KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets (2016)

Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets (2016)
Started by: Kazenji

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

At one point it says something along the lines of "From the people who brought you the 5th Element".

Yeah, I wouldn't advertise that lol.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2017 06:00 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
At one point it says something along the lines of "From the people who brought you the 5th Element".

Yeah, I wouldn't advertise that lol.

Why not? It's a pretty beloved film.

I'm still cautiously optimistic about this. It clearly is going to be a visual feast, but I'm still not convinced that it'll be a good movie. I hope it will be, though.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2017 06:02 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I thought it sucked, but meh.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2017 06:29 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Looks like it could be fun.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2017 07:00 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Let's hope it's good because I hated fifth element.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2017 07:37 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I thought it sucked, but meh.

Originally posted by quanchi112
Let's hope it's good because I hated fifth element.

Really? I've never heard such hate for it before. I mean, I think Chris Tucker's character is extremely annoying and it almost ruins the film for me, but I still rather enjoy the film. His part should have been MUCH smaller.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2017 07:43 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I'm another that liked The Fifth Element, Not sure where the hate is coming from for it.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2017 11:10 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Really? I've never heard such hate for it before. I mean, I think Chris Tucker's character is extremely annoying and it almost ruins the film for me, but I still rather enjoy the film. His part should have been MUCH smaller.

I guess yeah Chris Tucker really kind of ruins it.

Also Gary Oldman looks silly as hell with his weird hair piece thingy.

The universe itself, I admit, seems interesting.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2017 11:20 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

After watching the trailer for this again, I do like the visuals, some of them at least. But I fear it just looks like a bit too much. It just seems like too much to still have a cohesive and interesting narrative. I hope I'm wrong and it will surprise us all, and I do plan to support it because I like stuff like this and I'm sure it will look amazing on a big screen, but my hopes are not very high for it to be a great movie.

no expression

Old Post Mar 30th, 2017 12:07 AM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

looks like total shit

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Mar 30th, 2017 12:19 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Hope its not another Jupiter Ascending, Have to wait until July to see how it resonates with the critics.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2017 04:29 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

The special effects look amazing but it's the emotion and the characters I worry about. The director has plans for a few sequels as well. Sounds like a rich universe with all kids of stories to pull from. Hope it works out.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2017 04:36 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by quanchi112
Sounds like a rich universe with all kids of stories to pull from. Hope it works out.

I'm cheering for this as well. But I'm not entirely encouraged by the footage we're seeing, sadly... sad

Old Post Mar 30th, 2017 03:04 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
I'm cheering for this as well. But I'm not entirely encouraged by the footage we're seeing, sadly... sad
Agreed.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2017 05:33 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Kazenji
Hope its not another Jupiter Ascending,

Damn bro, what is your problem with Jupiter Ascending?

Old Post Mar 30th, 2017 05:42 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Damn bro, what is your problem with Jupiter Ascending?

Also hope it's not another John Carter. Sadly this looks like a combination of the two.

Best movie ever. He's either whispering or screaming.. no inbetween. I actually try to defend the Wachowskis' work. I'm a big fan of The Matrix Trilogy. But I do have a hard time defending Jupiter Ascending. Some nice visuals at times, but it's pretty retarded.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2017 05:56 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah it was a very strange performance Eddie gave there. He's not a bad actor so I have to assume the Wachowskis have just kinda gone a little crazy.

Thinking about it now..their last film I truly enjoyed was V for Vendetta.

Last edited by Surtur on Mar 30th, 2017 at 06:01 PM

Old Post Mar 30th, 2017 05:59 PM
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Looking forward to this. Fifth Element was a good film. I like the style.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2017 07:06 PM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Yeah it was a very strange performance Eddie gave there. He's not a bad actor so I have to assume the Wachowskis have just kinda gone a little crazy.

Thinking about it now..their last film I truly enjoyed was V for Vendetta.

Yeah, his bad acting there is probably due to poor direction. That was definitely not the right way to play that role.

They wrote V for Vendetta, but didn't direct it. Very good movie, though yes. They seem to be better doing subversive, rebellious stuff. Bound is a great little film. I think it was only made for $5 million and they just did it to prove they could make a movie before they were given $65 million to make The Matrix.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2017 07:29 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

[B]Damn bro, what is your problem with Jupiter Ascending?

Damn bro, Then what's your problem with The Fifth Element then.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2017 06:09 AM