KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets (2016)

Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets (2016)
Started by: Kazenji

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Idk, I've seen a rather big disparity in release dates WW compared to most movies. May that be the reason why it's making so little money as of now?

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Jul 24th, 2017 11:55 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jul 25th, 2017 01:24 AM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Very whiny -and cheap- post, my old-as-shit friend.

lmmfao...

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jul 25th, 2017 02:16 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
in fact they almost reminded me of Han Solo and Leia in the original Star Wars). Valerian is sort of arrogant and full of himself and Lauraline is very tough,

Apparently its where Lucas & co got the inspiration from for the Valerian comic, When they did Star Wars.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2017 02:36 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Kazenji
Apparently its where Lucas & co got the inspiration from for the Valerian comic, When they did Star Wars.

I love your syntax, Kaz. lol. Keep it up.

It makes sense. It's very Solo/Leia. It doesn't surprise me that Valerian was an inspiration for Star Wars. A lot of it reminded me of Star Wars.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2017 05:15 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Oh, I almost forgot. I thought I recognized John Goodman's voice in the movie. Sure enough, it's him...

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000422/?ref_=tt_cl_t4#actor

It's a great voice match. He voices this guy, Igon Siruss...

(please log in to view the image)

If he's from the comics he had to be an inspiration for Jabba the Hutt.

Last edited by Patient_Leech on Jul 25th, 2017 at 08:09 PM

Old Post Jul 25th, 2017 08:05 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ascendancy

Originally posted by Esau Cairn
Obviously it's only my personal opinion but sometimes fondness & memory clouds the real quality of a film...

Juz saying The 5th Element was fun & cool 20 years ago but watching it again recently...there was a lot of cringeworthy cheesy moments.

I really forgot how annoying & how much Chris Tucker ruined the movie for me.

Guess he's pretty polarizing, but I loved that performance. Loved that all the characters were fun in their own way. The general, the president, the super flamboyant fem guy who's the embodiment of the perfect male sex symbol then. Still love watching that movie.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2017 03:15 AM
Ascendancy is currently offline Click here to Send Ascendancy a Private Message Find more posts by Ascendancy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Esau Cairn
Obviously it's only my personal opinion but sometimes fondness & memory clouds the real quality of a film...

Juz saying The 5th Element was fun & cool 20 years ago but watching it again recently...there was a lot of cringeworthy cheesy moments.

I really forgot how annoying & how much Chris Tucker ruined the movie for me.

Chris Tuckers voice in that movie was like 1,000 tiny little daggers of ice stabbing me in my brain. Some Cthulhu type shit must have been afoot, because my mind just can't even process how people came up with that.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2017 05:18 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Just seen from Walter Simonson on Facebook his thoughts on the movie, Go into this movie with low expectations and you'll enjoy it seems to be the way.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2017 03:02 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I had to look up who Walter Simonson even is. I've never read any of his comics, but yeah, I guess I agree with him if that's what he said. Like with any movie really you have to temper your expectations with what you see in the trailers and with your appreciation for big, outer space Sci-Fi/Space Opera. You have to go in expecting a visual spectacle not necessarily with the most fleshed-out characters in the world. Bottom line it's a fun world and an obvious inspiration for Star Wars with its impressive imagination. And it turns out to have some sort of detective elements, which I think makes an inherently interesting premise.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2017 12:46 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
I had to look up who Walter Simonson even is. I've never read any of his comics, but yeah, I guess I agree with him if that's what he said. Like with any movie really you have to temper your expectations with what you see in the trailers and with your appreciation for big, outer space Sci-Fi/Space Opera. You have to go in expecting a visual spectacle not necessarily with the most fleshed-out characters in the world. Bottom line it's a fun world and an obvious inspiration for Star Wars with its impressive imagination. And it turns out to have some sort of detective elements, which I think makes an inherently interesting premise.

So it was you who said that

I have Walt on Facebook & you got a mention from him what you said, Not by name or username

quote:
I've never read any of his comics, but yeah, I guess I agree with him if that's what he said.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2017 06:47 AM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

What? He quoted me?

Old Post Aug 4th, 2017 12:45 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Yeah, Pretty much.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2017 12:58 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Like knowingly quoted me specifically or just said similar things?

Copy and paste, would ya?

Old Post Aug 4th, 2017 01:10 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

quote:
From a web discussion of the movie, Valarian, in which a post referred to my comment here on FB upon seeing the movie, paraphrasing my remark about having low expectation going into the film. Somebody else replied "I had to look up who Walter Simonson even is. I've never read any of his comics, but yeah, I guess I agree with him if that's what he said." Word. wink

Old Post Aug 4th, 2017 01:21 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Oh, I thought you meant his initial review was similar to mine.

But he quoted me and didn't even give credit. Shame.. :/

Old Post Aug 4th, 2017 01:40 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

It opens in China on Aug 25th, but I'll still be surprised if this comes anywhere near turning a profit...

Old Post Aug 10th, 2017 05:04 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Haha.. I love Luc Besson. He takes a stab at Captain America...

quote:
“What bothers me most is it’s always here to show the supremacy of America and how they are great. I mean, which country in the world would have the guts to call a film Captain Brazil or Captain France? I mean, no one! We would be like so ashamed and say, ‘No, no, come on, we can’t do that.’ They can. They can call it Captain America and everybody think it’s normal. I’m not here for propaganda, I’m here to tell a story.”

http://screenrant.com/luc-besson-ca...ica-propaganda/

Old Post Aug 14th, 2017 11:17 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Feels like his butthurt because his Valerian film hasn't been to well

also it's getting kinda ****en stupid now, Seems every few months a director rears their head and has a ***** about something with the superhero movie genre. If they don't like then don't watch it.

Last edited by Kazenji on Aug 14th, 2017 at 11:57 AM

Old Post Aug 14th, 2017 11:53 AM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Well, I tend to agree with him.

He makes a good point. America does have a lot of gall to peddle a character like Captain America. That character has always gotten on my nerves. Although, oddly enough the Captain America films have done pretty well outside the United States, so I guess we're just giving the world what they demand. laughing out loud roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Aug 14th, 2017 12:40 PM