KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets (2016)

Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets (2016)
Started by: Kazenji

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « First ... « 8 9 [10]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Well, I tend to agree with him.

He makes a good point. America does have a lot of gall to peddle a character like Captain America. That character has always gotten on my nerves. Although, oddly enough the Captain America films have done pretty well outside the United States, so I guess we're just giving the world what they demand. laughing out loud roll eyes (sarcastic)

Then he better not find out Captain Britain then.... roll eyes (sarcastic)

also Captain America was only "Propaganda" when WW2 was around, He's grown beyond all of that now.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2017 01:27 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Yeah, I get it. It's still nationalistic crap to me, though.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2017 01:56 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Yeah, it is funny to see a character, Specifically created by a Jew to Punch Hitler in the Face, now being turned into a LIteral Nazi by Lefty Nazis.

Way to Honor Kirby's Legacy Marvel.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2017 06:54 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Flyattractor
Yeah, it is funny to see a character, Specifically created by a Jew to Punch Hitler in the Face, now being turned into a LIteral Nazi by Lefty Nazis.

Way to Honor Kirby's Legacy Marvel.

He'll be back to normal

it some bs to do with the cosmic cube, Is the reason the way he is in that Secret Empire story.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2017 03:16 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Haha.. I love Luc Besson. He takes a stab at Captain America...
Tbh it sounds awfully like your typical damage control with a little ol' take-a-jab-at-another-genre to shift blame mixed in for good measure. It doesn't speak very highly of him.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Aug 15th, 2017 04:39 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Originally posted by Kazenji
He'll be back to normal

it some bs to do with the cosmic cube, Is the reason the way he is in that Secret Empire story.

Weren't there 2 of them for a while too?

Old Post Aug 15th, 2017 05:48 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Two of them in Secret Empire?

Old Post Aug 15th, 2017 05:57 AM
Flyattractor

Yeah I saw something where I think the Ult Cap showed up or some such nonsense.

I haven't read one thing of Secret Empire so I am not sure of anything. Frankly outside of some Death's Head apperances or a couple of the Star Wars books, I aint read one thing Marvel for almost 5 years.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2017 06:10 AM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Tbh it sounds awfully like your typical damage control with a little ol' take-a-jab-at-another-genre to shift blame mixed in for good measure. It doesn't speak very highly of him.

It's a reasonable perspective from a non-American, though. And it's his opinion and he's entitled to it. Personally I agree with him, because I'd rather see more films exploring the galaxy and cosmos than films peddling how great and benevolent America is.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2017 01:23 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

In which the Captain America movies don't even do that

if you want that sort of thing go and watch Micheal Bay movies which feature the U.S. military, They go above and beyond on that stuff.

Last edited by Kazenji on Aug 16th, 2017 at 03:48 AM

Old Post Aug 16th, 2017 03:36 AM
Mindset

Haha.. I love Luc Besson. He takes a stab at Captain America...
It's called Captain America because that's the character's name.

If they made a Captain Britain movie it would be called Captain Britain...is that showing Britain's supremacy?

His gripe doesn't make any sense.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Aug 16th, 2017 03:44 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

It's a reasonable perspective from a non-American, though. And it's his opinion and he's entitled to it. Personally I agree with him, because I'd rather see more films exploring the galaxy and cosmos than films peddling how great and benevolent America is.
Lol, as Kaz already pointed out, Captain America's movies don't even do that. Civil War does the opposite, in fact.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Aug 16th, 2017 03:47 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

The Captain America movies have him battling against corruption in the US government in the second, and fighting against the US government (and other governments) in the 3rd because it's trying to overextend its power.

If anything, the Captain America movies are pointing out problems with the government.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Aug 16th, 2017 03:48 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Yeah, I get it. I even liked Winter Soldier. It was actually a pretty legit good movie. But I also realize how the character looks to an outsider.

On another note: I started watching Lucy again. I'm only about 20 min in, but it's better than I remembered. I know it's based on some silly pseudo-science, but forgiving that just for the cool concept and it's pretty cool.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2017 05:29 PM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Mindset
The Captain America movies have him battling against corruption in the US government in the second, and fighting against the US government (and other governments) in the 3rd because it's trying to overextend its power.

If anything, the Captain America movies are pointing out problems with the government.

Yeah plus even in TFA remember he was specifically asked by Dr. Erskine why he wants to kill Germans, to which he replied he doesn't want to kill anyone, he just hates bullies.

So even TFA wasn't some pro-American prop machine. It was simply the story of a simple man with a good heart.

Oh and Interestingly Chris Evans is proper anti-Trump.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2017 05:59 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Luc Besson is a jackass ignorabnt idiot who is jealous nobody saw his crap film..

is this on cable yet?

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Aug 16th, 2017 06:37 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote