KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets (2016)

Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets (2016)
Started by: Kazenji

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by quanchi112
Your opinion is shit personified.
Aww, someone decided to come out of the basement.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2017 06:10 PM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Tzeentch
This movie is ****ed. Its the most expensive french film ever made, and its going to utterly flop.

Im going to see it anyway, because the visuals look nice and I want to support big sci-fi, but this film is going to get screwed in the box office. I dont think even china will save it.

The budget is huge. $180 million. That's a big deficit to overcome for a movie like this.

Hopefully the film is better than it looks and maybe it will therefore surprise us at the box office. I'm trying to maintain some hope.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2017 06:56 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

New trailer I think...

Old Post May 24th, 2017 02:34 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Nice trailer. I'm looking forward to this.

Old Post May 25th, 2017 03:18 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Looks like it wants to be a Hipster Emo Star Wars.

Which is funny cause that is what Star Wars is trying to be.

Skip till it hits disc.

Old Post May 25th, 2017 06:21 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by ares834
Nice trailer. I'm looking forward to this.

It looks like it could at least be fun visually, though I remain skeptical that it will have stellar (pardon the pun) storytelling and characters.

Old Post May 26th, 2017 12:43 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Nice little featurette with the director...

Old Post Jun 19th, 2017 08:09 PM
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Social media embargo has lifted and the reactions are pretty damn good.

Many calling this film one of the most visually impressive films ever and the cast is good as well.

This summer is looking to be top notch in quality.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2017 05:30 AM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mehedi067
Restricted

Account Restricted

Lets hope he redeems himself after that turd that was the prison satellite. Couldn't believe the same man who made The Fifth Element made that.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2017 11:53 AM
mehedi067 is currently offline Click here to Send mehedi067 a Private Message Find more posts by mehedi067 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jackjohn
Restricted

Account Restricted

I watch the trailer of the movie and like it. Is it a nice movie?

Old Post Jul 6th, 2017 10:05 AM
jackjohn is currently offline Click here to Send jackjohn a Private Message Find more posts by jackjohn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Originally posted by Flyattractor
Looks like it wants to be a Hipster Emo Star Wars.

Which is funny cause that is what Star Wars is trying to be.

Skip till it hits disc.
Iow you're too poor to go to the theater. It's ok friend.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Jul 6th, 2017 01:10 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by playa1258
Social media embargo has lifted and the reactions are pretty damn good.

Many calling this film one of the most visually impressive films ever and the cast is good as well.

This summer is looking to be top notch in quality.

Yeah, I saw some tweets or something on social media and people seemed to enjoy it. I think some comments said the characters get a little overwhelmed by the effects and visuals, but that's certainly expected to some degree.

Originally posted by mehedi067
Lets hope he redeems himself after that turd that was the prison satellite. Couldn't believe the same man who made The Fifth Element made that.

I believe you're talking about Lockout. He wrote it, but didn't direct. Personally I think it's fun.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2017 01:32 PM
jackjohn
Restricted

Account Restricted

A lot of expectations from the movie. I hope it will be very interesting.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2017 10:54 AM
jackjohn is currently offline Click here to Send jackjohn a Private Message Find more posts by jackjohn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Looks like its going to be a mix bag this movie

The movie itself has gotten a 9/10 at Joblo.com, Meanwhile other places aren't so generous.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2017 02:09 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Yeah, sounds like pretty much what I expected. The RT consensus...

quote:
"Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets uses sheer kinetic energy and visual thrills to overcome narrative obstacles and offer a viewing experience whose surreal pleasures often outweigh its flaws."

Rotten
Tomatoes

quote:
"Valerian is at times so mind-meltingly beautiful and strange that I'm still not sure I didn't just dream it all."

July 11, 2017
Bilge Ebiri
Village Voice
*Top Critic

Expected that.

quote:
"Besson has built his movie around a core couple that has what amounts to negative chemistry."

July 11, 2017 | Rating: 1/4
Soren Anderson
Seattle Times
*Top Critic

Was afraid of that.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2017 12:54 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Seems like you're either going to like the chemistry between the two character's or not at all

the Joblo reviewer liked it

quote:
The visual effects are stunning, but the story may not work for everyone. It is a strange mix of comedy and romance and sci-fi adventure, and frankly that was a selling point for me. The story itself - the screenplay is also by Besson - is a bit strange. It flows from the simple and comedically romantic partnership of Valerian and Laureline, to a slightly convoluted plot about an alien race who may be an enemy to the human. However, I appreciated its occasionally clumsy reveals. There is a sense of whimsy that will connect to young audiences, but may put off those looking for a more mature work off. This is the kind of flick you can just take in, laugh and enjoy.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2017 02:28 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Yeah, I really want to get out and support it, so I might try to catch a matinee or something at some point. Think it'll be worth seeing on a big screen.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2017 03:04 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I'm sure the movie will flop.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2017 01:09 AM
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Not looking good for this film.

Dunkirk is getting raves.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2017 02:45 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by playa1258
Not looking good for this film.

Dunkirk is getting raves.

So you can't watch a movie yourself....without looking at the reviews?

Old Post Jul 13th, 2017 03:16 AM