KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » A bit Late ==> Question about Cypher, Help !!!

A bit Late ==> Question about Cypher, Help !!!
Started by: bogmac

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sifer

He could have dialled it, gone over to the bed, grabbed the spike and shoved it in himself smile But the getting out is the hard part. There will be an explanation no doubt. But we just don't know it smile The Wachowski's aren't stupid enough to make a mistake like that.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2003 12:39 PM
Sifer is currently offline Click here to Send Sifer a Private Message Find more posts by Sifer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
happy kine
mirth maker

leap of faith... its just one of them things that have to be accepted.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2003 12:41 PM
happy kine is currently offline Click here to Send happy kine a Private Message Find more posts by happy kine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HeIsTheOne

OK

I thought about this one before & Cypher could have plugged himself into the matrix himself or with the help of an agent. He talks to Smith, tells him blah blah blah at the dinner table then the next time you see him (I think) is with the rest of the group waiting around the phone to be answered. Question, did he un-plug after he met with Smith or was he still in the Matrix.. Hmm.. Now that I think about it, I don't think he left & that would explain the NO reason for Tank to bring him back after meeting Smith.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2003 12:44 PM
HeIsTheOne is currently offline Click here to Send HeIsTheOne a Private Message Find more posts by HeIsTheOne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

quote:
Originally posted by HeIsTheOne
OK

I thought about this one before & Cypher could have plugged himself into the matrix himself or with the help of an agent. He talks to Smith, tells him blah blah blah at the dinner table then the next time you see him (I think) is with the rest of the group waiting around the phone to be answered. Question, did he un-plug after he met with Smith or was he still in the Matrix.. Hmm.. Now that I think about it, I don't think he left & that would explain the NO reason for Tank to bring him back after meeting Smith.

How could an agent help him?By plunging I mean stick that thing in is neck.And next time we see them we see them pluging themselfs in to go see the oracle and then the phone scene.Which means how the hell did he get out?! Lets face it..it's a plot hole! And a big one!

Old Post Jun 12th, 2003 05:42 PM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steffie

Smile hi

hi every1. i'm totally new on here, so i have no idea wots going on. sorry if my questions hav nothing to do with what this thread is about. i wud like 2 ask, why can u only feel the sentinels in the matrix and not in the real world?

this may hav no significance whatsoever, but i think that the wachoskis deliver 1 liners, that hav a hidden meaning. they are good at that!
In the M1, after the government lobby scene, neo and trinity went in the lift, loaded a bomb and climbed on top of it. Why did neo say "there is no spoon" before he shot at the cable, to release the lift? i know that quote was from wen he was with 1 of those gifted kids, wen visiting the oracle. jus wana find out if there is any reason why he repeated that quote at that particular time...

Old Post Jun 13th, 2003 01:12 AM
steffie is currently offline Click here to Send steffie a Private Message Find more posts by steffie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

Re: hi

quote:
Originally posted by steffie

In the M1, after the government lobby scene, neo and trinity went in the lift, loaded a bomb and climbed on top of it. Why did neo say "there is no spoon" before he shot at the cable, to release the lift? i know that quote was from wen he was with 1 of those gifted kids, wen visiting the oracle. jus wana find out if there is any reason why he repeated that quote at that particular time...

I think its because he was going to do something really crazy and needed to remind himself that he cant change things, they simply dont exist.Its all in his mind. Like he cant bend the spoon because, normally, thats impossible. The spoon bends because it doesn't exist its all in his mind. cool did i make sence?

Old Post Jun 13th, 2003 01:27 AM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mirthrandir63
Computer Freak

Boy, I never realized some people had to analyze evevry singnle comment made in the Matrix movies to death. Next somebody is going to ask why agent smith's name is Smith and not Bozo the Clown.

Come to think of it, could this have something to do with the matrix? After all, his name must be Smith for a reason right? Surely the Machines just didn't, gee I don't know, pick it at random?

"Money frees you from doing things you dislike. Since I dislike doing nearly everything, money is handy."
~~ Groucho Marks

Old Post Jun 13th, 2003 06:51 PM
mirthrandir63 is currently offline Click here to Send mirthrandir63 a Private Message Find more posts by mirthrandir63 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

quote:
Originally posted by mirthrandir63
Boy, I never realized some people had to analyze evevry singnle comment made in the Matrix movies to death. Next somebody is going to ask why agent smith's name is Smith and not Bozo the Clown.

Come to think of it, could this have something to do with the matrix? After all, his name must be Smith for a reason right? Surely the Machines just didn't, gee I don't know, pick it at random?

Near the beginning of the film, Agent Smith drives up in an Audi with the license plate "IS 5416". This appears to be yet another Bible reference -- Isaiah Chapter 54, Verse 16 reads as follows: "Behold, I have created the SMITH that bloweth the coals in the fire, and that bringeth forth an instrument for his work; and I have created the waster to destroy." (Capitals are for emphasis)

Does that answer your question?! lol I agree, this movie as been broken apart way to much!

Old Post Jun 13th, 2003 06:59 PM
mirthrandir63
Computer Freak

Damn, I never caught that... Maybe smith's name is smith for a reason!!!

LOLlaughing out loud

quote:
Originally posted by Kes
Near the beginning of the film, Agent Smith drives up in an Audi with the license plate "IS 5416". This appears to be yet another Bible reference -- Isaiah Chapter 54, Verse 16 reads as follows: "Behold, I have created the SMITH that bloweth the coals in the fire, and that bringeth forth an instrument for his work; and I have created the waster to destroy." (Capitals are for emphasis)

Does that answer your question?! lol I agree, this movie as been broken apart way to much!

"Money frees you from doing things you dislike. Since I dislike doing nearly everything, money is handy."
~~ Groucho Marks

Old Post Jun 13th, 2003 07:32 PM
mirthrandir63 is currently offline Click here to Send mirthrandir63 a Private Message Find more posts by mirthrandir63 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steffie

Re: Re: hi

quote:
Originally posted by Kes
I think its because he was going to do something really crazy and needed to remind himself that he cant change things, they simply dont exist.Its all in his mind. Like he cant bend the spoon because, normally, thats impossible. The spoon bends because it doesn't exist its all in his mind. cool did i make sence?

thank u 4 ur suggestion it does make sense... smile

Old Post Jun 14th, 2003 11:07 PM
steffie is currently offline Click here to Send steffie a Private Message Find more posts by steffie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
princess leia
trinity ;)

yeah well..if you play the movie backwards it wont just tell you why smith got his name, but will also give you the meaning for life, the universe, and everything...i know, ive seen it. its 42.

~*a woman who strives to be equal with men lacks ambition*~
-_-|Co- owner of the Baileys Vat. Co-Founder of the Baileys Club|-_-
-_-|Bar-girl at the tavern|-_-
-_-|wears gold metal bikini, will give bikini huggles if you poke nicely|-_-
-_-|try covering me with chocolate|-_-
happy rules:
-->there is no giant foot trying to squash me.
-->there is no such thing as aliens.
-->even though i may ignite, i probably wont.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2003 11:50 PM
princess leia is currently offline Click here to Send princess leia a Private Message Find more posts by princess leia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

what? explain that?

Old Post Jun 14th, 2003 11:58 PM
princess leia
trinity ;)

aww..have you rad hitchhikers guide to the galaxy?

happy rules:

Old Post Jun 15th, 2003 01:14 AM
princess leia is currently offline Click here to Send princess leia a Private Message Find more posts by princess leia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

No.sad

Old Post Jun 15th, 2003 01:14 AM
princess leia
trinity ;)

wel, in that the aliens build an amazing computer to figure out the meaning to life, the universe and everything, and it takes millions of years, and when its finally finished, the aliens ask and it doesnt want to tell them, it says they wont like the answer, and when they make it, the answer is 42.

happy rules:

Old Post Jun 15th, 2003 01:17 AM
Kes
Philie

ok. but 42 what?

Old Post Jun 15th, 2003 01:25 AM
princess leia
trinity ;)

exactly. thats the thing. it was stoopid. how is the answer 42? its not! thats why the alins were ANGRY. mad

happy rules:

Old Post Jun 15th, 2003 01:46 AM
Kes
Philie

Ah! Got it! lol wink

Old Post Jun 15th, 2003 01:52 AM
princess leia
trinity ;)

and it didnt take long smile

happy rules:

Old Post Jun 15th, 2003 01:57 AM
Kes
Philie

stick out tongue Btw why did you write that here? Because it doesnt make sence?

Old Post Jun 15th, 2003 02:01 AM