KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman
Started by: Time-Immemorial

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (107): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
steverules_2
The doctor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Oxymoron!

While not perfect, I had no complaints about her parts in BvS. She didn't get much screen time, though.

If she'd had more screen time you think you would have some complaints?

TRAITOR!

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Apr 25th, 2016 07:02 AM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW

That's entirely possible.

Either that or it'd be fapping time... big grin

Old Post Apr 25th, 2016 09:51 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Kazenji
Might want to do some research Darth Thor, Your missing the Mediterranean point Esau is bringing up

Israel is on The Mediterranean Sea along with Greece.

I mean technically so is Barcelona and that whole side of Spain.

But meh whatever. Still don't think there was the need for any accent, be it Spanish, Greece or Israeli.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2016 11:54 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Originally posted by Darth Thor

No my argument from the start is she can't act well playing an English speaking role, so why hire her..

Just off the top of my head:

Jackie Chan

Arnold Schwarzenegger

Milla Jovovich

Dolph Lundgren

Jean Reno

Christopher Lambert

All these actors couldn't speak fluent English or none at all before they started their careers in Hollywood.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2016 01:36 PM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Esau Cairn
Just off the top of my head:

Jackie Chan

Arnold Schwarzenegger

Milla Jovovich

Dolph Lundgren

Jean Reno

Christopher Lambert

All these actors couldn't speak fluent English or none at all before they started their careers in Hollywood.

Ok.... And any one of them would have been the right person to play an Iconic Superhero for their first major role right?

Give Gal another 10 years and Maybe she'll be experienced enough and good enough to play Wonder Woman. I just think for now she's terribly miscast.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2016 01:57 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Supreme Snoke

Most people liked her but Darth Thor says screw the masses he says she stinks. This is why you're an idiot. You're a poorly misguided fool with delusional relevance.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2016 02:01 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

And all I'm saying is just give her the same chance & opportunity as the actors I mentioned were given.

As you have your opinion, I honestly would prefer a newcomer to play WW than a well known actress. I just personally think an "exotic" actress playing an "exotic" character is a plus.

The actors I mentioned may not have played superheroes but most of them have played iconic characters (Terminator, Alice, Connor MacLeod) & made those roles as their own.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2016 02:12 PM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ Fair enough. I hope I'm completely wrong and she nails it in the WW movie.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2016 02:13 PM
Robtard
KMC's #1 Rated Member

Pretty much, she looked great in the costume and looked the part, but her acting was too minimal to know if she can carry the role aside from looks for an entire film where she's the focus.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Apr 25th, 2016 05:14 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Supreme Snoke

People aren't even genuinely interested in WW despite her small and delicious role in that trainwreck. It's amusing that so many call me the DC hater.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2016 06:03 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
KMC's #1 Rated Member

TIL: Having concerns over a liked character being cast well means you're actually not interested in said character

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Apr 25th, 2016 06:16 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Browncoat

Originally posted by quanchi112
People aren't even genuinely interested in WW despite her small and delicious role in that trainwreck. It's amusing that so many call me the DC hater.
I'm genuinely interested... Granted I'm not tripping over myself to run to the theater.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2016 06:19 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Supreme Snoke

Originally posted by Robtard
TIL: Having concerns over a liked character being cast well means you're actually not interested in said character
She was the most interesting character in a film centered around Batman and Superman. You disagree which is fine but I call it how it is. I've always done so. You try to put people on boxes when I am just the last honest man on earth.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2016 06:21 PM
Kazenji

Old Post Jul 12th, 2016 06:30 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sathishntfu

what kind of story this movie?

Old Post Jul 12th, 2016 11:28 AM
sathishntfu is currently offline Click here to Send sathishntfu a Private Message Find more posts by sathishntfu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

Originally posted by sathishntfu
what kind of story this movie?
a wonderful one.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2016 12:01 PM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack M

Not sure whether to be happy or not. Both Johns and Heinberg (Young Avengers) have written some great comic stories, but how well would that translate into a good movie script?

Old Post Jul 12th, 2016 05:53 PM
Zack M is currently offline Click here to Send Zack M a Private Message Find more posts by Zack M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-

Considering how much they need a good movie, there's no harm in trying.

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured... the first thought forbidden... the first freedom denied chains us all irrevocably."

Old Post Jul 12th, 2016 06:02 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

I'm more worried about the story coming from Snyder. They need fresh input.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2016 07:31 PM
Kazenji

Old Post Jul 15th, 2016 12:23 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote