KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Unorthodox Opinions

Unorthodox Opinions
Started by: Syndicate

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (18): « First ... « 13 14 [15] 16 17 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

I recall another author for SoD stating that Maul would beat Dooku.

Frankly, I only care about author opinion when it's their own characters.

That being said, Vader is above Dooku in Canon (which SoD is), yeah.

In Canon, it's entirely possible Vader is more powerful than Anakin too.

But in Legends? Vader seems to be roughly around Dooku and far below Anakin.

My list reflects my Legends views, BTW, not my Canon, which are different.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Dec 1st, 2016 11:47 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rebel95

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
I recall another author for SoD stating that Maul would beat Dooku.

Frankly, I only care about author opinion when it's their own characters.

That being said, Vader is above Dooku in Canon (which SoD is), yeah.

In Canon, it's entirely possible Vader is more powerful than Anakin too.

But in Legends? Vader seems to be roughly around Dooku and far below Anakin.

My list reflects my Legends views, BTW, not my Canon, which are different.

Oh, gotcha. Yeah in legends I'd probably have to agree with you.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2016 11:48 PM
Click here to Send Rebel95 a Private Message Find more posts by Rebel95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Petrus
Debonaire Member

Originally posted by Rebel95
Nah. If this were the case then Anakin would stomp everyone.

He's capable of stomping a lot of people.

"Do not go gentle into that good night"

Old Post Dec 5th, 2016 06:14 PM
Click here to Send Petrus a Private Message Find more posts by Petrus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Rebel95
Nah. If this were the case then Anakin would stomp everyone.

Both Knowledge and Potential are important.

Kenobi for instance is no match for Dooku due to the former. But Dooku is no match for Anakin due to the latter.

Originally posted by Petrus
He's capable of stomping a lot of people.

Yeah pretty much everyone except Yoda, Sidious and possibly Mace. Same with his future evil self.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2016 07:27 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rebel95

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Both Knowledge and Potential are important.

Kenobi for instance is no match for Dooku due to the former. But Dooku is no match for Anakin due to the latter.

Yup, potential doesn't mean anything without knowledge/training. That was my point

Old Post Dec 5th, 2016 07:33 PM
Click here to Send Rebel95 a Private Message Find more posts by Rebel95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Petrus
Debonaire Member

That's one of the problems I have with the RoT lineage. Valuable Sith knowledge was passed on, sure, but it's not possible to know that every single one of them lived up to his/her potential. For all we know, there could've been a couple or more who acquired a ton of knowledge but had less potential than their masters, or vice versa. Knowledge will take you far in regards to a search for power, but if you fail to live up to your alleged potential or if you lack the potential necessary to maximize the absorbed knowledge, someone less knowledgeable but with a higher ceiling might be more powerful than you. Each Sith sought out a 'worthy apprentice' obviously, but the master has a limited selection pool and at times that generation's overall potential won't be as high as, say, 100 years later or prior.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2016 07:39 PM
Click here to Send Petrus a Private Message Find more posts by Petrus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ True. And if Anakin didn't get injured, then he would have likely overthrown Palpatine before all his knowledge was passed on.

I guess that's how Palpatine planned on keeping a more powerful apprentice in check. Promising him his full knowledge in time. But I doubt Anakin/Vader would be patient enough to wait it out.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2016 07:45 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Petrus
Debonaire Member

Originally posted by Darth Thor
^ True. And if Anakin didn't get injured, then he would have likely overthrown Palpatine before all his knowledge was passed on.

I guess that's how Palpatine planned on keeping a more powerful apprentice in check. Promising him his full knowledge in time. But I doubt Anakin/Vader would be patient enough to wait it out.

There's also that. How do we know all the apprentices that had higher potential than their masters were patient enough to overthrow them after they learned everything from them?

For all we know, Bane might've had a higher potential than Ramage or Vectivus.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2016 07:52 PM
cs_zoltan

Originally posted by Petrus
That's one of the problems I have with the RoT lineage. Valuable Sith knowledge was passed on, sure, but it's not possible to know that every single one of them lived up to his/her potential. For all we know, there could've been a couple or more who acquired a ton of knowledge but had less potential than their masters, or vice versa. Knowledge will take you far in regards to a search for power, but if you fail to live up to your alleged potential or if you lack the potential necessary to maximize the absorbed knowledge, someone less knowledgeable but with a higher ceiling might be more powerful than you. Each Sith sought out a 'worthy apprentice' obviously, but the master has a limited selection pool and at times that generation's overall potential won't be as high as, say, 100 years later or prior.

Except they can sense the apprentice's potential, as Bane did Zannah's. And if they don't live up to it, then they die dueling their masters and they find a new apprentice.

It's pretty obvious erm

"You presume limits to our double standards. There are none." - Vitidiots

Old Post Dec 6th, 2016 07:37 AM
Click here to Send cs_zoltan a Private Message Find more posts by cs_zoltan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Unorthodox Opinion: As of ROTS, Obi-Wan is a superior lightsaber duelist to Dooku.

Also, another one: Not only is Revan still more powerful then Vaylin, but he also has more force potential.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Dec 6th, 2016 09:50 AM
Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Both of those are terrible.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2016 11:32 AM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ursumeles
Traitor

All except Revan > Vaylin in a combatitive sense is gross.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2016 11:34 AM
Click here to Send Ursumeles a Private Message Find more posts by Ursumeles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Originally posted by Beniboybling
I think people should keep their unorthodox opinions to themselves.
thumb up

Old Post Dec 6th, 2016 11:35 AM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cs_zoltan

Originally posted by Beniboybling
thumb up
(please log in to view the image)

"You presume limits to our double standards. There are none." - Vitidiots

Old Post Dec 6th, 2016 11:54 AM
Click here to Send cs_zoltan a Private Message Find more posts by cs_zoltan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

Originally posted by JKBart
Palpatine is above Revan.

Palpatine IS above Revan

Old Post Dec 6th, 2016 12:11 PM
Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Originally posted by Jmanghan
Also, another one: Not only is Revan still more powerful then Vaylin, but he also has more force potential.

I mean if you completely ignore the accolades, sure.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2016 01:24 PM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nfactor1995
The N-Factor

Let's see, unorthodox opinions:
- Darth Malak>Darth Bane
- Mace Windu is a peer of Darth Sidious in canon

Old Post Dec 6th, 2016 04:18 PM
Click here to Send nfactor1995 a Private Message Find more posts by nfactor1995 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Geistalt
SilenceThatSpeaksVolumes

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
- Jensyn > Hero of Tython
D:

Old Post Dec 6th, 2016 07:31 PM
Click here to Send Geistalt a Private Message Find more posts by Geistalt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Valkorion would beat Luke in a Force only fight.

Is that unorthodox? Not sure how unworthy the forum is?

Old Post Dec 6th, 2016 11:48 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Sarasu Taalon is more powerful than anyone else who wears or has ever worn the Sith mantle.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Dec 6th, 2016 11:50 PM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote