyone a racist that would prefer a White Kingpin. He's white in the comics. We grew up knowing and "loving" the white Kingpin. So anyone that would prefer a white Kingpin isn't automatically a racist. That's my point. If he was Black to begin with and was cast as a white dude, I'd be just as unhappy. That's the point; that skin color is a thing and shouldn't be dismissed or just brushed off loosely as racism.

Look at it this way, put MCD in Netflix's DD, I still don't think he would have done as good a role. He wasn't a terrible actor, he's just not Vincent.

I wouldn't call anyone a racist for just wanting a character's skin-color to remain true to the source material, it's just a petty thing to worry about if skin color/race isn't crucial the character. Look at it this way, I'd rather have a great actor of a different skin color than what the character traditionally is that will do the role properly, than have a 'color-correct' meh actor shit all over the role.

Last edited by Robtard on Mar 25th, 2016 at 08:27 PM

Old Post Mar 25th, 2016 08:24 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

nah man. Give me a Netflix Punisher series instead asap.

Also I think DD works better as a netflix show.

I'm hoping for that too. Just not sure if the Punisher can hold an ongoing show alone/as the head. He'll definitely need good character support/roles. Definitely was the best part of DD S2

We can have both though smile

Old Post Mar 25th, 2016 08:26 PM
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

I think it could work with the "ol' Nolan technique" Make the main focus of the show the villains more so than Frank.
Have the show focus on the crime families and certain villains. And have Frank in there in small awesome doses.
I think that can work.

Just like Baleman was a secondary character in his movies.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2016 08:30 PM